PDA

View Full Version : Even the Atari site is announcing the Sept. 23 release date

KingImp
09-10-2008, 07:41 PM
If their own publisher is doing so, then why can't 1C just come out and say the date so we can make plans to order it if necessary?

Imperial Dane
09-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Actually Atari is just the American Publisher, 1C does the publishing in Europe ;)

But why they haven't said it ? Good question, as i doubt that Atari would post such information unless they were sure of it.

Nike-it
09-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Actually Atari is just the American Publisher, 1C does the publishing in Europe ;)

But why they haven't said it ? Good question, as i doubt that Atari would post such information unless they were sure of it.

The game will appear in USA on 23 September (Atari). In Europe the game will be published by Nobilis at the same time or little bit later (don't know yet).

Imperial Dane
09-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Ah okay, good to have it confirmed.

.. now all i need is for the stores in Denmark to put it up for pre-order.

phoenixreborn
09-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Happy birthday to me!

Imperial Dane
09-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Not a bad birthday present :P

Daystar
09-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I litterally screamed with joy when I read an official confirmation! All the guys in my room looked up from playing Halo and stared at me strangely. (except one guy, who took advantage of their distraciton to pwn them all) They fail to understand the awesomeness of artitibepuggers

phoenixreborn
09-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Ok Daystar now you're freaking me out;)

Daystar
09-12-2008, 04:55 AM
:P It's what I do.

By the way, I'm in a REALLY good mood caused by a lot of things including a very bad day for me (not sure how that works) so FREE HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Imperial Dane
09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Free hugs ?!

*Gets in line for a free hug and potentially a demo as well*

phoenixreborn
09-13-2008, 03:18 PM
I read that the Polish demo was released.

Sandman
09-13-2008, 03:27 PM
That is correct:) Polish demo is available:)
5-6 hours of awesome gameplay:)

Tuco
09-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Link?

EDIT:
Well, and some update about english demo too, if you can...

cooler
09-13-2008, 04:00 PM
That is correct:) Polish demo is available:)
5-6 hours of awesome gameplay:)

Great, where did you find it? I searched via google and yahoo but found nothing:(

I want to try it very much!!! Give us the link!!!

Imperial Dane
09-13-2008, 04:02 PM
A polish Demo ? Well that should mean the english one is soon to come, unless the polish one was released some time ago..

And 5-6 hours ? Well i think that says alot about the whole game if they can make a demo that lasts that long :grin: Most demos nowdays are an hour at most... but 5 to 6 ? Well it is a good indicator of the full game as i said, unless Katauri went mad and decided to add a large portion of the game already :P

@Cooler: Well if the polish is out now, then the english will most likely come soon, so why not wait for that instead ? .. Unless of course you are from poland :P

Sandman
09-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Link1 (http://www.download.cenega.pl/download_system/?ID=1292)
Link2 (http://gry.wp.pl/filtr;1,0;x;gra,48,11996,9069;king8217s_bounty_leg enda;core.html)

Link2 is not working at the moment - they are probably having some server problems.

6hrs of gameplay hours require to finish all sidequests available, and take all battles in the map. But this is obvious:) What's more you can choose to play all three hero classes.
I can't tell much about english demo. I've only heard that it is supposed to be released next week:) Polish one is out there since yesterday:)

Imperial Dane
09-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Ahh okay, probably not today then.. Hopefully early next week. I'll probably wait until then.. can't read polish :P

And all 3 classes ? even better :D

BurningCold
09-13-2008, 08:53 PM
6 hours, 3 classes, no wonder it took them so long :D cant wait for it to be released here in the US!

Imperial Dane
09-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Aye.. 6 hours of play does require some imaginative testing i imagine. Glad to see they aren't doing this half arsed...

So what class are you going to try out first ? Personally i think i'm going to try the Paladin first.

Bossman
09-14-2008, 07:09 AM
I downloaded the Polish demo but when I try to install it, I get an error message that says catastrophic failure when it's extracting binkw32.

Tuco
09-14-2008, 07:27 AM
I've downloaded, installed and played it without any problem.
Well, except for the fact I can't understand a single damn word of Polish. :cool:

Sandman
09-14-2008, 07:41 AM
I downloaded the Polish demo but when I try to install it, I get an error message that says catastrophic failure when it's extracting binkw32.

Try to update your DirectX to the newest version and do NOT change installation patch. This should help.

Shega
09-14-2008, 08:52 AM
except for the fact I can't understand a single damn word of Polish. :cool:
Maybe it's better to wait a Little? : )
Is that really cool to play demo version of an adventure game with tons of dialogs and quests without knowing what is going on and what (and how) you need to do?

Bossman
09-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Try to update your DirectX to the newest version and do NOT change installation patch. This should help.

Well, that didn't work. I also tried to download it couple times.

