PDA

View Full Version : Think ive found out why Kalypso patch not working.

Morgoth
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Ive checked old version TOW.exe( 1.7.0.68 ),and new version TOW.exe( 1.10.0.81 ),of the UK version,and in the/Properties/Version/Language/Value area the '1.7.0.68' version says "English (United States)",where as the new patch '1.10.0.81' Version says "Russian".

Would i be right in saying in the Russian version you had to have the disk in to play game,and if not,it could also be looking for the Russian disk when asking you to put in the disk that came with the game and not finding it as we are using the 'English (United States)' version.

Would explain why it works for some and not others wouldnt it!

Let me know please if this is the problem or not guys,cheers.

Sneaksie
09-08-2008, 06:31 AM
No, in Russian version you had not to have the disk in drive.
Many of those people who had problems with Kalypso patch installed it on GoGamer version of the game (which is not Kalypso and imported from South-East Asia and have a separate patch). We've tried the Kalypso patch with several ToW Kalypso DVDs we have and it worked. The only possibility left if some people still cannot play the Kalypso version with correct patch is that there is a different release with different disk parameters but we don't have any information about it.

Hertston
09-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Bah.... saw this and hoped a solution to the problem had emerged. Thanks for trying, Morgoth.

If it's any clue I had no troubles at all with my old (XP service pack 3) PC. My new one (32 bit Vista Home Premium) doesn't want to know.. the ol' 'insert correct disk' routine.

Sneaksie
09-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Hertston
I assume you've tried fix from this thread? http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2987
It was found that DVD check in initial patch won't work on Vista, but this fix was tested to fix it.