PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the US.

Imperial Dane
09-21-2008, 06:06 AM
Well we know that the US is going to see king's bounty the 23rd of September, but what about Europe ? or having looked around here a bit, Australia ? When can we expect to see this marvelous game in stores ?

sinava
09-21-2008, 06:31 AM
also, is there a plan to release the game in Asian countries like India, singapore etc.
also, I don't why pc game companies still release their product first in US and not in Europe seeing that Europe is by far the biggest market for pc games

Imperial Dane
09-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Actually things in that regard are changing somewhat and i have seen several cases of europe getting it first, but it is slowly changing, in any case there are different publishers so i can't say why it is out first in the US than Europe.. but i imagine it might have a little thing to do with the European version being a multi language version i think.. though i am not sure.

Zhuangzi
09-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Gamersgate is the best bet for all of us in far flung countries. Anyone know how big the d/l will be? The demo was 700mb so I'm getting over 2 gig? :confused:

Imperial Dane
09-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Well i can't use gamersgate (problems with my card) In any case i prefer the boxed version, so that is why i am curious as to when the game will be arriving in Europe.

pkt-zer0
09-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Sept. 23 is for US and Europe, as far as I know. I don't see it listed under the "coming soon" section in local stores, but whatever. You can just import it if you really want.

Imperial Dane
09-21-2008, 02:11 PM
No it is the US only as otherwise european stores would reflect this.. but they don't. In any case importing from the US would cost me a small fortune i fear.

Tuco
09-21-2008, 08:55 PM
No it is the US only as otherwise european stores would reflect this.. but they don't. In any case importing from the US would cost me a small fortune i fear.

Well, what about digital delivery?

Ball Buster
09-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Well, what about digital delivery?

Oh man, read all the post before reply. Dane said in a previous post that he prefered the boxed version over the digital version. And I have the same opinion: I prefer a boxed version. It's more... tangible.

Saridu
09-22-2008, 03:49 AM
I would love to hold a box myself, however I don't think it's been published in Australia and Amazon wanted to charge $50 just to deliver it! (I wouldn't hold my breath for EBgames, they are so out of touch with the market, esp niche rpgs - they wanted to charge $100 for Mass Effect pc release, I picked it up for $40 off ebay!)

So it looks like digital download from gamersgate (shudder) second that request, anybody know how big it's going to be? - I'm on a quota here people :(

Imperial Dane
09-22-2008, 06:03 AM
Well Tuco, as Ball Buster pointed out i prefer a boxed version, and for the same reasons as him, it is tangible, it is mine.

Ryder
09-22-2008, 06:53 AM
I would love to hold a box myself, however I don't think it's been published in Australia and Amazon wanted to charge $50 just to deliver it! (I wouldn't hold my breath for EBgames, they are so out of touch with the market, esp niche rpgs - they wanted to charge $100 for Mass Effect pc release, I picked it up for $40 off ebay!)

So it looks like digital download from gamersgate (shudder) second that request, anybody know how big it's going to be? - I'm on a quota here people :(

Well I just ordered it from http://www.gpstore.co.nz/ who I've got Dark Messiah, H5 Collectors and the H5 Gold Edition off. It's going to cost me $90 but if you ask me it's $90 well spent.

I once paid $113 for Crusaders of Might and Magic so this is a steal. :cool:

Imperial Dane
09-22-2008, 07:00 AM
Well a definite date for Europe is what i would like, kinda the purpose of this thread ;) As i don't like being kept in the dark.. not when from tomorrow on, those who live in America can get their hands on the game.. and who knows, someone might already have gotten their hands on it early.

homunculus88
09-22-2008, 07:49 AM
@ Imperial Dane:

I live in Europe myself(Germany) and want the game ASAP. So I googled for the US-Import and found that the shipping cost charged by www.play-asia.com are very reasonable. I pay about 33,00 EUR including shipping (to Germany). Try it out for your country.

*Awaiting the game eagerly*

Imperial Dane
09-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Well from the look of it 33 Euro's looks like the same price i will pay.. So i might consider it depending on when it is released in europe.. if it is the 31st of October as i heard from the store where i usually get my games.. then i'll just order it from there..

But thanks for pointing that out Homunculus :)

Tuco
09-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh man, read all the post before reply.
Oh man, just-shut-up.
Well Tuco, as Ball Buster pointed out i prefer a boxed version, and for the same reasons as him, it is tangible, it is mine.
Well, honestly I think "tangibility" it's a dumb reason... but it's about your money, so do as you like.

Zhuangzi
09-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Oh man, just-shut-up.

Well, honestly I think "tangibility" it's a dumb reason... but it's about your money, so do as you like.

Each to their own, Tuco. I will get it from Gamersgate as it will cost me Aus $50 which is a lot cheaper than the $90 + it would cost for a boxed edition (with a fair bit of stuffing around to get it), and also because I know that I will be able to download and play the game very soon. But I can totally understand why people would want the boxed copy. If I had the money, I would too. :(

crayno
09-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Another option would be to download the game and buy a hardcopy later when you can pick one up for 10 Euro or so.

Daedalus
09-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I'd also prefer to know at least *when* the game would be released in EU, all this hush hush is rediculous since the game has been out for almost 6 months...

