PDA

View Full Version : 2008 IL2 Flight Sim Movie Competition: VOTING begins tonight!!!

DoolittleRaider
07-15-2008, 08:46 PM
2008 IL2 Movie Competition

Community voting on Movie Entries has begun as of 0001 hrs (12:01 AM) GMT tonight!!!!
The entered movies are viewable in Vimeo streaming format at the FSM Competition Website (http://flightsimmachinima.montydan.com/2008-competition) where links are also provided to download locations for the higher quality AVI/WMV versions.

Any individual can cast two votes, one for each of their two favorite movies. One could, of course, choose to cast only one vote if they so desire.

Individuals wishing to vote must first register at the UBI Movie-maker Forum http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=65710358.

The vote(s) must be sent by Private Message (PM) at the UBI Forum to the Competition Administrator (Doolittle81) in a single PM, whether one or two votes are cast.

Voting will be open until midnight GMT on 31 July 2008.

On 1 August 2008 the Administrator will post a Short List of the five movies which received the highest number of community votes.

From those Five Finalists, the Competition Judging Panel will then select the winning movie(s) which will be announced on Monday 4 August. The allocation of all Prizes, both tangible and intangible, will be announced at that same time.

This thread, or the Voting thread at the UBI Movie-maker Forum, may be used for open discussions of any/all of the movies by anyone wishing to do so...either before or after Voting.

Okay...get a bowl of popcorn, a beer or soft drink of your choice, and start watching and enjoying all the movies.

Don't forget to cast your vote(s) before Midnight GMT 31 July!!!

The final list of movie entries:

Alpine Rhapsody by Indy_13

Eagles by Jafa

Geist versus Blödman by Eaglerider

Knights of the Checkered Nose by GiapLev

Nachthexen by snatchio

On Deck by 4H Ccrashh

Scramble by Tchao

Shadow on the Sun by VR_NateDawg

Special Delivery by [RS]Lazarus

Sturmoviks over the Plains by Antonio Maraziti

Tempest Tank Attack by Biltongbru

The Brothers by CfcPorter

USL Online Battle by II/JG54_Wolki

Feuerfalke
07-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Awesome movies.

Incredible creative community.

~S!~ to all people, who made those movies.

proton45
07-16-2008, 12:29 AM
This is going to take a while (but it will be fun)...

Sim
07-16-2008, 01:35 AM
Could we vote here? I don't want to visit ubi-zoo...

DoolittleRaider
07-16-2008, 02:45 AM
Could we vote here? I don't want to visit ubi-zoo...

I am very sorry...but we would have no way of knowing if some people would be voting multiple times on several different forums/websites. That is unlikely, of course, but still possible. I, myself, and many others are registered and participating members at several IL2-related Flight Sim Forums.

The competition has been announced and advertised on at least four different sites/forums, including Official 1C, SimHQ, Simviation, UBI,...etc.

The single most active Forum in the all-encompassing IL2 "Community" which specifically addresses the hobby-niche of IL2 movie-making exclusively is the Movie-Makers Forum at UBI.

The only way to keep things organized and fair for this Movie Competition, One Person-One Vote, was to establish a single Forum/avenue for Voting.

I sincerely hope you and others will bite-the-bullet and register at UBI in order to Vote.

Your opinion(s) are valued.

F19_Klunk
07-22-2008, 05:24 AM
hrrm.. check calender in this forum as well mate, 1st of August is 10 days away and NOT this Friday ;)

DoolittleRaider
07-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks again...My Big Goof!

DoolittleRaider
07-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Reminder: Just ONE DAY remains to watch the 13 movie entries (none longer than 6 minutes) and cast your vote for the Best. VOTING closes tomorrow, Thursday, 31 July at Midnight GMT....7PM Eastern, 6PM Central, 5PM Mountain, 4PM Pacific...4AM (Friday) Moscow, 1AM(Friday) Germany

If watched back-to-back, only a single session this evening, of less than 1 1/2 hours, would be needed to see them all....and it would very probably be more enjoyable for a Flight Simmer than any Blockbuster/HollywoodVideo/Netflix rented DVD movie.