PDA

View Full Version : Question

Missguns86
02-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Is there any other games like Men of War but set in modern time?
thanks in advance xx

Zeke Wolff
02-16-2013, 09:19 PM
FoW 2006 is Faces of War and that one is set in WW2, not modern time. Digitalmindsoft are going to release a new game called Call to Arms, and that one will be set in modern time (and it is based on the same engine as MoW/MoW:AS).

~Zeke.

Missguns86
02-17-2013, 04:15 AM
so call to arms is what i'm looking for, but is not out yet,

one more question, is faces of war the same game as men of war? because when i looked it up, it almost looked the same. lol

Zeke Wolff
02-17-2013, 07:49 PM
The biggest change between the two games, is that FoW is much more arcadish than MoW... for example, a German Tiger I can be knocked out, from the front, by a 37mm antitank gun with just three to five rounds...

Many of the models that were seen in FoW, later appeared unchanged in MoW.

~Zeke.

Missguns86
02-17-2013, 10:43 PM
So then, MoW is like a sequel to FoW then.
lol 1 more question, i have MoW:Vietnam and Assault Squad, are they differnt than Red Tide, or do i have all i need for now?

and thanks for the info.
x

Zeke Wolff
02-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Game wise they are similar, but Red Tide deals with the Soviet Marine infantry. I´ve only tested the first mission, so I really cant say much about it.

~Zeke.

goodyne34
03-11-2013, 10:59 PM
I just revently bought MOW from Gamestop to download online, you start it up with a gamestop app on my desktop. Now I'd like to buy and download some of the downloadable content packages, mainly the multiplayer packages, but it says you buy, and download it thru STEAM, which is fine but since i bought and run my version thru gamestop, will i be able to play with those DOC maps and stuff with my gamestop bought version or will i be wasting my money? thank you in advance with any help i recieve, thanks guys!!!