PDA

View Full Version : Fund Raising?

ECV56_Guevara
02-22-2013, 04:53 PM
If would exists a community effort to include a plane in the sim (same as SVK community project) Would you support with money? If so, how much money are you givin` to it?

02-22-2013, 05:02 PM
personally i gived money for "pe-8" and thinking about this here too (500 рублей=15-20 dollars), in total, all this strange, but normal at this moment, but i don't know how i can do this without problems...

JtD
02-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Depends on the plane, of course. But yes, I would.

RPS69
02-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Well... till my vote, we have rised around U$S300.

Fighterace
02-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes I would.

panzer1b
02-22-2013, 10:43 PM
depending on plane yes, but given i dont have any credit cards or the like i cant see how id get it to you guys (mailing is bad idea as the post office workers are basically employed robbars)

Feathered_IV
02-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Yes, I would happily pay.
Panzer1b, you can purchase prepaid visa "giftcards" from post offices and the like. These work just like a creditcard, so no problem for you there. No ID necessary so they are secure etc. I use them all the time for ebay and RoF :wink:

Fenice_1965
02-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Yes

FlyingShark
02-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes.

~S~

RegRag1977
02-25-2013, 06:21 PM
I would support no question!!

mmaruda
02-27-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm kind of short on money, so my vote unfortunately would be no. If we were talking about a higher fidelity addon than standard IL-2 planes, I might consider a donation.

Before you all start hating on me, let me just say, that for some time now, I have been swimming in the DCS pond and while I still love IL-2, I don't play it almost at all. It's still on my hard drive waiting for the new patch, but unfortunately, IL-2 the way it is has grown kind of old to me. Not the level of realism and challenge I have grown used to by study sims, not as much fun as it used to be, call it a "been there, done that" syndrome. So a single payware plane doesn't cut it for me, I'd rather save the cash for some more modern sim.

I might consider, if it was a larger addon, something that would take IL-2 to the next level, but a single plane... There is already 200+ machines here, and I mainly fly fighters, so there is enough planes for me. Also, $50 for an IL-2 level simulation of a single plane is too much IMHO. That is the price for a full study-sim module for DCS, like the Mustang or something.

GF_Mastiff
02-28-2013, 04:12 AM
I payed for the last-one were is it?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-28-2013, 08:38 AM
What?

Fighterace
02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Is paying for a particular aircraft seriously being considered?

ECV56_Guevara
02-28-2013, 11:05 AM
I payed for the last-one were is it?

Please, explain yourself.

Figtherace, SVK community did it an I guess Russian too with the P-8. I made this poll to know if banana forum members were able to do the same. There are positive answers at least to pay acomplete a external model. We need a project lead. Or we could support the SVK community project and help finish the He 177 cockpit if they need it. Hey Magot are you reading this:grin:?

02-28-2013, 02:31 PM
I made this poll to know if banana forum members were able to do the same. There are positive answers at least to pay acomplete a external model. We need a project lead.

just for interest, you can create topic about "what we REALLY need?" (or we can to write here) - although i think it's not really constructive, too much wishes for too much sides and too much specific type of users here, but not so much users in total - maybe, we can try...

for example, yes, we can help with he-177 (for example, with one of gunners, personally i think what pilot, bomberman and one gunner it's enough ie minimum), well, good late german bomber in game, and it's enough...

by the way, it's bad translation, or magot wrote about beta-cockpit for do-217 in alpha-4.12?

next, i remember about russian "project of cargo plane" or something like this, which was similar with "pe-8", well, cargo plane like li-2/c-47 it's really not bad choice for many players...

we can think about new correct 3d models for fw 190s or il-2 (in fact, at least just need one new 3d model of il-2 one-seater with some little differents, and it's could be normal plane for 41-44 with am-38/am-38f, shvaks/vya-23, different sights, rockets etc, last mention about these ils which i read - yassi'44)... or just about fw 190 a-2 (a-3 very similar with a-4, a-1,2 it's "another" plane and if i'm not mistaken, planes used even in 43 at soviet-german front)... about p-51 with allison (planes, almost like p-40, used in many countrys, even in USSR)... catalina (planes were used in many countrys, in ussr too)... just examples... etc...

