PDA

View Full Version : windowed mode?

Fuzzwah
09-17-2008, 09:52 PM
For anyone else who is interested in running the demo in windowed mode, I've worked it out.

You need to open up the game.ini file which will have been created in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your windows username>\My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Demo\game.ini

(At least it's here if you're running Windows XP, I can't comment on Vista)

In that file you'll find a line:

setf ~windowed 0

Change it to:

setf ~windowed 1

And restart the demo. Its a bit weird when it fires up, but when I click on the strange title bar that pops up the rest of the window fills out and works fine.

Coin-coin le Canapin
09-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't have any weird thing when lauching the game in windowed mode..
Can you make a screenshot? :o

Kemot722
09-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I can't comment on Vista

This trick doesn't work on Vista 32bit. Game still working on fullscreen.

Zork
09-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Weird...it works fine for me in 64-bit Vista.

Now that I think about it, I may have experienced the same thing. Initially, I I installed the game asing the "Documents and Settings" directory for my game files. I made the game.ini change and nothing happened.

I reinstalled the game with the "use game directory" option, made the change and it worked.

Maybe there are two game.ini files installed if you select the "Use Documents and Settings" folder? One in the game directory and one in the documents and settings directory?

-Zork

taltamir
12-10-2008, 09:36 PM
anyone knows a way to force it to use proper resolution? (aka, use the resolution you set for the INSIDE of the window, not the OUTSIDE of the window, actually its not outside either, its somewhere in the middle. For example, the horizontal area is 2 pixels smaller then the set resolution).

There is a nice little program called "gamers window relocator" which automatically or manually moves the window so that its top is outside the desktop area. If the window has an internal resolution identical to that of your desktop, it looks like full screen, but you can alt-tab / press windows button) without any negative effects.).

taltamir
12-10-2008, 09:48 PM
ok, changing windows to "classic theme" increased the horizontal size enough so that the sides are no longer a problem. As well as increasing the internal vertical size a bit. So you could relocate the window such that only a thin strip at the TOP remains. with the bottom and sides matching perfectly (aka, you don't see the "window", only the contents of the window, being, the game)

Gatts
12-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Also you may try to look more precisely in the .INI files - maybe there is something also for windowed mode resolution hidden somewhere...

than try this:
http://appaholic.co.uk/2007/10/16/dxwnd-force-almost-anything-into-a-windowed-mode/

taltamir
12-11-2008, 05:25 PM
there is a resolution setting in game.ini, it just doesn't work, if i change the resolution from 1920x1200 to 1922x1210 it doesn't change anything. Window mode seems to just match your desktop resolution - space reserved by the window theme you have turned on (disabling themes helps a little, but it is still not right). (that, or it automatically reduces it if it detects your monitor cannot display such an output)

Also, I found a newer version of DXWnd http://www.mpcdownloads.com/forums/downloads/Maple-Story/DxWnd-1.21A/6967.html
But, it does not seem to work on king's bounty.