PDA

View Full Version : DCS P-51D Epic Bail Out

Black_Sage29
02-12-2013, 01:15 AM
came across this video on youtube

this takes flight simming to a whole new level....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwFgIXTzRm0

K_Freddie
02-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Cool..
At least the parachute opens quickly.. ;)

T}{OR
02-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Nice find. :)

On my to-get-list, when DCS Fw-190 becomes available.

Treetop64
02-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Dood's got some strong legs...

fruitbat
02-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Nice find. :)

On my to-get-list, when DCS Fw-190 becomes available.

any news on what FW yet, i seriously hope its a D9 or a A8.

any other model would be silly imo because of the 51, but you never know!

T}{OR
02-12-2013, 05:05 PM
I reckon it ought to be a late Anton, hopefully Dora. We will see. All info I (we?) have now is from the last DCS Promo video Wags posted.

Black_Sage29
02-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I don't understand why they don't just make DCS a full game..why all the add-on's

Also, the combined arms looks really good. Flight simming with tank simulation

War thunder is implementing "total war" mode also with controllable ground units AND naval ship units.

I really hope 1c game studio catches on

T}{OR
02-12-2013, 08:07 PM
I have CA, together with A-10C. While I can not recommend the Hog enough, CA left me with mixed feelings. If you're looking for a tank simulator, or even arcade game - keep looking. Because of the old ground engine trees are there just for show and AI can see right through them. Often you won't even know what hit you.

Best thing about CA is human JTAC component, that can be helluva fun when you are having trouble spotting targets from 20000ft in a Hog or behind a hill in BS. I intend to try it when they fix MP (hopefully in 1.2.3., the upcoming patch). For now, my DCS modules are collecting dust since I play MP almost exclusively.

With the above said CA is good for manual control of units on the battleground, and manual AAA/SAM control that can be a lot of fun indeed. It is more a test bed for future things than anything else. My hope is that we we finally get Nevada and accompanying EDGE (Eagle Dynamics Ground Engine as someone put it on ED forums) the trees will become impenetrable for AI vision, together with all hills and buildings.

DCS World is actually an excellent idea, IMHO. You get the module you want, plug it in and join a MP server to play with others. Just look at the insane amount of modules being built / announced. Who would pay for all that if it was a single game? Remember, the majority of modules are study simulations - not survey, like IL2, ROF and Flaming Cliffs... And that requires lots more systems to be modeled. Not to mention you need good manuals and tutorial videos to go along with.

Luno13
02-13-2013, 07:37 PM
That must have been a modern parachute. That looked in no way survivable.

Black_Sage29
02-13-2013, 10:01 PM
That must have been a modern parachute. That looked in no way survivable.

In the DCS sim i believe the pilot never dies

But your right, that horse had to be going at least 400mph and it was low when the pilot bailed, that definitely is not survivable no matter what kind of parachute you have

nic727
02-14-2013, 03:27 PM
OMG, they need to put this in Il2 1946!!!
That's what they need to do :

1. Characters re-texture (not square characters)
2. bailout animation
3. First person bailout
4. New texture for the parachute

:) Maybe 4.15m

K_Freddie
02-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Here's another breaking up with high speed and high Gs

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Movies/P51Breakup.f4v?w=AADK0terngwmSaZqZyqL3fWN3i8GOQ1Zz 6LEkb_AUfGRnQ

There was another time when my pilot jumped out the pit, ran along the wing and then jumped off onto the ground - this could turn into a FPS as well :)

Black_Sage29
02-18-2013, 02:24 PM
you might want to post a youtube link to your video intead of dropbox..most people arn't going to want to download a file..plus the link doesn't work

K_Freddie
02-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Drop box is easier than u-tube, plus the movie is 'as-is', besides with u-tube, you download the file anyway.

If you drop the link into a DM (Download Manager) it should be OK.
It's in F4V format.. any later FLV player should play it
;)