lot of really needful, interesting things and wishes for real gameplay, which need now, which too much for one team like DT, and which we must to wait in other games too long...

and by the way, personally i can give priority for german/allied or even some japanese/french planes, because, if i'm not mistaken or not forgot something, for real use on soviet-german front needs mainly some series of planes, historically correct performances and weapons ie not so much and this theatre now well for online-wars or scenarios...

or, at least, we just could help DT to understand what most needful in society...

well, just my thoughts...

ECV56_Guevara
02-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Hey 1984, you re rigth.
I was thinking in something simple, a Lysander for example.
But why not reunite all efforts? Why not to help svk community to finish He 177 cockpit? And then maybe start a new fundraising and make a new plane.
I wrote to Magot. Let s wait.

Sita
02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
+ me

Sita
02-28-2013, 04:12 PM
personally i gived money for "pe-8" and thinking about this here too (500 рублей=15-20 dollars), in total, all this strange, but normal at this moment, but i don't know how i can do this without problems...

for pe8 i did it three time by 500 рублей

02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Hey 1984, you re rigth.
I was thinking in something simple, a Lysander for example.

something like lysander mk III or mk IIIa? well, why not, although for us/uk-german/pacific fronts need very much important things like maps, ground targets, planes (typhoons, mustangs with allison, several bombers)...

I wrote to Magot. Let s wait.

ok...

for pe8 i did it three time by 500 рублей

you are very rich...:mrgreen:

if seriously, i fast checked soviet planes, well, really need only planes like er-2 (just good bomber), su-2 (important early attack plane), li-2 (c-47 in fact), tu-2 (late fast bomber) and mbr-2 (maybe, better catalina for all)...

other planes not so important for gameplay, it's yak-4 (very similar with pe-2, so), yak-6 and ще-2 (very "soviet" cargo-planes, better think about c-47 for all), r-10 (very similar with su-2, so), ut-1b/uti-4 and sh-2 (mainly for fun) etc...

other planes it's lend-lease (here (http://postimage.org/image/9hkwti7xl/) list of planes, but with many small errors ie just for interest)...

well, no so much, and personally i think what have reasons only for su-2/li-2/tu-2 or new model, for example, of il-2 one-seater...

Sita
03-01-2013, 07:41 AM
tu2 su2 li2(plus c47 ld2) b17

Blaf
03-01-2013, 08:31 AM

b24 b29 whirlwind meteor wellington defiant kukuruznik

However since i don't know anything bout the Il-2 engine, i would like to ask - would it be anyhow possible to collect money to pay 3d party programmers or such to create or update also some core game features (i mean graphics, physics etc.)?
New content is always cool, but some improvements to the engine might be even cooler :) (and eventhough TD are doing fantastic job, their resources are still limited)

Sita
03-01-2013, 09:12 AM
kukuruznik

?

Blaf
03-01-2013, 09:26 AM
?

:) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_Po-2

03-01-2013, 10:26 AM

кстати, а этот б-17 еще делается? хотя, так как уже почти есть б-24 с кабинами, ябы не стал включать 17й в список "необходимых новых самолетов", и лично мне сейчас даже немного жаль что тогда не состоялся проект толи ли-2 толи еще чего то такого...

by the way, can you tell here about your next plane - it's su-2, tu-2 or c-47?:mrgreen: maybe, some peoples here could help with their money...

b24 b29 whirlwind meteor wellington defiant kukuruznik

b-24 here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24281) and ready... b-29, well, i just can't imagine how much and how long it's could be... whirlwind not so important and mass plane, although, and i like this... meteor, agree, but we have p-80... 3d models of wellington, and beaufort, have in 4.12, but personally i can't say what really wanted cockpits and by some reasons better something more "worldwide" like blenheim... defiant, like whirlwind, so... Sita makes cockpit for kukuruznik, so...

so, in end, i see only meteor or blenheim, although it's only my opinion and i can don't know about real significance of wellington, for example...

but... i think lot of peoples prefer typhoon, mustang, blenheim etc too...

