PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the game?

Nike-it
08-11-2008, 08:03 AM
We are very interested in your opinion on our games and wish you tell us what you think about Theatre of War 2. What are you wating from this game? How do you like graphics, gameplay, sound, advantages, disadvantages and so on. Feel free to express your thoughts.

Moobke
08-17-2008, 10:34 AM
It looks quite good but there is one thing bothering me.

I still haven't been able to get Theatre of War 1 working so why would i even bother buying the second one? If you would solve the "crash on load" problem and i actually can play the game then maybe i could be more excited about the second one.

Moobke
08-30-2008, 12:24 PM
It looks quite good but there is one thing bothering me.

I still haven't been able to get Theatre of War 1 working so why would i even bother buying the second one? If you would solve the "crash on load" problem and i actually can play the game then maybe i could be more excited about the second one.

I got a few more suggestions.

1. Infantry fighting in close quarter combat are stupid, improve infantry AI.
2. Some kind of strategy map would be fantastic
3. There should be an advanced tutorial about unit statistics (especially tanks). Regarding armor, ammo types, ...

redbear
08-31-2008, 01:33 AM
well i am a big fan of the original TOW i haven't had any problem runnign the game, I see in the videos of TOW 2 that the infantry goes to ground when they are in danger one thing that is good also there will be hand to hand combat also good.

But something i don't like that much is the few missions this game seens to come with i think there will be expantion to the game i hope so

Any way keep the good work guys make this game good... ;)

Oh by the way i think you need to add a random battle generator for the game

Moobke
08-31-2008, 08:37 AM
well i am a big fan of the original TOW i haven't had any problem runnign the game, I see in the videos of TOW 2 that the infantry goes to ground when they are in danger one thing that is good also there will be hand to hand combat also good.

But something i don't like that much is the few missions this game seens to come with i think there will be expantion to the game i hope so

Any way keep the good work guys make this game good... ;)

Oh by the way i think you need to add a random battle generator for the game

I concur, some kind of battle generator would be cool. Where you can choose your map / let the game randomly make one. And then choose the units of your team and of the oposite team.

Bobb4
09-01-2008, 08:27 AM
A proper dynamic campaign would be nice.
Larger maps. The ability to fight over protracted periods over the same area. Dig your own trenches build defences. Not have them pre-scripted. The blitzkrieg series although not in the same league had this ability.
If I want to build tank traps etc, then let me.
Ps will the game be using the same engine or an off-shoot of the SOW engine?

Sneaksie
09-01-2008, 10:26 AM
You will be able to reposition existing tank traps and some fortifications to suit your needs. The engine of ToW2 is an upgaded ToW one, with huge modification in render (it now supports HDR, ambient occlusion and other modern fancy stuff) and other game systems.

Bobb4
09-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Sorry I posted before checking the demo movie.
It looks awesome.
Will the battle areas be bigger? And can the improved engine become later backwards compatable with th existing Theatre of war. :grin:

Morty
09-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Can't wait! Thanks for being an independant and small developer. The big american companies are devouring everything out there, we need more europeans working on games!

Sneaksie
09-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Will the battle areas be bigger? And can the improved engine become later backwards compatable with th existing Theatre of war. :grin:

Areas are of the same size (2x2km max), but their textures and rendering routine were changed dramatically. Using megatexture technology we are able to show much more detailed landscape texture with normal mapping.
We'll try to make possible loading of existing ToW resources to ToW2, but some of the data will need corrections first (for example, tanks now have visibility sectors for each crew member, while old ones have 360 degree view). I think authors of JSH mod will handle that, if importing of old resources will be unofficial feature (it's unclear at the moment).

Rama
09-15-2008, 11:58 AM
2x2 km is quite small for WWIIdesert warfare... in order to plan some tank tactical move (and minimal ones... not even talking strategical), 5x5 km would be a minimum.

Other than that, new graphics seems vastly improved and the impossibility to enter buildings was what refrained me to purchase ToW I... so I probably will buy the sequel (even with the small maps).

Haraldinho
10-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Hm. Dont know TOW 1. What is the game like compared to FOW, or for example Panzers, COH and very soon MOW?