Myself i prefer to buy the boxed versions of games, i can install it whenever i want, don't need to save anything to hd and can install it on pcs without an internet connection (not that that will happen soon but you never know). Furthermore i believe in buying games when released for full price because then the developers get more cash for their work which entices and enables them to continue their activities as a softwaredeveloper.

I must say; i've never been so enthousiastic about HOMM tbh which is a good sign imo :)

Kunstner
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
From what I can gather of info. the release date in EU is end of Oct...which is very annoying, but lets hope its just my mistake and it will be out soon.

Daedalus
09-22-2008, 02:36 PM
sadly i doubt that you are wrong since end of oct is what i've been seeing everywhere as well...

:(

Imperial Dane
09-22-2008, 03:01 PM
My intelligence points to the end of october as well :( Would be nice with an answer of any sorts.. But i suppose if it is the end of october, then i will follow up on homunculus' suggestion and order it from the us..

Kunstner
09-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Same here thought frustrating

Ball Buster
09-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Dane, I bought some items before from Play-Asia and all I can say is the service was nearly perfect. But not exactly the delivery service: unfortunately, I was waiting between 3 or 4 weeks until the first order arrived, and the last order took between 2 or 3 weeks to arrive. Maybe in your country it's different, I don't know. But it's fair to say the package was in perfect conditions.

Personally, I'll wait to release in my country. One of two months isn't so much for me (well, at least I hope so :-P ).

Imperial Dane
09-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Well where do you live ? Kinda helpful if i had something to compare to ;)

Ball Buster
09-22-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm from Spain. I also ordered other games from UK pages such as Play.com or BlahDVD, and the orders arrived (obviously) sooner than from Play-Asia, in about 1 week or less. Considering that from Play-Asia the orders are delivered from Hong Kong, it isn't so strange, that's true.

Imperial Dane
09-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Well that does make sense then :P Well i'll give it a wait and if no answer or one that involves october 31st.. i'll order it from there.. as at that same time fallout 3 will be out.. Not good for several reasons i would imagine.

But i can't help but wonder why we are hearing nothing from 1c at all..

Zhuangzi
09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Well that does make sense then :P Well i'll give it a wait and if no answer or one that involves october 31st.. i'll order it from there.. as at that same time fallout 3 will be out.. Not good for several reasons i would imagine.

But i can't help but wonder why we are hearing nothing from 1c at all..

1c company blow when it comes to releasing games promptly, ID. I'm sorry but they do. Have you seen what they have done with the release of Space Ranges 2: Reboot?

Available in Russia for more than 1 year.
Available in the US for several months through Stardock.
For Europe/Rest of the world we have to go through 1C. When are they releasing it? Look at the SR2 forum on this site. "Soon." "Two weeks." "When it's ready." "October." ???? I still can't get it at the moment. :-)

For some strange reason, Space Rangers 2: Reboot ISN'T on Gamersgate, but King's Bounty IS.

Here's a link to the page on Gamersgate:

http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=product&what=view&sku=DD-KB&via=coming_soon

Well, it's 23rd September already here in Australia, but I guess it's still the night of the 22nd in Europe, so it's not available just yet. My only problem is bandwidth. How am I going to download this sucker? Anyone know how big the download will be? :confused:

Amamake
09-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Well, it's 23rd September already here in Australia, but I guess it's still the night of the 22nd in Europe, so it's not available just yet. My only problem is bandwidth. How am I going to download this sucker? Anyone know how big the download will be? :confused:

It shouldn't be bigger than 1,95Gb.

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 06:01 AM
Well gamersgate won't accept my card i'm afraid, and i don't trust paypal ever since i got an email talking about my account.. thing is, i never started one at them ! So i don't really trust them.

But if what you say is true.. i'll have to get it through play asia.. seems like the most cost efficient and speediest
method so far..

Well the atari site seems like an alternative.. much cheaper too, suppose i'll go with this and then get a boxed version much later at a reduced price...
Just a wee bit annoyed at something like this.. staggered releases like this are never good.

Zaza
09-24-2008, 03:12 PM
European Release (for Germany) is set to 30.Oct.2008

Anatoly
09-24-2008, 04:07 PM
You can always go to GamersGate and download the game from there. It is avaialble for digital download from all over the world.
We also plan to start selling the game soon in our own Online store, at the main web site.

Ryder
10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I cancelled my order from NZ as it was pushed back a week and I ordered in from Gamestop on Friday. I've been tracking it from yesterday and it's almost here.

It's gone from Louisville to Honolulu. Next day it arrived in Melbourne, where I am, to a suburb called Ascot Vale. It then hopped on another plane and decided to fly to Sydney for the night. So I was about 20km away from it yesterday and then all of a sudden about 900kms away.

But at 5:38 this morning it has arrived back at Ascot Vale. Hopefully I'll get it today or friday. :grin:

Unless it flies off again. :(

nemesis99
10-08-2008, 03:03 AM
I cancelled my order from NZ as it was pushed back a week and I ordered in from Gamestop on Friday. I've been tracking it from yesterday and it's almost here.

It's gone from Louisville to Honolulu. Next day it arrived in Melbourne, where I am, to a suburb called Ascot Vale. It then hopped on another plane and decided to fly to Sydney for the night. So I was about 20km away from it yesterday and then all of a sudden about 900kms away.

But at 5:38 this morning it has arrived back at Ascot Vale. Hopefully I'll get it today or friday. :grin:

Unless it flies off again. :(

You went oddly quiet these last few days.... I guess the package arrived? lol