ECV56_Guevara
03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
However since i don't know anything bout the Il-2 engine, i would like to ask - would it be anyhow possible to collect money to pay 3d party programmers or such to create or update also some core game features (i mean graphics, physics etc.)?
New content is always cool, but some improvements to the engine might be even cooler :) (and eventhough TD are doing fantastic job, their resources are still limited)

I don´t think so. It s different to create a 3D model or to pay for it. If anyone has talent, time and skill (or money :-P ) could create a model using common software The final inclusion in the sim has to be made by DT. The tools and the knowledge, are theirs. For effects and other things I guess you need acces to the game´s core itself, and beside got the talent, time and skill (or money) you will need the tools to decompile and compile again. But it is my guess, any DT member could answer accuratelly your question.

Blaf
03-01-2013, 10:57 AM
кстати, а этот б-17 еще делается? хотя, так как уже почти есть б-24 с кабинами, ябы не стал включать 17й в список "необходимых новых самолетов", и лично мне сейчас даже немного жаль что тогда не состоялся проект толи ли-2 толи еще чего то такого...

by the way, can you tell here about your next plane - it's su-2, tu-2 or c-47?:mrgreen: maybe, some peoples here could help with their money...

b-24 here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24281) and ready... b-29, well, i just can't imagine how much and how long it's could be... whirlwind not so important and mass plane, although, and i like this... meteor, agree, but we have p-80... 3d models of wellington, and beaufort, have in 4.12, but personally i can't say what really wanted cockpits and by some reasons better something more "worldwide" like blenheim... defiant, like whirlwind, so... Sita makes cockpit for kukuruznik, so...

so, in end, i see only meteor or blenheim, although it's only my opinion and i can don't know about real significance of wellington, for example...

but... i think lot of peoples prefer typhoon, mustang, blenheim etc too...

Whoa, i wasn't aware of the fact Sita is creating cockpit for Kukuruznik (and wasn't able to decode it from the single question mark he posted :) ), that's great and im looking forward to it (together with the B-24 which i completely forgot someone is also preparing).
The others are just a matter of preference, but of course i may send funds to any interesting project...

Fighterace
03-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Silly question? Does this fund raising for developing planes for Il-2 also include the NG stuff?

ECV56_Guevara
03-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Fighterace, about NG issue, I don´t think so. If we collect money, it is just to pay a 3rd party modeller, the eventual inclusion in the game it s a DT task, so the agreement between DT and 1C is still there.

SaQSoN
03-01-2013, 02:03 PM
If we collect money, it is just to pay a 3rd party modeller, the eventual inclusion in the game it s a DT task, so the agreement between DT and 1C is still there.

Exactly.

Blaf
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Maybe we can collect money to pay lawyers againts the NG :D

Sita
03-01-2013, 04:31 PM
@Blaf
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=20812&page=10&p=1887043&viewfull=1#post1887043

hafu1939
03-01-2013, 11:51 PM
I think we miss trainer planes, such as Po-2/U-2, DH 82, Miles Magister, Bü 131, Bü 181 or Ar 96B. Many of them exist as mods or WIP. Some of them were used as operational also. It wouldn’t be too hard to make these existing mods compatible with stock Il 2, I hope. Anybody else thinks we need trainers, or should I forget this idea?

GF_Mastiff
03-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Please, explain yourself.

