PDA

View Full Version : Is Space Rangers 2 Expansion/Complete available in Singapore? *NEEDS HELP*

tAiLspo0n
08-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi, I'm a SR2 fanatic already and have bought the game for barely 2 weeks.

My Current Situation
-I Bought Space Rangers 2: Dominators From Singapore (PC CD-ROM) (2CDs)

The Problem
-I'm currently finding an updated patch, but none seem to be available at all.
-I've checked http://www.spacerangers2.com/ and under updates there's nothing.
-I've Dug out many different forums but There's No Information found regarding it to be available in Singapore
(Or Even Asia, Not That I could Find Any)

After probing into the matter i realized there's
-Space Rangers 2: Reboot
-Space Rangers 2: Complete

But all the Products Mentioned are available In North America, America And of course Russia. (After tedious checking through many SR2 Fans Forum)

My Question Is For the SR2 Fans and fanatics in Asia As Well As in Singapore. Do we have any expansions or patches available?

If So, Is it in Dvd Or PC-CD ROM?

I'd Appreciate If any 1C Staffs Would Help Me Out Here.

tAiLspo0n
08-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Can some1 help me out here? All sincere suggestions or help are appreciated...

bman654
08-21-2008, 05:04 PM
The english SR2 was only ever patched to 1.3.

The Reboot expansion has all the patches up to 2.0 plus the new content. Currently it is only available via Impulse from Stardock in the USA.

I know 1c has said they will "soon" have the expansion available from their online store for other locations. If you visit the Elemental Games forums you'll find a post in the top thread on one of the last pages that tells you how you can trick Impulse into letting you buy from outside of the US. I have no idea if it works or not.

madmax17
08-23-2008, 10:08 AM
The english SR2 was only ever patched to 1.3.

The Reboot expansion has all the patches up to 2.0 plus the new content. Currently it is only available via Impulse from Stardock in the USA.

I know 1c has said they will "soon" have the expansion available from their online store for other locations. If you visit the Elemental Games forums you'll find a post in the top thread on one of the last pages that tells you how you can trick Impulse into letting you buy from outside of the US. I have no idea if it works or not.Didn't work for me, sure enough you can trick stardock because your IP is from the USA BUT then I have problems with paypal which has some serious protection schemes, when you log into paypal and you IP isn't from your own country you will have problems which I couldn't solve, kept asking me to change passwords. The other payment method didn't work either.

bman654
08-24-2008, 04:41 PM
I think you are supposed to stop using the proxy after tricking stardock but before logging into paypal.

madmax17
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks, that did it. Having some problems installing, maybe because I have sr:2 the boxed version not the impulse one, maybe I should remove starforce.

madmax17
08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Okay got it working, you need to copy two files from the cd 1captain.pkg and 1gov.pkg, seems these are low resolution files which I didn't install (choose not to install) so the expansion wouldn't start, works great so far even with my old save from sr:2.

bman654
08-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Make sure and download the modified exe created by Netriak. You can find it in these forums: http://tgnforums.stardock.com/forum/424

It fixes some pretty major bugs in the game that prevent some of the new features from working. Just replace your rangers.exe with the one you download.

tAiLspo0n
08-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks alot! Seems like alota effort gonna b put in just to work it. i'll give it some time b4 i try it, will tell u the results again :grin:

Kolorabi
08-27-2008, 02:29 PM
True, 1C doesn't make it easy for us to give them our money. :)