PDA

View Full Version : King's Bounty Available 9/24/08 on GoGamer.com

LordFess
09-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Folks you can pre-order your hard copy of Kings Bounty here : http://www.gogamer.com/searchresults.htm?keywords=king%27s+Bounty&categoryId=&x=35&y=19 and it will ship on Sept 24th....

Imperial Dane
09-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Huh.. thought that this might mean a european release date for some reason.. oh well :(

LordFess
09-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Couldn't you order this American version from them?.....Oh I guess probably not.....dag...Sorry for you Imperial Dane...:(

phoenixreborn
09-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Yep I like Gogamer. But they only ship in the US. No international shipping.

I'm going to hit the shops tomorrow and find my copy.

I've seen an October date and a November date on European shopping sites. Who knows?

Imperial Dane
09-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Well i got a late october date.. which sadly coincindes with fallout 3.. And i would really prefer not to have to chose :)

phoenixreborn
09-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Funny enough Dane those two games are also on my most wanted list.

But where King's Bounty looks really great...Fallout 3 does not look so good to me.

Zhuangzi
09-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Well i got a late october date.. which sadly coincindes with fallout 3.. And i would really prefer not to have to chose :)

Are you kidding, ID? :eek:

I am a massive fan of Fallout 2 but I think

KB:TL >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fallout 3. :cool:

Sarcerok
09-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Well traditionally the Fallout franchise is turn-based. Bethesda is dumbing it down and sexing it up by making it real time and adding more gore. Having seen what they did recently with the Star Trek franchise, I don't have much hope that Fallout 3 won't suck.

As far as Gogamer, I have KB pre-ordered at Gamersgate.com and their release date is 9-23-08, which sounds better than 9-24-08. I can't keep playing the demo over and over much more :)

knoxchris
09-23-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm hoping to download the game tonight from Gamersgate or directly from Atari's site. A few hours to go :)

Coin-coin le Canapin
09-23-2008, 03:49 AM
Well traditionally the Fallout franchise is turn-based. Bethesda is dumbing it down and sexing it up by making it real time and adding more gore.Well, I think they admit that Fallout 3 is basically an "Oblivion with guns". :roll:

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 06:04 AM
Not really at any point, and i think it's not the most clever move to call it that.. just really shows how much you actually know :P Besides it was the original fallout developers plan to move it to real time anyways.. so i can't see a problem with that, what is important is the world, the mood.. not whether it is turn based or not.. that doesn't strike me as an important aspect of fallout like.. let's say HoMM.

In any case let's not begin arguing over fallout 3, we are here to discuss kings bounty and how great it is ;)

bman654
09-23-2008, 08:59 AM
fyi you can download it from Gamers Gate now. My download has 53mins to go!

LordFess
09-23-2008, 05:13 PM
fyi you can download it from Gamers Gate now. My download has 53mins to go!
Bman, Dane is like me we want the tangible hard disk in or hands...Makes us feel like we own something....I have had experiences with companys that don't support the digital download like they do the Retail Hard disk copy.

bman654
09-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I understand. I personally like digital downloads so I don't worry about lost discs or cd-keys. But I know many like you that want that box in their hands.

Of the download services, I think GamersGate is one of the best and least intrusive. It's been my experience they are very good with patches.

D2D - I won't ever use. They are *very* bad about timely patches.
Steam - I do not like the intrusiveness of it, but it does work fairly well so I use it.
Impulse - I used it for SR2:Reboot. Still rough around the edges but appears to be comparable to GamersGate. Time will tell how they are with patch support.

I've not tried any others.