Figtherace, SVK community did it an I guess Russian too with the P-8. I made this poll to know if banana forum members were able to do the same. There are positive answers at least to pay acomplete a external model. We need a project lead. Or we could support the SVK community project and help finish the He 177 cockpit if they need it. Hey Magot are you reading this:grin:?

yep so did we get the new model I helped pay for or not is what I'm asking where is it So I can look at it...

dFrog
03-02-2013, 06:45 AM
yep so did we get the new model I helped pay for or not is what I'm asking where is it So I can look at it...

If you payed for He-177, contact magot here or better at SVK.

Blaf
03-02-2013, 11:43 AM
@Blaf
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=20812&page=10&p=1887043&viewfull=1#post1887043

Niiice! Many thanks!

ECV56_Guevara
09-09-2014, 04:08 PM
OK BUmp!
Put the money in your mouth!

https://sites.google.com/site/he177a3r2greif/

Let s finish this guys! Maybe later we could make another fundraising so another plane of our dreams, could come true.

Sita
09-09-2014, 06:49 PM
i'm already in ... 50$ from me was transfered ...

any new flyable plane for Il2 is a greate thing!

Jumoschwanz
01-12-2015, 02:44 AM
If anyone deserves money it would be DT. I think it would be great if they had a PayPal account that we could send a few bucks to now and then so at least they could buy pizza and beer to consume, or computers and hardware they wore out while they worked on IL2.

ECV56_Guevara
01-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Hey Jumo, I find your suggestion very noble, but as far as I know DT is a team with members all around the world, so maybe could be very hard to divide money between them. Not imposible, but not an easy task. I guess there are about 20 members of DT, with a few actives. Maybe Caspar or Magot could confirm.
Regarding the fund raising, here are the results:
https://sites.google.com/site/he177a3r2greif/phase-three/income

Very good Russia!!!!!
hired modellers are DT members I think. IF this initiative is finished, maybe if there is a 4.14 we could gather some more money for other project.

Jumoschwanz
01-12-2015, 10:24 PM
The team could certainly have a PayPal account, and a treasurer to keep track of funds. They should be able to figure that out.....

Cloyd
01-12-2015, 10:34 PM
From what I understand, TD can't take any money for their work. But If they had a favorite charity, I might contribute in their name.

Cloyd

Oscarito
01-12-2015, 11:28 PM
This is certainly a sensitive matter, but only I can say is that there's no such thing as a free lunch...:roll:

IceFire
01-13-2015, 12:21 AM
Not sure... but I don't think that will work.

What does appear to work is third party groups take donations to pay graphic artists to build aircraft cockpits. It worked for the Pe-8 project and appears to be working for the He177 project.

ECV56_Guevara
01-13-2015, 01:11 AM
What does appear to work is third party groups take donations to pay graphic artists to build aircraft cockpits. It worked for the Pe-8 project and appears to be working for the He177 project.

Indeed. If we could get the support to finish the he 177 maybe we could gather some more money to another aircraft.

Sita
01-13-2015, 06:11 AM
BTW ... if i understand correctly ... now He177 project is paused ... because don't have enough funds ... for rear gunner pit now only half of sum ...

so if somebody want support He 177 now is best moment ...

P-38L
01-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Yes I will support.

Sita
01-14-2015, 07:14 AM
Nice) Thanks)

Jumoschwanz
01-19-2015, 02:48 PM
If DT supports a project and says that it is being done to their standards and will be included in a future patch when it is finished then it is worth funding. I am certainly not giving any money to hackers that are producing toys for themselves or MOD packs that have nothing to do with IL2 in any official way, nobody else should either that cares about this flight sim.

ECV56_Guevara
01-19-2015, 04:51 PM
If DT supports a project and says that it is being done to their standards and will be included in a future patch when it is finished then it is worth funding. I am certainly not giving any money to hackers that are producing toys for themselves or MOD packs that have nothing to do with IL2 in any official way, nobody else should either that cares about this flight sim.

