PDA

View Full Version : FW-190A8 Handbook (English Translation)

c4nuck
12-15-2012, 04:09 AM
Here it is, Just as the title says. In .pdf format.

Hopefully this could possibly lead to the correct design changes needed.

TD you should check it out respectfully. Nothing but actual official Top Secret information at the time from the LW.

http://www.2shared.com/document/i6A-Pg2P/fw190a8.html

BTW click the second download link down. NOT THE FIRST

Stig1207
12-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks c4nuck, great find.

Still working my way through it, very interesting.

/Stig

c4nuck
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks c4nuck, great find.

Still working my way through it, very interesting.

/Stig

Glad you enjoy it! It literally has anything you could possibly imagine about the A8. Plane dimensions, how its suppose to be used, cockpit layouts and exactly what every knob and button does. Its amazing. Best one i've ever seen.

Hopefully this handbook can settle the question of how was the 190 used. As a vertical fighter, similar to the 109, or a turner like the more recent discussions have contradicted against.

I for one have seen the interviews where 190 pilots were saying things like "You could curve it". Which in my eyes I know exactly what that means, it was a turner. Not necessarily like a zero by any means, but it was meant to fight horizontally.

Think about it. If it was a vertical fighter, then the 109's would of been down low, or at least lower than the 190's, for the simple fact that they could power climb like no other if they needed to. Allowing the 190's so swoop down from above and regain their altitude after. Just something to think about. I don't know enough to say it was either way but I feel we should all keep an open mind.

Regards,
c4nucK