PDA

View Full Version : Help an old IL2 Veteran

Wizbomb
12-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Hello all,

I played IL2 a long time ago and wanted to get back to it but as it seems my computers way past the game so i have to do all this modification to get it to run right and i would like some help

1. I got my resolution running on 1920x1200 so that's out of the way but i have an issue with my mouse, it sticks really bad in game, especially in the menu, its like the buttons have magnets on them and my mouse gets stuck to them and i have to pull and yank my mouse to get it out.....if i modify mouseuse in the ini to 1 insted of 2 the mouse acts like its not full screen and runs out of the game so i cant turn around or look properly and if i put the value of mouseuse to 3 the magnetism gets worse

2. is it possible to have a buddy as a gunner in my plane in multiplayer? i use Hyperlobby to run IL2 so im wondering if its possible

3. what is the the best i can make IL2 look without mods? my computer can handle anything you want to throw at it (a link to a list would suffice)

Specs:

Win7 64 bit
Intel core i7-2600k CPU
8 gigs ram
GeForce GTX 570

and i am running Il2 at the latest patch

Thanks for anyhelp, i havent ran into any post about the magnetism mouse so that's why im making this

jameson
12-22-2012, 04:25 PM
If you have installed IL2 in C:programs, this may explain the problem as W7 will not permit you to change anything once it is installed.
As you've been away I recommend reading the bible of IL2 here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/610610-A-Nugget-s-Guide-To-Getting-Off-The-Ground
It has a guide to installation in W7 and practically anything else you could possibly want to know. Good luck!

Wizbomb
12-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Is that why the mouse is acting weird? because im running on Win7? i will work on it and post an update

Wizbomb
12-22-2012, 06:52 PM
If you have installed IL2 in C:programs, this may explain the problem as W7 will not permit you to change anything once it is installed.
As you've been away I recommend reading the bible of IL2 here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/610610-A-Nugget-s-Guide-To-Getting-Off-The-Ground
It has a guide to installation in W7 and practically anything else you could possibly want to know. Good luck!

Fresh install with patches and the mouse is still REALLY messed up

jameson
12-22-2012, 08:07 PM
OK. I'll bite. Is the mouse functioning normally when the game isn't running? If so, unplug all other game controllers i.e. joystick, whatever. Start game, what does the mouse do now? My best guess is that you have the mouse competing with another controller. If the mouse behaves normally with the other game controllers unplugged you'll have a start point to find a solution.

Wizbomb
12-22-2012, 11:18 PM
OK. I'll bite. Is the mouse functioning normally when the game isn't running? If so, unplug all other game controllers i.e. joystick, whatever. Start game, what does the mouse do now? My best guess is that you have the mouse competing with another controller. If the mouse behaves normally with the other game controllers unplugged you'll have a start point to find a solution.

Still doesn't work with nothing plugged in and the mouse works perfectly fine otherwise, all-though its really new....let me try a really old one if that makes a difference

Wizbomb
12-22-2012, 11:23 PM
WOW that actually fixed it, i guess i will have to swap mouses when i play, i will miss my gaming mouse though ):

Thanks for your help, if it wasnt for you i wouldent have thought of the mouse thing so thank you

jameson
12-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Glad you have got it sorted. When this game came out I don't think gaming mice existed. There may be an option available to change the behaviour of the mouse if you've installed some software for it. Sounds like it thinks it should be the joystick? Apart from using a mouse in the menu and possibly with the in game map or to look around, they don't get a lot of use, so gaming mice are not really a lot of use in IL2. Happy flying and have a nice xmas.

Wizbomb
12-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Glad you have got it sorted. When this game came out I don't think gaming mice existed. There may be an option available to change the behaviour of the mouse if you've installed some software for it. Sounds like it thinks it should be the joystick? Apart from using a mouse in the menu and possibly with the in game map or to look around, they don't get a lot of use, so gaming mice are not really a lot of use in IL2. Happy flying and have a nice xmas.

Thanks alot, have a good one

Bearcat
12-24-2012, 11:40 PM
(cough cough) HSFX 6.0... (cough cough)

Monty_Thrud
12-26-2012, 10:07 AM
To answer #3...

http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?20935-Optimized-conf.ini-setting-for-IL2

Also recommend http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=355

Just saves going into root folder.

Monty_Thrud
01-01-2013, 10:05 PM
This also explains il2 setup which improves how the game looks...

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=228

But dont forget to reset your conf.ini resolution settings or it will default back to 800x600

If in doubt make a copy of conf.ini before adjusting.