PDA

View Full Version : Gamespy Preview

Imperial Dane
08-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Well gamespy offered up a small preview, and they seem to like it :)

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battle-lord/899111p1.html

So read it while we wait for the next tales of Endoria.

BurningCold
08-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Wow, that's an awesome sounding preview. The quotes below are some of the key parts I liked.

"The first thing we noticed was that it finally seemed to have a proper English translation"

"While the 3D terrain and monsters are rather abstracted and stylized, they're also very attractive, distinctive and well-animated. It's filled with all sorts of eye-pleasing details including ambient animations and spectacular graphic effect for combat and spells... this version is attractive and vibrant."

"We were pleased to note that the gameplay just feels right, particularly to someone who still remembers the original fondly. The RPG and strategy systems seem to mesh together well and provide the player with quite a number of deep and interesting strategic battles."

KingImp
08-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Yet another source that says September 23rd as the release date.

I really hope this is finally it. Only 5 weeks to go. :grin:

phoenixreborn
08-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Yet another source that says September 23rd as the release date.

I'm doubtful since the English language King's Bounty web site hasn't been updated in the faq section.

BurningCold
08-16-2008, 12:37 PM
You never know though, its close enough for a demo, that preview says everything is seemingly flawless and that the translation is finally great. So it cant be too much longer.

KingImp
08-16-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm doubtful since the English language King's Bounty web site hasn't been updated in the faq section.

Well, that's not saying much. They hardly update that site at all.

Daystar
08-16-2008, 06:54 PM
From the one screenshot they gave us the translation does look better.

BurningCold
08-16-2008, 08:43 PM
What King said is true, its gotten to the point where I barely pay any attention to the main site and just head straight for the forums.

As for the screenshot, yes it shows good english, but I would prefer something with more writing like one of the class descriptions during class selection. Otherwise we'll have to wait until the demo to get a good look at the translation.

Imperial Dane
08-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Honestly i must profess to not really looking at the site anymore as it doesn't get updated at all it would seem. I mean that poll has been there for ages.

BurningCold
08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
And the fact that the latest news is almost 4 months old... at least we know the demo is coming and soon enough the games convention.

Imperial Dane
08-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah... kinda makes the website redundant if they aren't going to update it :(

BurningCold
08-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Exactly what I was thinking.