Sneaksie
10-13-2008, 07:33 AM
ToW1, as well ToW2, has real wepon ranges and unit characteristics, this means it's gameplay is completely different to Panzers or COH which trade realism for action. ToW belongs to real-time wargames like Close Combat series and it's successors or real-time mode of CMSF, not the action RTS.
Try the demo to see whether you like this kind of game or not: http://games.on.net/file/15107/Theatre_of_War_Game_Demo_v1.10.0.81

Glabro
10-13-2008, 10:55 PM
It's important for me that the game's campaign either features a map or some other form of dynamism. A linear series of "you must kill every single enemy to proceed to the next fight" battles, like in TOW1, will not do it for me.

Strategy games are like that for me: the action is all good, but without a framework and meaning to the battles, they feel shallow and meaningless.

tritosine
10-18-2008, 01:01 AM
i remember somewhat that the original TOW used il2 engine to some degree, and we know il-2 has a nice online campaign mode with all the ground units. It would be incredible if TOW2 would support that (ofcourse using map editor is unavoidable , but still...).

Hypertonic
08-15-2009, 01:10 AM
My favourite feature is the CTD when I press Start Battle in the demo.

Nokturnal
08-15-2009, 02:34 AM
My favourite feature is the CTD when I press Start Battle in the demo.

So you gave up complaining about MoW because everyone pointed out how full of crap your comments were, now you try and taint the ToW name?

I've never had a CTD with either of the ToW games (and i know nobody who has). You are clearly just one of those sad individuals that goes from forum to forum trying to stir up shit by making up lies and acting all negative.

It's pathetic, grow up.

Hypertonic
08-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Correction: I have a life outside of this forum. It seems that your favourite game is Keyboard Commandos or maybe Fanboys: Forum Defense. Not my bag. I will endeavor to be more sensitive to the emotional needs of the nerd community in the future.

Nokturnal
08-16-2009, 02:56 AM
Ahh i see now, you are nothing but a troll.

It's quite clear as soon as you avoided actually arguing with me sensibly and went with the "you're a fanboy" approach.
I wish people on the internet would learn to debate things rather than just attempting to insult eachother.

But i appreciate the lack of swearing - Atleast you aren't under 15.

This won't get very far so i won't bother replying again.

kane1
08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Just got this game yesterday(just found out about it), not bad. Have to figure everything out. Looks great! More real, replay value for sure. Changing things in the game seems limited for now, but a least possible, definitely a keeper.

keas66
08-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Wow ! . I just picked up Tow2 and just doing the training scenarios was enough to get me hooked and quite excited . I love the interface and the depth . It reminds me of an updated version of HPS Simms "Tigers on the Prowl" which was a turn based tactical level system with incredible level of detail ( ammunition,ballistics,weather,armor penetration etc ) . Only thing I would say is the individual game package seems a little limited scope wise but I guess you can't hand over all of a WW2 simulation in one release these days . I will definitely be buying the expansion packs and have already back ordered Tow1 . One final comment - I love the detail in the the manual - but it really needs to be laid out better and made a little clearer . Other than that I give it a A+ - No memory or speed issues for me either but I have only played with the latest patch .

jardail
07-19-2010, 05:37 PM
So you gave up complaining about MoW because everyone pointed out how full of crap your comments were, now you try and taint the ToW name?

I've never had a CTD with either of the ToW games (and i know nobody who has). You are clearly just one of those sad individuals that goes from forum to forum trying to stir up shit by making up lies and acting all negative.

It's pathetic, grow up.

Well let me make this 2 people that has a CTD problem.

Here's the situation if anyone can advise me as to what might be going on.

1. I am a steam user, that is where I bought the game.

2. Anytime I try to run TOW2 desert or kursk, the game launcher tries to install dotnet framework 2.0. The problem is, I already have v2.0 and 3.0 as well. This isn't necessary, but still it keeps trying to install it.

3. I haven't been able to complete a campaign yet. It reaches a point about 3/4's of the way through the scenario and then the screen either locks up entirely or, it crashes to desktop.

Anyone else have this issue? Had this issue? If so and it's fixed, what did you do to square it away?

Redjac
07-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Pretty good. Reminds me of close combat but in 3D. I think bigger maps and weighted objective flags would be better to have as it would make the battle field flow more dynamic. As it is now, its either advance and see whats hidden by letting it fire first at a lone fella crawling crawling. Or defensive sitting and watch the battle unfold.