PDA

View Full Version : Airstrike

szebus
08-01-2008, 02:48 PM
In the previous releases there were some mod tentatives for playable airplanes, what about that ? Will you make ingame usable planes or at least some airstikes like I say in Codename: Panzers, Sudden Stike or Blitzkriege ?

DMS|Instinct
08-03-2008, 10:18 AM
This is currently not planned.

(UGF} Corporal Desola
08-04-2008, 07:38 AM
In FoW planes were flyable if they were made player flyable/controlable by the mapper assigning the plane to the player's/user's side, but all the default FoW maps/missions assigned the planes to an AI side, rendering them only AI controlable, I think you can use an airstrike on an player controlable plane because theres a crosshair when you do select an controlable plane. I know for a fact you can go into direct control mode on controlable planes, and I must say that for a un-produced feature, (a feature just put in there to allow some refined feature to work properly), the control mode on the planes is pretty good, even with the crane it's pretty good.

Though I was annoyed with the crane not being able to lower or unhook the load and pick up a new load with the crane, but FoW is definitly far more refined/produced than the average gamer realizes, only once playing with the GEM-Editor for FoW (FoWED) does one realize just how much stuff is usable, I mean Radio Beacons, Radio Beacons!, FoW defintly takes the cake for Most Hidden Features.

Question of the Post: Was FoW going to cover the Pacific Theater at one stage in it's production?

Because theres thinks in there like, jap000 and usmc_cap, I think I've seen an Arisaki rifle floating arround in the inventory/+weapon folder.

(Yes, I worked out that the PAK files are ZIP files on my own, the two 8-bit unsigned value which in ASCII equals 'PK' was a dead give-away. PK, Phil Kats an 1980s MIT-certified programer who invented the ZIP format, Phil unluckly died of problems related to his bad drinking habbit serveral years later and never got to see himself being dubed the 'Father of the ZIP file', PKZIP, the first program which opened ZIP files actuall stood for Phil Kats ZIP not PacKZIP as some have come to believe, ZIP comes from Phil's idea of zipping up data like you zip up your pants.)

DMS|Instinct
08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
We asked our players and community what they wished most, the results were, that a North Africa scenario is most wished for a singleplayer scenario, but Japan as a new nation for multiplayer.
Providing an excellent campaign in North Africa and Pacific wouldn't have been possible, so we had to decide this on a very early stage of development. However announcing the pacific scenario was an internal mistake and has nothing to do with cutting it out.

szebus
08-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Under airstrike I mean , if it is posible at some point to buy a plane (not controlable) in multiplayer or single player and point it to attak a position for some time (10 to 20 seconds). It should be a plane witch comes from out of the map, procedes with it's mission and if it is not destroyed exit the map without any player intervention. Oh and it's about plane, then for example the Germans should have a detachable 88 Gun. TNX.

(UGF} Corporal Desola
08-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Yeah, but I believe the US and British should have always been seperated in to different campaigns as the British Commandos and British Army is pretty different to the US Army Rangers and US Army.

You mean buy with 'game-points', yeah, I suppose that would be a pretty cool server option, but what about even having the ability to specify Unit Sets not on a global basis but on a per map, per mission basis, but this would probably require writing this in the engine not just some SDL hack.

szebus
08-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Then someone should do it :D and it will boost the game big time, i gues.

szebus
08-09-2008, 02:06 PM
And what about paratroopers spawning them anywhere on the map ? We could use the action points to spawn airbornes then a plaine apears from out of the map and gose where we pointed them and releases his precious cargo ;)) , but the oposite forces can destroi the plane with aa guns and 88'ts onroute :D ... to me it sounds good but I'ts about the dev team to know if it is implementable. TNX