PDA

View Full Version : Few things to improve

Moobke
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM
It looks quite good but there is one thing bothering me.

I still haven't been able to get Theatre of War 1 working so why would i even bother buying the second one? If you would solve the "crash on load" problem and i actually can play the game then maybe i could be more excited about the second one.

I re-formatted my PC and the game is working perfectly now... I LOVE it. There are a few things that could improve though.

1. Some sound effects should be improved: guns fired, shell impacts, explosions, ...

2. When selecting 2 or more units, you can move / attack order them by right clicking but you can also keep your right mouse button pressed and select the way they should face. You should make this available when having 1 unit selected. Now i have to move them and then select the rotate function.

That's all i can think of for now...

Ventura
10-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Having been a die-hard fan of the Combat Mission series since it first came out, I purchased this (retail) as per Battlefronts reputation.

It has incredible potential but, somehow, the interface seems a bit 'clunky'.
The way that you could easily and quickly move to different parts of the map (in the CM series) by moving the mouse cursor on to different parts of the bezel/border is just one example.

Though I understand that most of the time, you are viewing/hearing from an altitude and distance, I still like to hear the 'fullness' of an 88mm cannon sound. (Sound FX in CM series was excellent)