PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Igor Belago about Rig'n'Roll

Ubaku
08-19-2008, 10:29 PM
I just got a reply from Igor Belago to the email I have sent him. Don't be surprised that he replied so fast. You have to remember that I wrote to his personal work email. The reason he replies so fast, is because I never abuse this email and write to it very rarely. This was the condition that Jarek admin of Truckpol gave me when he gave me this email address.

Here is a translation of Igor Belago's email.

Good day Yevgeniy,

We don’t add any more news to the official site www.rignroll.com because there is nothing new to add. The game development really has ended, and now we are testing the game and correcting mistakes. This is a long and difficult process, because the game is huge and has many features.

I will give you only one example. The testing and correcting of mistakes of the trucks. In each truck, in the event of an accident or long use, there can be 80 different damages, many of which you will not see immediately but only after a few days of game time. These damages will affect many other things in the truck. Also each truck can have more than 100 different updates. And all these things must affect the behavior of the truck, they will have sounds, gauges will respond to them, and other various effects.

If you multiply all these things by the number of trucks in the game, you will have some idea of just how long and difficult the testing process is.

I can tell you that the game will be released in 2008, but I can’t give you the exact date.

Respectfully yours, Igor Belago

And here is the original in Russian, for those who can speak Russian.

Добрый день Евгений,

Собственно мы ничего и не пишем на сайте, потому что ничего нового в игре больше не добавляется. Pазработка действительно закончилась и ведется тестирование и исправление ошибок. Процесс это давольно трудный и длительный - так как игра очень большая и многогранная. Приведу только один пример - тестирование и отладка машин. В каждой машине в результате аварий и естественного износа может произойти до 80 различных повреждений, многие из которых проявят себя не мгновенно, а через несколько дней игрового времени, а большинство через некоторое время приведут к поломкам других узлов и агрегатов. Кроме того на машину может быть установлено более 100 различных апгрейдов. И все это должно быть отражено в поведении машины, изменениях звуков, показаниям датчиков приборной панели и появлению тех или иных спец. эффектов. Умножая все это на количество машин в игре получаем представление об объеме тестирования, количества возможных ошибок и времени на их исправление.

В 2008 году игра выйдет, но точной даты я назвать не могу.

С уважением
Игорь Белаго

digit
08-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Very interesting. It sounds like they have a lot of work to do and to get it release this year im not so sure! but Igor seems to think so.

ReDBu11
08-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Well i lost hope now... If they say it is 2008,then it will be 31 of December... :/

yesil
08-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I think the game will be Year 2009 issue september

for this year september game will not publish :-\

digit
08-20-2008, 01:30 PM
I think the game will be Year 2009 issue september

for this year september game will not publish :-\

Its October not september!

Freak Of Nature
08-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Looks like October isn't tha posible release after reading this, Anyway thanks for translation Ubaku

obsolum
08-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Yeah, thanks for that translation, and for sending that email in the first place. At least now we got some real news, which is a hundred times better than no news at all, even if it is not as positive as most of us would have hoped. I'm actually surprised that they really are in the final testing phase, and even more surprised that Igor still seems to believe that a 2008 release is possible.

We'll have to wait and see.

GinXeng
08-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, thanks for that translation, and for sending that email in the first place. At least now we got some real news, which is a hundred times better than no news at all, even if it is not as positive as most of us would have hoped. I'm actually surprised that they really are in the final testing phase, and even more surprised that Igor still seems to believe that a 2008 release is possible.

We'll have to wait and see.Igor will believe anything he wants, he believed the game would come out 2005/06/07. Its nice to know that they are testing the game but they could at least update is once in a while. Maybe a few screenshots, even is he only says "We are still testing the game" Would be nice, saying nothing to for months nows makes people wonder if they are still moving forward with this. Jon, next time you e-mail him, make sure you let him know to least inform us of some sort of progress, staying silent for months because they have nothing new to report is not really good sales tactics.

digit
08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Igor will believe anything he wants, he believed the game would come out 2005/06/07. Its nice to know that they are testing the game but they could at least update is once in a while. Maybe a few screenshots, even is he only says "We are still testing the game" Would be nice, saying nothing to for months nows makes people wonder if they are still moving forward with this. Jon, next time you e-mail him, make sure you let him know to least inform us of some sort of progress, staying silent for months because they have nothing new to report is not really good sales tactics.

