PDA

View Full Version : Full Interface Mod, the "kbgui"

jukeey
11-28-2012, 12:22 PM
I tryied some small old mods for interface, as "interface mod", "camera mod", "bigfont" mod; and not enough all of these, buggy, and incompatible with localizations and some game versions.

Now i expanded the interface elements, added additional informations, wrote new hints, built-in new fonts, etc. I dont tolerate cheat-like mods, and i did not changes the game rules, only improve the interface. A few weeks ago, i created a beta version, now this is the release.

Install: unzip anywhere, copy the "kbgui_xy" folder content (data, sessions) to game folder, where is forders with same name.

Im not compressed the files, because:
1: Location of "kfs" files works differently, depends version of games. This uncompressed folders work correctly with all known versions (original, gog, etc).
2: Maybe if i will make changes and/or add more features as patch, then no need upload/download the whole again, only the new files.

The mod files:

For Legend: 11540

For Crossworlds/Armored Princess: 11539

For Warriors of the North: 11538

Sounds for all 3 part: 11541

CHANGES:

Global
-Font size significantly increased
-Font type changed (calibri to verdana)
-Camera range and angle increased

Start
-Starting logo off
-New game window adjusted to big fonts

Mainpanel
-Extended gold indicator
-Add crystal indicator
-Add clock
-Adjusted for big fonts

Towns
-Items sorted
-Buttons renewed and rearranged
-Price indicators adjusted for big fonts

Merchants
-Buttons renewed and rearranged
-Price indicators adjusted for big fonts

Hero window
-Extended reward-tips (show all level requirements)
-Extended skill hints (show all level bonus and requirements)

Unit info and dialog
-Size double
-Abilities sorted
-Show resistances (only info, not work with reserved units)

Spellbook
-Extended spell-hints (show all level bonus and requirements)

Companions
-Levelup-panel size increased

Quest log
-Size increase for better appearance
-Show tasks in full height

Dialogs
-Size increase for better appearance

Arena
-Combat log adjut to left and background not transparent
-Show starting army (useful many situations)

SOLIDSOUNDS

-All spell volume decreased with 5 decibels
-Soothsayer swish volume decreased with 10 decibels (in wotn)
-Ice minion "zoo-sounds" replaced with icedragon sounds (in wotn)

jukeey
11-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Some comparable pictures/screenshots:

If anyone has comments, suggestions, or find bug, notify me.

MattCaspermeyer
11-29-2012, 02:18 AM
Looks like you got the resistance screen working!

Great job!

:-)

/C\/C\

jukeey
11-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Thx.

Yes, resist-indicator works finally, but not satisfying. I used the "gen_army_map" function, which run when mouse over unit on mainpanel (or hero), set global variables with correct values. But this not work with reserved units, not work in shops, not work in battlefields; so this way not practical for dlg_chesspiece, only info_chesspiece roughly.
On battlefields, AU.resistance(unit, index) method "unit" parameter is attacker or receiver, not a concrete unit, no way to use a concrete unit. "on_round_start" function run when first damage in round, not when round starting, great logic :D. Most of label-generating functions run when c code want it, labels not work anytime. Events, buttons still inaccessible, so unfortunately, full lua code (and probably c too) is a big stinking bullshit, serious mods can not be made with available tools and possibilities, only some superficial cosmetics :(

Maybe in the near future, i will refine this mod, write an installer (and perhaps a tweaker), But im waiting for an official wotn patch.

So this game
Story, texts, humor > 10*
Graphics, models, animations > 10*
Tactic, abilities, spells, items > 10*
Sounds, effects > 10*
Battle AI = 5
Buildings, map AI = missing
Code and editor ~ zero

MattCaspermeyer
12-01-2012, 06:55 PM
"on_round_start" function run when first damage in round, not when round starting, great logic :D.

This is not true - I use extensive functions in my H3B mod to change unit statistics on the first round, before combat has started, including resistances.

I'm not sure if the AU library is available here, but the Attack one is and so you can do everything with that library - see my "update_enemy_units_based_on_difficulty" and "apply_difficulty_bonuses" functions in my H3B mod to see how I manipulate the unit statistics (including resistances).

The function "on_round_start" begins at the beginning of each round and if you look at how I modded that function you'll see that I run quite a few things before discerning which round it is.

The function "apply_damage" is run whenever damage needs to be calculated (both for hints and actual damage) and so that one tends to use the AU library more extensively.

Let me know if you have any more questions...

/C\/C\

misterslack
01-03-2013, 02:21 AM
The field of view for this mod has too much fisheye on 1920x1080.

Wisler
06-06-2014, 07:42 PM
I noticed that speed and initiative no longer display in battles and alot of text in battle is overlapped.

Aleryn
07-08-2014, 07:32 AM
Thank you for the mod, its made the game much more comfortable to play with the larger text.

However, the text doesn't parse correctly in 16:9 resolutions such as 1280x720, 1360x768, 1920x1080. The spacing between the letters is inconsistent and results in it being unreadable.

I'm using the English version from Steam. The mod works correctly in 4:3 resolutions such as 1024x768, 1280x960, etc.

I doubt I'll get a reply as this is a 2+ year old thread, but thought I'd give it a shot.

draknan
08-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Great work.

poorrabbit
08-11-2014, 08:24 PM
This looks great, and may make it so I can actually play the games.

To bad the forums won't let me download it :(

aysling
01-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Any way to disable the camera part of this mod while keeping the rest of it? The camera makes me sick.

Other than that, awesome job!

Shadowcran
06-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Sorry for so late of a response, but I only got the game around August last year and only recently discovered this mod.

Thank you.

I'm legally blind and the fonts alone help me immensely, so Thank you once again.

bregalad
07-01-2015, 03:08 PM
A silly question but how do you install this mod?

wargamerjack
01-06-2016, 12:22 AM
thanks a lot for these great mods ..any chance for KB Dark Side