PDA

View Full Version : Star Wolves 2 (help with mission) *spoiler*

garm
08-17-2008, 02:26 PM
hello to you all.

I have chosen the pirates' side and everything (aside from the known bugs) was going well until I got a mail from Astra asking me to deliver the angorian artifact to the Bae Trade Station, however I can't get to the station because Ai's super chimaera (who obviously sent this false mail) is guarding it and as soon as she sees you, you get an ending cinematic, I have tried Stealth, long range radar to spot AI, fighting, exiting the system and travelling for a bit in hope I would receive a new mission/mail.

Can I succeed this mission or is it a true dead end (which I can hardly se why it would be one...) or maybe it is a bug...

Thank you for any comment.

Kzak
08-18-2008, 09:12 AM
What you're seeing is one of the endgame animations.

Which is curious, for it's possible to defeat Astra, I have done it by using fully upgraded fighters and all-elite pilots. But this is only possible if you don't move the mothership close, whichtriggers the animation and ends the game.

Even if you do manage to defeat Astra, however, the game ends - if you move close to the station with the mothership afterwards, SW2 simply crashes to desktop. Guess the designers didn't think the Super Chimera could be destroyed? :)

garm
08-18-2008, 10:08 AM
ok thank you for your post Kzak, I guess I will have to start over then :( .