PDA

View Full Version : 1946 V4.11.1 Sound Mod Help please

Stevethebass
11-14-2012, 01:56 PM
I've recently, as in this week, come back to the Sim after a few years away, having played it since IL-2 Sturmovik V1.0 first came out. I did a fresh install of my IL-2 1946 disk, getting around the Windows 7 problem in the process. What I then did was patch it up to the current patch 4.11.1 What I would like to do is get the better in-game sounds, engines, guns, effects, etc. I've seen posts on various sound mods, but they seem to be for older versions of the sim. Is there a way of installing an up to date (as up to date as 1946 gets) sound/effects mod on the 4.11.1 version? If so which is the one to go for? I've heard some impressive engine and gun sounds on Youtube - and the Cliffs of Dover new sounds are great - my machine won't run CoD though, not man enough. But those sounds or close to it, is what I'm after. I'd appreciate any help you can give. Cheers!

Stevethebass
11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Ah just read another post on similar topic. HSFX 6 seems to be the one on the basis of compatability. Heard some sounds on Youtube, sounds good. :)

CWMV
11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Most now use Tiger33's sound mod. It's excellent.
But to get it in 4.11 you need to download HSFX6.That contains many many mods but allows for the installation of tigers sound mod (UV3).
Otherwise you have to wait.

Stevethebass
11-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the info. Downloading HSFX 6 now. Then I'll look for Tiger 33's sound mod. :)