PDA

View Full Version : my first gameplay commentary! [Gameplay Video]

ukBullTerrier
02-09-2013, 01:39 PM
hay just would like some feedback on this, wanted to have abit of fun in this commentary, if you wondered no this isnt my real voice.lol

i think it turned out the way i wanted it to so may do some more of these and please give us a like.thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq1uaWHOw4g

DoolittleRaider
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
I enjoyed that, specifically the Voice-over narration/dialogue; would like to see more.

As for my personal preferences/recommendations:

1. Crop the video horizontally and vertically to cut out all of the on-screen text which is distracting. That can be easily done using free software VirtualDub.

2. Do some simple editing of your final product...Edit/Cut out the long sequences of the flight/video which are not particularly interesting, or are just routine level flying, etc... This can be easily done in Virtual Dub, as well...or in Windows Movie Maker.

Whatever, I look forward to seeing some more of your Narrated videos...some with even more unusual, challenging situations...combat or otherwise.

I sense that you could apply a good sense of humor.

I refer you to Freycinet's Videos. See his Stickie in this Sub-Forum.

Welcome Aboard the Cliffs Movie-Making Sub-Forum.

Löwe
02-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Hey Doolittle why would you want to crop the video? Yo do know that you can hide absolutely ALL on screen texts and instruments with alt+rgiht click, close info window, right? I'm pretty sure you know this, there's no need for a video esitor to hide them :-) Good video, I want to see more interesting things like crashes or dogfights too :D

DoolittleRaider
02-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Hey Doolittle why would you want to crop the video? Yo do know that you can hide absolutely ALL on screen texts and instruments with alt+rgiht click, close info window, right?...

Yes...Flying without the info windows is possible...my way, in fact...
My assumption was that ukBullTerrier preferred to fly with all the text info'aides', and then later to make his video. So I recommended post-processing/cropping.

ukBullTerrier
02-10-2013, 03:21 AM
thanks for the feedback guys, also i never knew you could hide the on screen text im going to do that all the time from now on, the only time i use it is for the enemy callouts which i presume will still be there in audio form. i tried to make it as funny and ridiculous as possible. and im aware theres a lull in the commentary in the middle. im still learning to use movie maker, hopefully next vid il have some edited combat footage.

does anyone know if i can use teamspeak while recording with fraps, but not have fraps actually record any of the teamspeak audio?

Löwe
02-11-2013, 06:31 PM
I really recommend you MSI Afterburner, it is actually a tool for your video card but it has the function of recording, which is by FAR better than fraps. Besides it's totally free.
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Watch a video to have a better understanding on how to record and configure the program, but it's really simple though :-)