PDA

View Full Version : One more question. Can TD now start work on 'official' updating to CloD?

Mysticpuma
12-14-2012, 07:34 PM
As TD were allowed to work on 1946 and actually add updates that fixed and improved the sim, long after it was abandoned officially, I just wonder if TD may be allowed to add future patches to the now abandoned CloD?

I think it would be a great boost to see real issues fixed rather than superfluous ones that were tweaked for the 'final' patch of CloD.

I'm not expecting Dynamic weather, but there were many graphic issues, AI routines, radio commands , etc, etc that were left unfixed, that it would be a great fanfare to see TD given a chance to just fix what remains of the software even if they are not allowed to add any new aircraft or models to it?

Just fix the broken parts?

No harm in asking the question, cheers, MP

jameson
12-14-2012, 11:24 PM
It's almost certain that Clod will become a cult sim now, as depending on what Jason and co. come up with, it may be the ultimate flight sim for a while yet. I would not be surprised if some modders were not giving some thought to it's potential ongoing. If steam could be eliminated it would certainly be much more interesting from my point of view (ie I'd buy a copy!) and I suspect others. But I can't see 1c doing much to help as it wouldn't exactly be in their financial interest. We'll have to wait and see, but it would be interesting to see what the 'community' could do with it.

Bearcat
12-15-2012, 12:10 AM
It's almost certain that Clod will become a cult sim now, as depending on what Jason and co. come up with, it may be the ultimate flight sim for a while yet.

In order for it to be the "ultimate flight sim" wouldn't it have to actually be the ultimate flight sim?

It isn't.

IceFire
12-15-2012, 12:41 AM
In order for it to be the "ultimate flight sim" wouldn't it have to actually be the ultimate flight sim?

It isn't.

Agreed.

IL-2 1946 is currently, in my mind, the ultimate flight sim. It has the fidelity and it has the massive breadth too. DCS has it's moments of greatness in very tiny pockets but to be ultimate I feel like it has to have breadth as well as depth to it.

It'll be a while before the 777 product is able to provide that kind of experience.

jameson
12-15-2012, 03:22 AM
Agreed there aren't any P51's in it, surely the mark of a great sim :) Clod will be very niche (if it's escapes into the wild) but I suspect it will outlast BOS whatever.

IceFire
12-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Agreed there aren't any P51's in it, surely the mark of a great sim :) Clod will be very niche (if it's escapes into the wild) but I suspect it will outlast BOS whatever.

If the Battle of Stalingrad project grows into additional packages after release... we'll be asking "Cliffs of what?" before very long.

jameson
12-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Great Expectations for sure.

Bearcat
12-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Agreed.
IL-2 1946 is currently, in my mind, the ultimate flight sim. It has the fidelity and it has the massive breadth too. DCS has it's moments of greatness in very tiny pockets but to be ultimate I feel like it has to have breadth as well as depth to it.
It'll be a while before the 777 product is able to provide that kind of experience.

I could not agree more. I also think that regardless to what happens with any of the new offerings 46 will be around for a long time.

Blaf
12-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Bumping this. Would it be anyhow possible Daidalos Team takes care of further CloD updates? (of course if they are even willing to, since it would definitely be a challenge)

I may even start throwing money at my screen if it would help :)

SaQSoN
12-19-2012, 10:25 AM
No, DT can not. All rights to the CloD engine and source code belong to 1C and are not part of an agreement between them and DT. Therefore, DT does not have access to the development tools and source code of CloD.

And for obvious reason (not to create a competitor) 1C will not part this things with.

Besides of that, DT has no intention, ATM, to do any work over CloD, as far, as I am aware. This, however may change, if the source would become available, but then again, this hardly will happen ever (see above).

Blaf
12-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks. That makes sense, i had to ask however for the peace of my mind...

=FPS=Salsero
12-27-2012, 02:20 PM
1. If ClOD is now dead, maybe it will be possible to lift some limitations imposed on the Il-2 theaters? I mean, maybe we might have the proper Channel map? Possibly Rhine? Maybe North Atlantic - with MAC carriers?

2. If TD could reach an agreement with 1c to release Il-2 for Linux (using the simple sound engine and OpenGL) I will definitely buy the box.

12-27-2012, 07:29 PM
1. If ClOD is now dead, maybe it will be possible to lift some limitations imposed on the Il-2 theaters? I mean, maybe we might have the proper Channel map? Possibly Rhine? Maybe North Atlantic - with MAC carriers?

2. If TD could reach an agreement with 1c to release Il-2 for Linux (using the simple sound engine and OpenGL) I will definitely buy the box.

так может кто то просто спросит напрямую у лофта, на новом форуме, что он планирует для оригинального ила? он же сам писал (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=488132&postcount=20)...

sorry...:mrgreen: