PDA

View Full Version : Will SoW be presented at Leipzig Games Conference in August?

Mango
07-25-2008, 03:02 PM
If Storm of War is going to be released anytime around Q1 2009, this will surely be the event to make announcements or show off the great things to come. If August 24 comes and goes and there is still no news, then we probably still have at least a full year to go. :(

MysticPuma's video interview with Oleg was back in 2006, and even then you could see how excited Oleg and Ilya were about the new advances. Imagine how far they'll come two years later!

mondo
07-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Dunno, there is no list of developers or publishers going unless they themselves has made a press release. I'd be interested to see of the Birds of Prey team are going as well.

Not all publishers go to Leipzig though and just because one doesn't go doesn't mean there is a problem with the game or its not going to be released. It costs allot of money to get there, make a stand and take away developers and staff from there day jobs.

Its best to not read into these things too much.

AFJ_rsm
07-25-2008, 04:34 PM
how did it go back when the original IL2 was yet to be released?

Anyone remember?

Zorin
07-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I already posted in Oleg's room yesterday:

"Both 1C Publishing EU and Ubisoft will be at the Games Convention in Leipzig this august, so there might be hope to see something."

Read the forum before posting...

brando
07-25-2008, 04:48 PM
how did it go back when the original IL2 was yet to be released?

Anyone remember?

IIRC there was a demo released, closely followed by the original CD. At the time I was flying on-line Warbirds and it's little brother Dawn of Aces. That had laser machine guns and a ten foot wide collision bubble, even though it was good fun and had a good community. Suddenly people started talking about Sturmovik and the CD appeared - and most of our squad shifted over immediately. It was totally revolutionary in its day, even the diehard moaners were silenced for a while. :)

Maybe this is partly what Oleg is trying to achieve again; that shock of recognition of a flight-sim that is light years ahead of the opposition. I don't mind waiting for something so good.

B

Mango
07-25-2008, 05:34 PM
You make a good point, Brando. No need to panic if they decide not to take the time and money to put up a booth. Never-the-less, it doesn't cost anything to issue a press release on the heels of the Leipzig GC, while the excitement is still fresh. Anything we can sink our teeth into!

It's certainly not more frustrating than Akella's practice of setting a release date (PT Boats) and moving it every six months (I mean that literally), but by now even the most trivial tidbid of official information could give some of us hope of seeing this sim before we put out to pasture. ;)

proton45
07-25-2008, 06:38 PM
IIRC there was a demo released, closely followed by the original CD. At the time I was flying on-line Warbirds and it's little brother Dawn of Aces. That had laser machine guns and a ten foot wide collision bubble, even though it was good fun and had a good community. Suddenly people started talking about Sturmovik and the CD appeared - and most of our squad shifted over immediately. It was totally revolutionary in its day, even the diehard moaners were silenced for a while. :)

Maybe this is partly what Oleg is trying to achieve again; that shock of recognition of a flight-sim that is light years ahead of the opposition. I don't mind waiting for something so good.

B

+1

I remember those days well..."WarBirds", I had so much fun with that game (its hard to believe).

*Buzzsaw*
07-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Salute

I remember the first time I played the IL-2 demo, it was a revelation... :)

Up till then I had been flying ACES HIGH, RED BARON, EUROPEAN AIR WAR, WWII FIGHTERS, B-17 II, AND ROWAN'S BOB. But IL-2 just captured my imagination.

There was a mission in it, a P-39 had to take off in a thunderstorm, and attack a Ju-88 which was making a raid on its field.

The amazing combination of the weather, the state of the art graphics, and the flight model just blew me away.

I am expecting the same excitement when I first play STORM OF WAR, BATTLE OF BRITAIN.

SeBur
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Leipzig GC is a great event for gaming community.
OK... SoW is a not present this year, but i´m happy to meet 1C team.
We see at Halle5 D31, 22-24.08.08 :)
vJG71_SeBur
http://sebuga.de/forumpix.jpg