PDA

View Full Version : Battle Generator PROBLEM!!

Morty
09-02-2008, 12:44 AM
Error:

Culture name 'nb' is not supported.
Parameter name: name

http://i33.tinypic.com/f4qs8x.jpg

I bought this game from the Battlefront website, then installed the 'uber' patch and everything is working great, except the battle generator and mission editor give me this error message! I live in Europe. The map editor works though..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Morty
09-02-2008, 01:53 AM
I've recently checked the Editorlog, and this is what it says, don't know if it's relevant:

--------------------- Log started at 01.09.2008 22:11:07---------------------
Editor.exe Error: 0 : FindXmlElement: node not found [options]
Info: Category WW2Project was added to category
Info: Category Path was added to category WW2Project
Editor.exe Error: 0 : FindXmlElement: node not found [options]

etc. etc. etc..

Editor.exe Error: 0 : FindXmlElement: node not found [configSections]
Info: Category MissionEditor was added to category
Info: Category Drawing was added to category MissionEditor
Info: Category Highlight was added to category MissionEditor
Info: Category TriggerWindow was added to category MissionEditor
Info: Category CampaignEditor was added to category
Editor.exe Information: 0 : ***LoadMission start***
Editor.exe Warning: 0 : AnimatorFactory.CreateAnimator: Crew Animator load faild -> section [Animator] not present
Editor.exe Warning: 0 : AnimatorFactory.CreateAnimator: Crew Animator load faild -> section [Animator] not present

etc. etc. etc..

Editor.exe Error: 0 : ReadXmlDocument: file not found [C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Theatre of War\Missions\MP_LIST\MP_Mission1\ambient.xml]
Editor.exe Information: 0 : ***LoadMission end***
Editor.exe Information: 0 : Height Field Texture generation: 453ms
Editor.exe Information: 0 : ***LoadMission start***

etc. etc. etc..

Editor.exe Error: 0 : ReadXmlDocument: file not found [C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Theatre of War\Missions\MP_LIST\MP_Mission3\ambient.xml]
Editor.exe Information: 0 : ***LoadMission end***
--------------------- Log ended at 01.09.2008 22:46:09---------------------

Moobke
09-02-2008, 09:23 AM
These utilities do NOT work with Vista 64 bit version.

Morty
09-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks for your reply. As I said I have Windows XP SP1. Is it a problem with the .NET framework? Sigh..

Sneaksie
09-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Set your standard to English in Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Regional Options (English interface should kick in by default if there is no localization files for your language, but in certain configurations it fails to do so).

matabiko
10-29-2008, 02:58 PM
i cant create single mission... when i open battle generator & units its defined..
any solution how it works?...
im using wind XP using vista bricopack... is it becoz of using vista bricopack battle map cant support?...

Sneaksie
10-31-2008, 05:48 AM
What exactly happens when you launch Battle Generator? It runs and you can select the map, etc., or it dispays an error?

matabiko
10-31-2008, 08:46 PM
i cant add unit & artillery support.....
its says 'some units is not defined'...
same as artillery support 'some support is not defined'....
i select step by step 1st with choose map, then next page play area setting, 3rd date,time settings, 4rd i choose single player attack or defence till the end...
i don understand & confuse i cant even add choose units & artillery... :-(
pls advice.... thks

Sneaksie
11-01-2008, 09:26 AM
This message appears if you've added a new support, but not selected it from the list. In case of units be sure to set all fields of the unit - type, model, skill level and quantity. You must set at least 1 unit for enemy as well.
If it still doesn't work, please post a screenshot where it says that "... is not defined".

matabiko
11-04-2008, 06:03 AM
my apologize Sneaksie..
it takes me 2weeks to learn where the exact box that i can click & select units... now i got it!>..
wow!... very complicated battle generator.. unlike 'Squad Assault westfront' n some ppl say COH... but its ok... i learn something new now!... thks 4ur help n ur concern Sneaksie, i really appreciate.... now i can play my own single mission & i can edit units on my mission map... heheee! :-)

matabiko
11-04-2008, 06:11 AM
btw, can i ask u something Sneaksie?....
i face another problem but im not sure what is my comp fault....
when i play map in fiew units the movement is working good but when i play a big map battle or enemy units too many, the performance move so slow & hang!.. exp: the tanks move & stop & move again in between 2-3sec..even i rotate the cam move left or right also hang a fiew sec!...
can u tell me is it my ram or my video card?....
coz currently my video card is GF5200 & my ram i alrdy upgrade to 2GB... however the game required video card at least GF5700...
so what is wrong somewhere?....

Sneaksie
01-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Since you have 2Gb of RAM, i think that the bottleneck is graphics card or processor. Try to set a low graphics settings and look how it will change the performance of the game.

Heaven Net
07-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I wanted to show you the UI for the random battle generator (RBG). It is run as an application outside of the game proper. You have loads of control over the type battle which you wish to play.

Everything is point, click & drag, so it is very quick & easy.

You can change the map you wish to play on in the template drop down, a brief description of the area and an overview is then displayed for your edification. Novel to this RBG is the concept of a template. Essentially a template is a predefined map along with intelligent potential placement options for a multitudinous number of platoons of all unit types (armour, infantry, ATG, etc). These templates are then the source which is used to create the final random battle. Templates can be edited in the scenario editor so you can make them yourself. This allows the potential to create literally millions of unique battle configurations, but at the same type have them intelligently set up (eg ATG hiding in the tree line, infantry in foxholes, no tanks in the river, etc)
If you have PCOWS you will have the potential to play random battles on almost 30 different maps (summer and winter). However the game will probably only ship with a handful of random battle templates (maps), with the option to create your own or download them from the community.

Another nice feature of the RBG is the ability to generate reasonably intelligent battle orders de novo. Here is an example of the pre battle description which was auto generated on my last random battle ...