Yer a few screen shots would be nice. Even if there still testing it, it is nice to see what there testing. We havent seen a lot of the game when you look over the screen shots we recieved. There's so many cities, we havent seen half of them yet. Yer its good to wait for the game and get a big suprise when you see it but 2000km is a lot to hide.

yesil
08-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Its October not september!

The game is in september in europe and in october issue we publish it in america.

Thank you for the translation Ubaku.

Ubaku
08-21-2008, 03:52 AM
If you guys ever need to contact me, email to johnukranian2@hotmail.com because I don't come to this forum much anymore.

The next time I will come here will be in October to check if there is any progress with Rig'n'Roll. See you later for now.

GinXeng
08-22-2008, 01:59 AM
I dont think thats a good idea john, you just opened the flood gates.

Ubaku
08-22-2008, 03:11 AM
I dont think thats a good idea john, you just opened the flood gates.

I can always block people if they bother me. ;-) But I doubt they will bother me.

movo.
08-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Great news, thanks guys. But I don't understand why they don't publish a demo (or a public beta test like Red Alert 3 beta). So everyone can test it and make some screens of bugs to help the devs, give them feedback etc. I think that would help them alot. ;)

Well, im still looking forward to this game, been waiting for a while. (2005) :roll:

Pete379x
08-24-2008, 06:43 PM
So he says 2008 which means probably not September or October neither November, December it will probably come lets hope so. I bet you anything it wont come in 2008.

Ron Falco
08-25-2008, 10:52 PM
well I for one have faith that they can get the final testing done by the release date. All it takes is some hard work and a lot of coffee. ;)

We'll just have to wait and see. At least we know now that they're working on it.

Whiskey
08-27-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm totally agree with Ron. They will finish the testing phase on the planed date. And if we suffer any delay, I belive it won't be bigger than 2 months

yesil
08-28-2008, 11:26 AM
It is still 2 months but the exact date has not yet been

ciypriyan
08-29-2008, 07:40 AM
i think this game will never release :(

movo.
09-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Guys, we need to be optimistic. I mean, the development is finished, they are only testing the whole game. It can't take much longer. ;)

grasshopper45
09-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Guys, we need to be optimistic. I mean, the development is finished, they are only testing the whole game. It can't take much longer. ;)
that's right they just wont to make shure the game has no big bab bugs in it so we will be satisfide when playing the game so lets wait and see what happens trust me these gus know what they are doing

movo.
09-07-2008, 04:53 PM
that's right they just wont to make shure the game has no big bab bugs in it so we will be satisfide when playing the game so lets wait and see what happens trust me these gus know what they are doing

Yeah and not like EA, rush to finish it and millions of patches afterwards. :)

grasshopper45
09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah and not like EA, rush to finish it and millions of patches afterwards. :)
yeah we just need to sit back and relax and be payshent if we wont to be satisfide with the game

digit
09-08-2008, 09:21 AM
yeah we just need to sit back and relax and be payshent if we wont to be satisfide with the game

Yes your right, but 6 years is long enough ;)

Ndru
09-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I am on the other hand ejnoying the Euro Truck Simulator. Still anticipating R'n'R though. Oh how I wish it was set in Europe

Ricardo
09-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey guys...But if they'll find some errors that means they will have to repair it and do the test again :( i HOPE that the game will be released in OCTOBER...because next month is november - the GTA4 for PC month

stupid Euro Truck Simulator doesn't work on my PC :D first i had deutch version, where i couldn't bind Axises and buttons on my steerwheel with pedals...Then i had english version, where the game is full of artifacts :grin:
i don't think, that my HD4850 is old to start this game :D

tried third time. Again artifacts...Then i've chagned in options Open GL to DirectX and everything is fine :D

Ubaku
10-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Good I see Anatoly reacted to my email. All of a sudden a moderator shows up, and my letter is stickied to the top of the forum. At least this will help the new people who don't know about this letter, which is the latest news we have about the game.

movo.
11-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Lets wait for letter #2 ;)

ReDBu11
11-16-2008, 11:19 AM
With bad news... :(

Ubaku
11-16-2008, 08:37 PM
I have already sent the letter to Igor Belago. Now we are just waiting for the reply.

Ubaku
11-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Guys just to inform you that I did already recieve the reply from Igor Belago this morning. I posted the reply on the Russian forums. You can read it here if you know Russian. http://forums.games.1c.ru/index.php?mid=2155332

I will translate it to English tommorow. Sorry I guess thats what happens when its a Russian game, people who know Russian get information first.

