PDA

View Full Version : upgraded to 4.11.1 and suddenly the B17 is an option in multiplayer?

mind_crash
03-20-2013, 07:12 PM
as above. when I select a dogfight mission under multiplayer to create a lan server for me and the father suddenly I can see new aircraft...including ones that are clearly AI only... like the B17.....I can select it and click fly.....then when the map loads I am not at the runway and cannot see the craft......if I press F2 I can see it but of course cannot fly it...anyone one got any ideas to this? I have just go through all the standard multiplayer missions and they are the same....puts a real delay on me and my dad playing as I have to figure what aircraft I can actually pick....

Luno13
03-20-2013, 07:36 PM
You can fly AI aircraft like the B-17 from external view only.

The way to do this is to edit the mission files and manually insert the AI planes into the home-base.

You can only fly them by selecting a regular airplane first, hitting Fly, ending that flight, then selecting the AI plane. It's fun but not practical as you can't see where you're going nor make use of the bomb-sight.

mind_crash
03-20-2013, 07:52 PM
I see......but the thing is I havent manually edited my files....I have installed 4.09 from steam installed patches upto 4.11.1 then suddenly all my standard mission multiplayer files contain all aircraft...I don't want them too....I don't understand how they got there...I have just re-installed it all now from scratch to have the same problem.

I must be going made or have a bad patch somewhere

majorfailure
03-21-2013, 11:56 AM
I see......but the thing is I havent manually edited my files....I have installed 4.09 from steam installed patches upto 4.11.1 then suddenly all my standard mission multiplayer files contain all aircraft...I don't want them too....I don't understand how they got there...I have just re-installed it all now from scratch to have the same problem.

I must be going made or have a bad patch somewhere

I think everything is fine. Its in dogfight mode right? Same here. Can select AI only planes but can't fly them.

IceFire
03-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Figured it out...

So you go in and create a custom dogfight match up by creating one or more spawn locations (red and/or blue) and then save the match and away you go right?

Except no planes are on the aircraft list. So the game has a error trapping procedure that says that if the homebase has no aircraft then default to ALL available aircraft regardless of player flyable status. Online we use a variation of this trick by manually entering (using Notepad) additional AI aircraft that are either flyable from external views or flyable through HSFX. One additional trick is that a flyable aircraft has to be chosen first and then the AI type is selected. We've been using that one for 7-8 years now :D

Simple solution is to edit the plane list for the homebase by selecting all of the aircraft and moving them over to the right side so that they are flyable. You will avoid this problem in the future.

mind_crash
03-22-2013, 04:49 PM
nice catch :) I shall give that go :)