PDA

View Full Version : Wolves and the SP.

desert dawg
09-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Having wolves in my troop seems to be useless. Their talent, to cause fear, only gives the AI troops control to the AI and any feared troops still attack my troops.

Imperial Dane
09-20-2008, 05:11 PM
The point of it is to ensure that they can't attack certain units in that case, but yeah, they aren't that useful in that sense..

pkt-zer0
09-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Don't they have a 50% chance to just sit there and defend instead of attacking? It also seems it takes a whole turn to recover from fear, too.

BurningCold
09-20-2008, 07:09 PM
As Dane said, any units under the spell will not attack units of a higher level. So you use it then said in guys that are of a higher level and the enemy wont even touch them. And there is the point that there is a chance that wont move at all and will just sit there.

Ball Buster
09-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Considering that your main troops early in the demo are level 2 or less units, and considering that there aren't 'human' (or dwarfes, or elves) units of level 1 in the map, yes, it's virtually useless. Yeah, I know robbers and peasants are level 1 creatures, but the peasants are nearly garbage (not so much as in HoMM II, I know :mrgreen:), and robbers... Well, there aren't so much robbers in the map (the only robbers that can be considered as a strong force are those wich stands in the hill near between the two beachs).

BurningCold
09-21-2008, 01:23 PM
In the demo, its not so much a factor. But I was speaking of it in the full game where you will have higher level creatures and be fighting thing other than living weeds :-P