As example He 177 it s a community paid add on to Il2. The process of incluison in the sim it s done by DT. Please Jumo Check this:

https://sites.google.com/site/he177a3r2greif/home

Sita
01-19-2015, 05:17 PM
in case of He177 fund will goes only to pay work of hired 3D modeller... in any other hand it does not fall

Bolelas
01-19-2015, 06:45 PM
When you people work things out please share the account data. I will not give much, but will be a helping hand, better than nothing.

ECV56_Guevara
01-23-2015, 02:45 PM
I`ve contacted the He177 developer team. Now is paused by fundings shortage. So THIS is the moment to support the project, a few bucks, all is welcome. Think how much we spent in the glorious Il.2 and how much fun it gives us.

Donate:
https://sites.google.com/site/he177a3r2greif/

Sita
01-23-2015, 04:27 PM
So THIS is the moment to support the project,

yep ..best time ...

swiss
01-24-2015, 10:05 AM
yep ..best time ...

lol!

ECV56_Guevara
01-24-2015, 03:28 PM
Swiss I dont get it. What`s so funny mate?

swiss
01-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Swiss I dont get it. What`s so funny mate?

IL2 1946 is dead, unfortunately. The servers are empty.
Time to move to BOS I guess, still dont have it tho.

IceFire
01-24-2015, 05:27 PM

No denying that IL-2 1946 is reaching the end but it's not there yet.

Lots of folks still play single player and BoS has not yet hit the spot where it has fully eclipsed the previous product.

Fenice_1965
01-24-2015, 06:09 PM
+1
1946 is still the most populated sim online.
I am checkin often the numbers of the 3 major sims online and rarely CLOD or BOS are able to gather more players than IL2.
Valor and Battlefield are still making good numbers expecially during the weekends. They are far from empty and will be filled with 4.13 again.
Also if BOS continues with the same design choices I doubt it will get the heart of IL2 pilots. A coat of wwii planes above ROF body is not enough to please IL2 simmers.

Sita
01-24-2015, 06:43 PM
lol!

i mean other ...
i want to say that is good moment to support ..

il2 isn't dead ... few minutes ago i was flying on server with over than 40 people .. il2 stile Alive!

Fenice_1965
01-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Just looking now:
BOS has 68 players online.
IL2 has 171 on the lobby. About 30 are servers, but a lot of people use direct connect.
CLOD is around 90 on ATAG (which is normally almost the whole CLOD community online).

swiss
01-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Everyime i check HL there are like 6-10 ppl on the most populated servers i.e. AoE, SOV or BF.
The other night I joined AoE, as it looked promising with ~25 ppl - then I realized some squad had a squad night and 20 pilots were on blue side.

il2 isn't dead ... few minutes ago i was flying on server with over than 40 people .. il2 stile Alive!

Which one? Pls tell me it wasn't "Charlie Foxtrott" one.

Fenice_1965
01-25-2015, 12:45 PM
If you want to check exact number of players you should check their site.
Half of the people do not use HL to join.
This is SOV as I am writing. on HL there's 21 players.
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b603/marcomossa65/SOV_250115_zps28ef700b.jpg.

this is BOS attendance in the same moment...
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b603/marcomossa65/BOSattendance_zpsbb6d3859.jpg

None of BOS servers has the same number of players of SOV alone.......

gaunt1
01-25-2015, 06:31 PM

I think BOS has very very low chance of replacing IL-2. It is true that good old IL-2 is not as realistic as BOS in terms of FM or DM, and its graphics isnt that great, but its scale is so massive that it simply cant be repeated in the future if you think about how long a game's development takes nowadays. Just look at all the maps, it covers almost all the WW2. Add to it hundreds of different planes. TD also implemented numerous improvements, which made it even better. And these are more than enough to offset the realism advantages of BOS. It cant be denied that it is slowly fading away, but it is slow enough that it will probably outlive even BOS!

swiss
01-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Its sunday night, there are 13 players on SoV.
17 on BF.
Impressive(...)

but its scale is so massive that it simply cant be repeated in the future

Everything and can be repeated given enough time. 1946 had 14 years or so.
This is a flight sim, basically is is only about FM/DM and fancy graphics, not so much about versatility.
Virtually all of the German squads are gone, ask them why.
They will tell you they were sick and tired of the shitty graphics.
On the other side, our squad, which survived the darkness between 1946, clod and Bos even found new members thanks to Bos(Then again not a single pilot flies 1946 anymore).
Other squads seem to rise from the dead too.