Imperial Dane
09-14-2008, 10:07 AM
@Shega: I think you would be surprised at the persistence of some people, i mean i recall people getting the russian version.. even though they don't know the language :P

I'll just wait as i would actually like to know what is going on ;)

@Bossman: It sounds like you should try and download the demo again... or wait for the english version..

Shega
09-14-2008, 10:23 AM
@Shega: I think you would be surprised at the persistence of some people, i mean i recall people getting the russian version.. even though they don't know the language :P

I do know : ) Some even started to learn Russian due to that.
But what I am to say -- wait a Little : ) The game is really worhing that.

Sandman
09-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, that didn't work. I also tried to download it couple times.

It's strange. Keeping default installation patch for the demo and updating DirectX solved this problem for polish players... Re-downloading won't help you, so don't waste your time for it.
You could also try to change the patch to drive C: if default one is different. There's a slight chance it will solve your problem.

Imperial Dane
09-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I do know : ) Some even started to learn Russian due to that.
But what I am to say -- wait a Little : ) The game is really worhing that.

Well what do you think i am doing right now ? ;) Although it is tempting to download it... just to get a quick look at it :grin:

But i will wait, i am a patient man. Although i don't hope i will have to wait until friday... then the temptation might proove to much :-P

BleedTheFreak
09-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Well what do you think i am doing right now ? ;) Although it is tempting to download it... just to get a quick look at it :grin:

But i will wait, i am a patient man. Although i don't hope i will have to wait until friday... then the temptation might proove to much :-P

I pulled down the Polish version of the demo yesterday and put about 3 hours into it, it's amazing. I don't have a clue what folks are saying to me, I just click past the dialog and move on, but exploring the game, finding new things and areas, finding new weapons and equipment, tackling new enemies, it's amazing. I'll probably skip the English demo, so I can enjoy the full version that much more since I KNOW it's an incredible game, and now all the dialog will be brand new to me! :)

BurningCold
09-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Ive decided to go paladin last, get a shot at the two pure classes before going into the gray area. As for which one between warrior and mage, im not sure...

hawker
09-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I also had the problem with the Polish demo that it wouldn't install and gave an error around bink<something>.<something>. Redownloading, freeing up space on C: and installing in the default location, not sure which one of those steps, fixed it. Didn't need to upgrade DirectX, so it's probably not it.

Been playing around with the Polish demo and seems like they included a smaller piece of the gameworld that I anticipated: only Grenwort(sp?), instead of all of Darion, which would've been more logical.

Perhaps there were filesize considerations, or the fact that the demo would've taken a good 10-15 hours :), but including just one area means that means some of the quests in the demo can't be completed.

Imperial Dane
09-14-2008, 05:19 PM
I also had the problem with the Polish demo that it wouldn't install and gave an error around bink<something>.<something>. Redownloading, freeing up space on C: and installing in the default location, not sure which one of those steps, fixed it. Didn't need to upgrade DirectX, so it's probably not it.

Been playing around with the Polish demo and seems like they included a smaller piece of the gameworld that I anticipated: only Grenwort(sp?), instead of all of Darion, which would've been more logical.

Perhaps there were filesize considerations, or the fact that the demo would've taken a good 10-15 hours :), but including just one area means that means some of the quests in the demo can't be completed.

Well i imagine that the reason for it only containing that small piece is because it is a demo, they don't want to show off too much, and if it still manages to contain 5-6 hours of gameplay, it's still a lot, much more than what most demos offer nowadays.

So it is probably not just size constraints but also the fact that they don't want to show off to much, but just enough to get anyone hooked :P

Tuco
09-14-2008, 05:34 PM
So it is probably not just size constraints but also the fact that they don't want to show off to much, but just enough to get anyone hooked :P
Well, let me say I'm hooked, then. :cool:
Can't wait for the game, hoping for a DD version on Impulse.

Meantime... Any news about english demo?

hawker
09-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Well the game is pretty huge as is :). Including whole of Darion would've meant including about (select with mouse to see spoiler) 1/6th of the game, while the demo is a really small fraction.

I'm guessing the reason was size constraints..

Imperial Dane
09-14-2008, 05:47 PM
@Tuco: Well judging from what Shega says, i think we can expect it very soon.

@Hawker: Again yeah, but also generally limitations and not showing off to much ! I mean 6 hours is a true gift ! Most demos nowadays barely show an hour of gameplay...

Imperial Dane
09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Oh Dear.. i fell in, tried the demo in Polish... and while i don't understand a single word of it.. really diminishing the fun.. i am still having a lot of fun ! So i really can't wait for the english demo to come out !

