PDA

View Full Version : [Singleplayer mod] Global War

Ext3rmin4tor
04-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Hi, I wanted to present this singleplayer mod I made. Here's the description:

MOD GOALS:
Men of War is probably the best ww2 strategy game on the market, but it lacks most of all one thing: a skirmish mode where you can have huge battles against an AI player. It is a shame that you have so many units available that you can rarely use in the campaigns.
Battlefield mode is a unique skirmish mode, more advanced than those you can find in Assault Squad, whose objectives are the following:
• Create a challenging single player skirmish with a great variety of battles.
• Build a sandbox to allow inexperienced players to set up their own scenario quickly given a prebuilt map.

BATTLEFIELD MODE IN DETAILS:
Battlefield mode is a skirmish mode based on map point controls. Unlike multiplayer games, control points provide resources to buy reinforcements. Each control point grants you command points, used to buy reinforcements, and tech points. Tech points are needed in order to unlock more advanced units. Every minute you receive a new amount of command and tech points based on the control points you own.
Besides each nation can use a set of Support Commands which unlock Support Operations. Support Operations are special abilities like airstrikes or special unit reinforcements which can be unlocked by support points. Some control points provide you with these support points.

CURRENT PROGRESS:
The mod now includes several Battlefield scenarios and 5 playable factions (Germany, USA, Commonwealth, Japanese Empire and Soviet Union). Besides I have completely reworked gun stats to make them more realistic (based on penetration tables from www.tarrif.net) and added new units (some taken from other mods, see the credits in readme.txt).

FUTURE GOALS:
• Include Axis allied nations as playable factions in further realeses of the Battlefield mode.
• Convert the mod for Assault Squad.
• Make some tutorial missions for the Battlefield mode.
• Create a campaign for each of the nations.

HOMEPAGE ON MODDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/men-of-war-global-war

You can download it from here:http://www.moddb.com/mods/men-of-war-global-war/downloads

If you are fans of big battles and feel the lack of a true random skirmish in MoW it might be the mod for you.

Let me know what you think about it. Thanks in advance :)

Ext3rmin4tor
07-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Released the new version with improved AI and other minor fixes.