Good luck tho'.
May the modders be with you. ;)

Janosch
01-25-2015, 08:02 PM
The numbers on training wheels servers are irrelevant when gauging whether or not a flight sim is dead. At least most Europeans get to enjoy realistic servers - they have their peak hours and... quiet hours, but it's not like anyone plays 24/7 anyway.

As for the He-177, I'm not too thrilled of the inclusion of a new bomber. It will be a treat that is enjoyed by a small minority of players. For example, on dogfight servers, most bomber ops are simply counterproductive. Of course, a bomber or two might add to the immersion, but those slots would better be filled with fighters instead.

Fenice_1965
01-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Its sunday night, there are 13 players on SoV.
17 on BF.
Impressive(...)

I do not want to defend the server, but I was playing on Valor when you posted, the number you are quoting is from HL and at the map change with a chinese war map. The map before there were 30 and now with Operation Shingle server is filling again.

Obviously these are not the numbers of 3 years ago and this sim is on the sunset, but it is early to say that the new ones have the upper hand.

swiss
01-25-2015, 09:07 PM
I do not want to defend the server, but I was playing on Valor when you posted, the number you are quoting is from HL and at the map change with a chinese war map. The map before there were 30 and now with Operation Shingle server is filling again.

Wouldn't that be a good reason to get rid of the not so popular maps.

Obviously these are not the numbers of 3 years ago and this sim is on the sunset, but it is early to say that the new ones have the upper hand.

Never said that. We're still in kind of a vacuum.
What I said is:
Imho it's waste of time and money adding new stuff to 1946 at this time.

Fenice_1965
01-25-2015, 09:44 PM
Wouldn't that be a good reason to get rid of the not so popular maps.

If we could identify them correctly we would...unfortunately map popularity is variable with timeframe. Put an MTO map during Italy evening and you'll see a lot of people in...put the same map during Japanese timeframe and will be empty...
Same happens with pacific maps. They are quite good with USA but usually not so appreciated from europeans.
When IL2 was at his peak this was not a problem because there were enough people to fill every map. Now it is different...

Never said that. We're still in kind of a vacuum.
What I said is:
Imho it's waste of time and money adding new stuff to 1946 at this time.

I agree. We are in sort of vacuum. There's not a true IL2 successor and 1946 is on the sunset. Seeing on IL2 the future of flight simulation is wrong.
Btw at the moment IL2 is the way to keep gathered around the genre those who aren't attracted from the new sims, hoping that those sim will improve with the time and attract also the sceptics......

ECV56_Guevara
01-26-2015, 10:46 AM
There are very good point of view up there...but please...don t hichjack the thread. I don t really care if actually there are 2 of us flying online. This post it s about fundrising not about the sim s longevity. So Swiss, respectfully, you don t believe in this sim anymore, just dont post ion this kind of topics or at least, open a new one.

swiss
01-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Easy bro.
It all started with a lol to a post which I (wrongfully) understood as sarcastic.
I never thought this would open pandorras box.
Then again we got some interesting posts in this thread - and new posts bump it to the top, a fact that actually serves the purpose. I was done by post #65 btw.

While we're at it, this may be the worthier thread to keep alive:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=192349

It's about the core issue; the Greif.
Afaik there are no other community funded new aircraft projects.
Just saying.
Over 'n out. ;)

ECV56_Guevara
01-26-2015, 02:44 PM
You re partially rigth Swiss, we re cool.