PDA

View Full Version : Freight tycoon patch/update

tonikuu
08-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Is patch ready in 2-6 months?

Seich
09-06-2008, 07:16 PM
//Game released in 2006! And still no Vista support!? Shame on you, dear developers!

crazu4
09-09-2008, 12:19 AM
any idea about when it's going to be ready?

Nike-it
09-09-2008, 06:31 AM
any idea about when it's going to be ready?

The only thing I know, is that the patch is still in development. And I don't know the date of release:(

petsi
09-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Hello all,

just to let you know, I got freight tycoon working on vista 32bit with 4GB memory and ATI HD 4870 display adapter.

I have Intel E5420 processor which has four cores. I could not get freight tycoon running before I changed processor affinity. Game started loading, but never finished.

I had to change freight tycoon shortcut target from tycoon.exe to

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start /affinity 1 tycoon.exe

by doing this, freight tycoon is restricted to using just one processor/core.

Vista + Freight tycoon, no problems anymore! :)

Seich
09-10-2008, 05:11 PM

Strange, but this is not working for me.

PS: UnInstaller don't work on vista also :( It's a very pity.

petsi
09-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Strange, but this is not working for me.

Changing processor affinity does not work for you, or the command I gave does not work (ie wrong path)?

BTW. I have not installed freight tycoon in default path. In vista folders under "c:\program files" are protected. I suggest you try installing freight tycoon to different folder alltogether, for example c:\games\FreightTycoon.

tonikuu
09-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Hello all,

just to let you know, I got freight tycoon working on vista 32bit with 4GB memory and ATI HD 4870 display adapter.

I have Intel E5420 processor which has four cores. I could not get freight tycoon running before I changed processor affinity. Game started loading, but never finished.

I had to change freight tycoon shortcut target from tycoon.exe to

by doing this, freight tycoon is restricted to using just one processor/core.

Vista + Freight tycoon, no problems anymore! :)

When i do this, i have error hundreds error messages, data/shader/ files can't be found. any ideas? :confused::confused::confused:

petsi
09-11-2008, 03:27 PM
When i do this, i have error hundreds error messages, data/shader/ files can't be found. any ideas? :confused::confused::confused:

Do the title movies play ok? How about the progress bar on the loading screen (with background picture of male & female working in office)? At which time you see these error messages?