I wont answer any questions of whats in the reply right now, you will just have to read it yourself tommorow.

digit
11-17-2008, 08:35 PM
"Is still several months of hard work by developers and testers.
Ie the beginning of 2009."

Cheers for the letter Ubaku

lazuriturki
11-17-2008, 08:57 PM
The answer to a letter from Ubaku Igor Belago:
=======================================

Hello Eugene!

Thank you and all visitors Forum for the letter!

I'll try to answer your questions.

> First, please tell me what version of the game was
> Igromire 2008? This is the new version at present
> Day or so old Demo / Beta since last year?

Version, which you saw - is almost complete current version
game. In her to safety was only abridged number
truck and part game fich. Visitors can observe
in the version that virtually no gray buttons "and
fully open both regimes - the main game and a single order.

> We've noticed that pedestrians nebylo by Igormire Edition,
> They would be in the final version of the game?

Pedestrian removed from the version of the exhibition because of their lack of
otlazhennostyu.

> Will the traffic zaezzhat on filling and balloon flights (well
> Albeit at a filling), because in the video Igromira for refueling
> Was empty.

We have left the issue open with regard to some
instability algorithms (we have not been able to fully overcome
opportunities jams in complex travel trakstopov.

> Would have AI-nekonkurentov trailers?

Yes already have. Most likely to exhibit them has not been seen in connection with
reduced the number of trucks.

> You have already decided that 100% multiplayer will not ooze he
> There will be additional packages or even as it?

Yes, the final version of multiplayer games will not. In the future hope
add.

> In the version of the game at Igromire streets were a bit empty, in
> Final version of the game will be much AI cars, pedestrians,
> Life in general?

About pedestrians I said. The presence of traffic on the roads is determined
many factors. First and foremost is the installation user
(traffic and level of complexity). Then - The number of
bands and the quality of roads, then - time of day, and finally the current
place in the game events - such as in time of great
California primary race championship trail races cleared of
traffic.

> And now we have to ask about the most painful issue
> For all of us, you must crush us playing a little bit
> Understand, because we are waiting for so many years already.

First of all, Thank you very much for your patience on behalf of all participants
Project! I understand you perfectly, and believe we are even more
painful than it is for you. Unfortunately we can not go to
the new year. The game is still too many bugs and when
corrected for mistakes in the 50-70 day has ended. Now playing
mostly cleaned (I hope visitors to this Igromira
sure), and the remaining bugs are typically hide
"cryptic" in nature. They are often virtually impossible
to play and it is very difficult to catch. The number of errors in our database
melts, despite the massive manual and automatic
testing, but all our attempts to predict the rate of decay
have not yet led to reasonable results. If current pace
- Is still several months of hard work by developers and testers.
Ie the beginning of 2009.

In conclusion, I want to say thank you very much Igor from Malahovki and other
visitors to the exhibition, a long form videotchet about the game. If we
get permission from the authors, it always overlaid snippets of their
video on the site of the game.

Best regards
Igor Belago

yesil
11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks lazuriturki

2007 should be at the game to come out and say 2009 and now 2010, I think I'm old, it does not matter to me makes it so I think my son will play

mbp
11-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Mr. Belago and crew:

You must hurry, because your public feels sad. It's a loyal public to your product, but patience has limits. People will begin to exit this forum and download torrent when game released, only for angry. Don't let this happens. They don't want to. They want to buy your game, and have fun with your great work, unlike many other public. Appreciate this. I appreciate your nice words, there's a lot of unpolite people. But nice words work limited time. Give us something more. Update the web, edit a gameplay tutorial video HQ explaining features or driving tips... Compromise a month and do it, please.

Thank you.

Ubaku
11-18-2008, 02:15 AM
That translation is horrible, I will give you a better one tommorow.

digit
11-18-2008, 05:25 AM
They actually updated the RnR offical page
http://www.rignroll.com/index.php?type=new_id&publ_id=503
Nothing exciting though

bakingcookies
11-18-2008, 07:22 AM
lol, the letters are in english but the sentences make hardly any sense. Please don't translate if you're gonna do a shitty job, maybe you should leave that up to ubaku next time.

