PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Console

Adlerangriff
08-18-2008, 02:31 PM
S!

From the 1C website:

"I’m sure many of you remember IL-2 on the PC and I’m also sure you remember how it quickly became one of the main contenders within the combat flight simulation category almost 7 years ago. Testament to this is how, even to this day, there is a strong community for its 64 man multiplayer capabilities online. Now 1C have decided to breathe life into the IL-2 name once again by bringing it to the masses in the form of Birds of Prey. "

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
II/JG3K.Brandle

bhunter2112
08-18-2008, 08:11 PM
yes..... it is a project that will divert more power away from SOW/BOB.

Feuerfalke
08-18-2008, 09:46 PM
yes..... it is a project that will divert more power away from SOW/BOB.

Stop spreading lies and start reading instead.

Birds of Prey is not even made by Oleg and his team. After that long, even you guys must have realized, that there is a difference between Oleg, Maddox Games, 1C and UBI.

Adler, there are 2 things important about this article.

1st: The parts in bold just states that IL2 has still many playing the game online with up to 64 players per server. Nothing new.

2nd: Breath life in IL-2 means, that the console game Birds of Prey is *based* on IL-2, but that rather refers to modells and objects. Most of the game is newly written. It has nothing to do with BoB or SoW, except that both games give you the chance to fly in the Battle of Britain and that both games are published by 1C. That's all.

ElAurens
08-18-2008, 10:23 PM
The only thing Oleg has supplied to the developers of Birds of Prey are flight models. That's it. No 3d models, no terrain models, no game engine.

Move along, nothing to see here.

BadAim
08-18-2008, 11:04 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!! er, sorry for shouting, I forgot my medication.

BOB is alive and well, BOP is irrelevant. Life goes on.