PDA

View Full Version : Why should I buy an original copy of king's bounty?

aldrich_gnat
09-21-2008, 10:34 AM
I for one, will be buying an original copy...

However, living in the Philippines,most people here are going to buy pirated copies!! Can you guys tell me what i must do to convince them to buy an original copy of this game..Please do not give me legal reasons because legal stuffs do not apply in the Philippines

Are there any online stuff or free update that comes along with an original CD? Or what other features will they gain by buying an original copy..tnx and more power to you guys..

Imperial Dane
09-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Well unless the philipines is an anarchy.. then the legal should apply.. of course if they don't follow it :mad: I doubt anything is going to make them change their opinion..

aldrich_gnat
09-21-2008, 10:50 AM
legal stuff applies..but government isn't strict.. so legal stuff in reality does not apply... i was wondering if it has battlenet options like those games made by blizzard...because of battlenet options philippine buyers are forced to buy original games to use this function..

Imperial Dane
09-21-2008, 10:55 AM
It's a single player game.. so no battlenet. But who knows what they may have up their sleeve ;)

sinava
09-21-2008, 11:09 AM
To support the developers, especially small developers like those of king's bounty the legend. If many people pirates, then that means less money for the devs which in turn leads to less games that you can enjoy ;)

Imperial Dane
09-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Thing is, most people who pirate never think that far at all. Especially if it is something common place :( The only way i can imagine is by offering up additional content, which they will then be required to get online from katauri's or 1c's servers where the game will be checked if it is authentic, and if not, then no service.

sinava
09-21-2008, 11:25 AM
I was just giving the guy a reason for buying the game.
The thing about additional content is most pirates don't think much about it and most of the time they are not worth buying full game for the pirates. But still a good enough content being provided using online authentication is a really good idea, much better than stuff like the limited install method being used by EA

Ball Buster
09-21-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm not completely against the piracy, but when this refers to a medium or small developers, yes, i'm completely against. We're not talking about a big company like EA, we're talking about a 'little' developers that have made an awesome game not only with an amount $$, they have made the game also with love, and you can see that in nearly every detail of the game. Yeah, maybe the full version is full of bugs, and things like so. It won't be the first time I suffer that. But think about it: if you don't support these developers, the market will be dominated by 2 or 3 companys, an olygopoly, and that will cause the games' quality to lower.

So, yeah, buy an original copy of King's Bounty :mrgreen:

axxis32
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
I just want to chip in here.

IF the game is released in US the 23rd, and in Europe (and most likely rest of the world) in november, that will only make people use pirated versions.

Why? Because of the release dates differing so much. It is much better to make a world wide release at one date, than making several release dates. That will help (somewhat) to combat the pirated versions.

Anyways, you need a reason? Tell them that they are supporting a great developer team and by doing this will (most likely) help us getting expansions.

Realtoltek
09-21-2008, 08:18 PM
because Atari is my favorit.

Ball Buster
09-21-2008, 09:07 PM
because Atari is my favorit.

That's not a reason :rolleyes:

Imperial Dane
09-21-2008, 09:30 PM
They are just the american publisher. Not the Dev..

Nike-it
09-22-2008, 06:55 AM
I close this thread, as this forum is not a place to discuss any kind of piracy. Any further post regarding this topic will be deleted. I think everyone understands, that more pirated games appear, less good games the dev. will be able to create!!!