Bob
11-18-2008, 09:24 AM
At some point the releasing date was scheduled for Q3 2008, or so.
At that time I posted on this forum that I'm going to buy a PC which is going to be over the recommended settings of this game, just to experience it at full capacity. Now, I don't think it will be worth trying this game if it's going to be released (SOMETIME).
It's a real waste of time to have each day 5 minutes allocated to browse this forum or the official pages in order to see if the releasing date was finally posted and is 100% sure.
I can speak only for myself: I'm a fan of truck sims and when this project was made public, back in 2004, I "advertised" this game to all my friends. Now I realize I did a huge mistake, as IT'S NOT WORTH IT. I'm deeply sorry, but to hang up on this idea, for more than 4 years, that this game will be ever released, it's just too much. I'm always reading: " it's about to be", "hang on for few more month", "q4 2008", "just to get out", "just finished testing" a.s.o. Well, IT REALY SUCKS. And what's worst of it is that I never believed that I AM going to say it, knowing that I enjoyed and loved the idea of this project.
I've seen a lot of members and fans of this game shutting down their account on this forum. Never understood why till this day but now, I realize that they were right. Disappointed! TOTALLY!
One more thing (FOR DEVELOPERS OF THIS GAME ONLY): start developing games like Supaplex, Socoban or any other game playable on 286. Maybe you will be able to finish it in time, as it is clear that you won't be able to finish this one. You should consider this as an option, as your game is already outdated like the ones already mentioned.

Community members: you are great. Had a LOL with you, enjoyed being here. See you on other forums, where the games ARE RELEASED IN TIME.

Freak Of Nature
11-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Mr. Belago and crew:

You must hurry, because your public feels sad. It's a loyal public to your product, but patience has limits. People will begin to exit this forum and download torrent when game released, only for angry. Don't let this happens. They don't want to. They want to buy your game, and have fun with your great work, unlike many other public. Appreciate this. I appreciate your nice words, there's a lot of unpolite people. But nice words work limited time. Give us something more. Update the web, edit a gameplay tutorial video HQ explaining features or driving tips... Compromise a month and do it, please.

Thank you.
I agree with you, having some photos, news or videos, would much better than waiting without knowing how the testing is going? will they be able release the game in begining of 2009? will hey again change release date. Damn I wish they had released a Demo, so waiting wouldn't be so annoying...

movo.
11-18-2008, 05:56 PM
I agree with you, having some photos, news or videos, would much better than waiting without knowing how the testing is going? will they be able release the game in begining of 2009? will hey again change release date. Damn I wish they had released a Demo, so waiting wouldn't be so annoying...

I'm with you Freak. If there would be a demo, we could help them finding bugs etc. Bit of a beta-testing. :)

enso
11-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi everybody. I said that I would waıt untıl the replay of Ubaku's maıl and I see nothing has changed.We again dont know when the excat release date,we just know there are bugs EVERYWHERE... Many of my truck sim lover frıends ın thıs forum are expectıng. I have an answer to you. Stop dreaming. No one cares you,us, the customers.They say we have lot of thing to do,okey we can understand but why you say the relase date is 2007.2008,q1,q4 or some ıdıot dates.Why you play wıth our hopes and dreams.You the developers make the people use torrents or other ıllegal ways.I thınk you should have took our opınıons but no one cares. We now you have no rivals in your field and you dont care about us. You just say there are stıll problems,testıng.... Im tıred,many of my frıends ın thıs forum are tıred.(Actually I thınk they(developers) dont read thıs forum.Plase,PLEASE tell the truth,or give it up.These are my last word frıend,I wont wrıte agaın Untıl the responsıbles do theır dutıes,or not lıe to the their frıends.You can delete my membershıp,that wont be problem,but İn life I just belıeve one thıng,effectuate the promises....

Good By everybody,it was nice to talk you.

mbp
11-18-2008, 11:42 PM
I think they are getting some beers and playing the game to test it. It will be a hard time for at least....mmmm... three months. Or not. Or yes.

Then they'll reach a difficult point: getting the game into games shops. :shock:

It will take several months for calling the trucks, calling the shops, calling for more beers, closing the game box, re-studying the algorhtyms of multidimensional media digital databases and having a good fight, including smashing beers on each other's head, to discuss the game price.

When the boxes arrive at shops, it might be a bug: they will forget to put the DVD in, because of several database errors. The game will be delayed to 2009 q4, in order to find the DVDs and get some f*****g ice-cold beers.

obsolum
11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
That translation is horrible, I will give you a better one tommorow.
Have you translated it yet? That translation was absolutely horrible like you said, I didn't bother reading through it. Looking forward to yours :)

Ubaku
11-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry no time. I will do it this weekend.

Ubaku
11-23-2008, 04:02 AM
Here I translated it. Enjoy. ;-) http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5436