PDA

View Full Version : "Seeing" frenzy

Kodaly
02-15-2013, 01:26 AM
I know this is an old forum, and largely moribund; well, who of us isn't, these days? ;)

In any case, I decided to play this game again for the first time in many years. Installed, patched it. Enjoying it greatly, but after getting a level of Frenzy, I'm not seeing any change to the values of my troops on the battlefield. Frenzy doesn't show up as any ability, and when I highlight a troop, the only values shown are the vanilla one against that improved by my hero's attack and defense bonuses.

Is Frenzy supposed to make a visible change to the troop when you view it? I honestly don't recall, one way or the other.

In advance, thanks.

MattCaspermeyer
02-15-2013, 09:57 AM
You should see the Frenzy animation when your stack kills an enemy stack, and then after that you should see that you now have the +Attack increase mentioned in the description.

It at least works in my current HOMM3 Babies mod game, but I didn't change this part of the game, so it should work with your stock patched game as well.

If you kill more enemy stacks the value will continue to increase, too.

/C\/C\

Kodaly
02-15-2013, 04:32 PM
You should see the Frenzy animation when your stack kills an enemy stack, and then after that you should see that you now have the +Attack increase mentioned in the description.

It at least works in my current HOMM3 Babies mod game, but I didn't change this part of the game, so it should work with your stock patched game as well.

If you kill more enemy stacks the value will continue to increase, too.

/C\/C\

Thanks for the quick response. I'll look for that.

Kodaly
02-15-2013, 06:41 PM

I just noticed that the description in the game of Frenzy is that it's simply a bonus to all attacks--not only after killing an enemy stack. I may be reading you wrong on this, but you may seem to imply that it's necessary first to destroy a stack to get the bonus. Which is correct?

EDIT: You are. I just played through a couple of battlefields, and noticed a significant bonus after one stack of mine defeated two of the enemy's. Another of my stacks that hadn't done more than soften up the enemy showed no bonus at all.