Turk
08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
This game was released , http://www.eurotrucksimulator.com/index.php

NotoriousTrucker
08-29-2008, 08:30 PM
what?

Whiskey
08-29-2008, 08:39 PM
A different developer, a different publisher...and the german version was released on August 6 hehe

Turk
08-30-2008, 12:00 AM
uheuhe , thats not bad game :) you sould play this game ,until rign roll release on :D

kosak
08-30-2008, 10:11 AM
horrible game

Pete379x
08-31-2008, 01:31 AM
horrible game

Thats what she said! :cool:

obsolum
08-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Yup, absolutely horrible. It's just the same as Haulin', nothing has changed in the physics or gameplay department. Only the vehicle models have been updated. I admit they look pretty good, but the handling of the trucks is just laughable.

And there's only 1 or 2 roads in every country, and only one city (the capitol). Not worth the money.

trucknisse
08-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes, its very realistic. Not.
Thats why we are all waiting for a much better game. Rig N Roll. Lets hope we can play it really soon.

I think they should let us play the beta, so that testing goes faster. :grin:

obsolum
09-01-2008, 05:04 PM
I think they should let us play the beta, so that testing goes faster. :grin:
There are game developers that work that way, but I'm not sure this would work for Rig N Roll. It could.

Live For Speed (http://www.lfs.net/) is an online racing simulator (not an arcade game like NFS or TDU or whatever, this takes skill to drive) that's been in development since 2002. It's being developed by a team of 3 guys, and only 1 of them does actual coding of the game. The other two manage the website, database, and graphic aspects. They work in the way you suggest, ie. people can buy the game as it is now, play it as much and as long as they want, and whenever there's a new patch or an update that fixes bugs or glitches, or adds new content like tracks and/or cars or new features, you just get it for free. Only a one-time payment. You can also download a free demo, which has 3 cars and 1 track. Note that the game is NOT finished, it's still in Alpha so it still has some bugs and glitches and there are still things that need to - and are going to be - added. But people can buy it if they want, and the developers earn a living that way.

Here's a video of LFS made by a user, with real game footage from races, so it's not an official trailer or anything.

Live For Speed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvj0iY1Zig)

It was first released in 2002 or 2003, back then I think there were only 2 or 3 cars and one track. They've come a very long way since then, and they'll go a lot further still, but it will take time.

So you see that developing a game with only a few people does take a lot of time, as in years and years. But you either decide to keep it secret until the bloody thing is finished and you're ready to release it, or you release demos or beta versions that people can play and test. You don't announce that the game will be released this date or that date, and then postpone it again and again for years on end.

Stoned_Trucker
09-24-2008, 03:15 AM
I've played this game. It's has it's pro's and con's. If they used the game engine and some of the ideas like now missions and such in the 18 wheels of steel (which I bet the next one will use this setup) it would be a better game.

This game is impossible to drive the trucks with the keyboard unless you set the sensitivity to almost lowest settings due to the single axle the damn trucks can spin on a dime (well in a trucker style).

I like the style and some of the game play but it would work better as a USA style with the rigs of the US vs the Euro style. And wtf? I bitched at them for multiplayer over and over and they never do it. I guess driving in a virtual world of truckers wont happen anytime soon.

Whiskey
09-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Well, I thik that a driving game shouldn't be played without any analogic controller. You cant say that a game handless is bad if you have no Force Feedback.

I cant say that Flight Simulator is unrealistic if I dont play it with a proper joystick ;)

wheelking
09-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Well, I thik that a driving game shouldn't be played without any analogic controller. You cant say that a game handless is bad if you have no Force Feedback.

I cant say that Flight Simulator is unrealistic if I dont play it with a proper joystick ;)

X-Plane 9 is more more realstic than it :D But requires 70GB area

number9ark
11-14-2008, 11:59 AM
euro truck simulator is garbage and sabre isnt going to give you people any major updates for free , he sung the dam song about haulins free updates if sales was good . I think you truckpol tards need to wake up and get a life . Rig n roll and all their titles will always out class any garbage SCS & tardpol conns you idiots into buying .

digit
11-14-2008, 12:10 PM
euro truck simulator is garbage and sabre isnt going to give you people any major updates for free , he sung the dam song about haulins free updates if sales was good . I think you truckpol tards need to wake up and get a life . Rig n roll and all their titles will always out class any garbage SCS & tardpol conns you idiots into buying .

Although this may be true, at least sabre and his team have something to show for the last 7 years.

KENWORTH
11-15-2008, 09:04 PM
i cant even play the damn game

mbp
11-16-2008, 01:05 AM
Euro truck is just boring.

There is no point in that game. Only endless highways and Berlin with four streets. I can't even replace RnR until released. The controls are just impossible. You can't take a long curve at 40km/h.

And Haulin' is so old. I think there's such a great truck-game's public, don't you?

C'mon, Igor.

TurboTruckerDK
03-16-2010, 03:07 PM
:(Hello everyone, I have a problem to put things into Euro Truck Simolator, I'd like trucks, trailers, service stations, signs and fool around with money. Is there any. some will help me with this?
TurboTruckerDK