Sandman
09-15-2008, 09:57 AM
You could try to use some translators:) Maybe it's not very comfortable, but could give you general idea of what's going on;)

Nike-it
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Guys, change the polish demo (if you are not polish;)) and download the Official English demo of this awesome game!!! The demo gives you the unique chance to learn a lot about upcoming title and enjoy the great gameplay of KB for several hours!!!

Bossman
09-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Are there any other download links? That seems to be a bit too slow.

Nike-it
09-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Are there any other download links? That seems to be a bit too slow.

Not yet, I think the problem is that there a lot people, who are downloading it at the moment.

Daystar
09-15-2008, 12:38 PM
First time in history that a game designer has advised DELETING a game they made.

And bugger, it would come out on the night I'm going to be busy with my Physics Lab. CURSE YOU DOCTOR DEVENDORF!!!!! MAY HE TURN PURPLE WITH ORANGE SPOTS AND FALL DOWN A BOTTOMLESS PIT!!!!!

BUT THE DEMO IS OUT SO YEAH!!!!!

Nike-it
09-15-2008, 12:54 PM
First time in history that a game designer has advised DELETING a game they made.

And bugger, it would come out on the night I'm going to be busy with my Physics Lab. CURSE YOU DOCTOR DEVENDORF!!!!! MAY HE TURN PURPLE WITH ORANGE SPOTS AND FALL DOWN A BOTTOMLESS PIT!!!!!

BUT THE DEMO IS OUT SO YEAH!!!!!

If you reread my post you will see, that I advice to delete only polish version if you don't know it;) and download english one:)

hawker
09-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Are there any other mirrors for the English demo? At current pace, it would take 8 hours to download from the official site. :(

Nike-it
09-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Are there any other mirrors for the English demo? At current pace, it would take 8 hours to download from the official site. :(

Not yet, I'll post them when any available

megakill
09-15-2008, 01:25 PM
You can also download King's Bounty: The Legend demo from another mirror here at:
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=55729

Imperial Dane
09-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Actually daystar he specifically advised to change the version from polish to english ;)

Daystar
09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
I know this, I was...ah, forget it

Imperial Dane
09-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Well if it is out for the 23rd of september.. why does most of europe think otherwise ? I mean no store in denmark offers it online and contacting the store i regularly visited gave me the response that they could see from their supplier that it would be late october.

Checking at play.com just to see if they might think otherwise.. but they don't.. they even seem to believe late november !

Daedalus
09-19-2008, 11:59 AM
1st post,

first of all congratz to the developers on a fine game which no doubt will please many for just as many hours.

secondly i'd like to complain abit;

i've spent some time now looking up release dates, in the US, all is fine and dandy with most dates being correct (23 sept).

in EU on the otherhand; the only consistent date i have found is 31-10-2008 (if they have listed one at all) which is more than a full month later than the US release which is astounding. Other websites are totally oblivious that this game is being released in about 1 month to their consumers.

I don't really understand where this month delay comes from, ok they have to change some copyrights and use British English instead of the american english variant but there is no way that that can take a month.

also, i have noticed that in EU there is a collector's edition available, not seen this on any US site.

I'd kindly request an update on the discrepancy between the us and eu release (which in most cases is a week and a half).

-Daed

Imperial Dane
09-19-2008, 12:14 PM
It's a bit more than that daedalus, it's the end of the next month :( Which is a wee bit overdone.. and so far the Only collector's edition i have seen seems contained to the eastern part of Europe.. But whatever the case i do hope the release isn't that staggered or that delayed..

Daedalus
09-19-2008, 12:29 PM
yeah i know, what i meant with the week and a half statement was that with other staggered releases they arrange the dates so that it's never more than 2 weeks apart, as to not lose too much press coverage

Imperial Dane
09-19-2008, 12:40 PM
or well.. generally avoid the fans feeling differently treated with largely staggered releases.. It's not really fun having to wait for such a long time, plus spoilers are also a large factor as well as some people just can't put warnings on or anything and might end up ruining it for others.

Daedalus
09-19-2008, 12:49 PM
True, although on the positive side there will most likely emerge an English fansite from the staggered release with mechanical info on how the numbers work ingame.

is that worth waiting another month? not really...

sucks that it's 31-10 EU release since Red Alert 3 and Fallout3 will release then which will affect sales negatively and with Wrath of the Lich King releasing the 13th of november alot of people who play WoW (that play othergames...) won't be able to cough up extra cash so they can pick it up.

oh well, maybe it's a bad joke on their part and they push the release forward a fortnight (to half october or earlier).

-daed

Imperial Dane
09-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Well i fear that if i have to choose between Fallout 3 and kings bounty.. that fallout 3 might win.. In any case, it would be strange if the release was staggered in such a way. Suppose there is nothing to do but await word from 1c on this :(

Lord_Loffen
09-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Ordered it from amazon.com now. will arrive here in norway between 26 to 30 september it said:D