PDA

View Full Version : Simulated toe brakes

Bearcat
11-10-2012, 11:13 PM
In light of the fact that you can simulate toe brakes already by doing the following: Go to your IL2 folder and go to Users>Doe>Settings. When you open up the folder, scroll down to this section:

[HotKey move]
AXE_RX JoystickDevice1=trimelevator
AXE_RY JoystickDevice1=trimaileron
AXE_RZ JoystickDevice2=rudder
AXE_RZ JoystickDevice1=trimrudder
AXE_U JoystickDevice1=pitch
AXE_U JoystickDevice0=-radiator
AXE_Y JoystickDevice2=brakes
AXE_X JoystickDevice0=aileron
AXE_Y JoystickDevice0=elevator
AXE_Z JoystickDevice1=-power

Note the section highlighted in red. In your file that will either be AXE_X JoystickDevice2=brakes or AXE_X JoystickDevice2=brakes or whatever device your brakes are on your setup.. If the line in your file says X then copy that line and change the X to a Y if it says Y copy the line and change the Y to a X so that you will end up with something like this:

[HotKey move]
AXE_RX JoystickDevice1=trimelevator
AXE_RY JoystickDevice1=trimaileron
AXE_RZ JoystickDevice2=rudder
AXE_RZ JoystickDevice1=trimrudder
AXE_U JoystickDevice1=pitch
AXE_U JoystickDevice0=-radiator
AXE_X JoystickDevice2=brakes
AXE_Y JoystickDevice2=brakes
AXE_X JoystickDevice0=aileron
AXE_Y JoystickDevice0=elevator
AXE_Z JoystickDevice1=-power

Save that file. Then.. and this is important.. Change the properties on that file to read only.

The reason why you have to change that is because if you don't as soon as you launch the sim and go into the controls menu it will reset to the default the same as the screen resolution settings do in the config file if you open up il2 setup. When you go into the Hardware> inputs screen in the sim and look at the Axes you will notice that there will be two lines for brakes and you can adjust the sliders for each one accordingly. This can be done even in the stock IL2 with no mods at all.

Is there a way to just add it into the sim without having to go through all that? It seems like it would be pretty simple to do since it is so easy to do already. I am pretty sure that once 4.12 comes out the old glitch that makes the screen resolution settings revert to default if you open il2 setup will be fixed with the new FoV fixes. Also.. can we add a line in the config to set a default speed bar? Like.. Speedbar=0-4 or something like that? This way we won't have to scroll through the speed bar every time we boot up.

Krt_Bong
11-29-2012, 11:38 AM
+1, I can't get this to work for me but I would like to be able to use both pedals.

Bearcat
12-01-2012, 01:45 AM
+1, I can't get this to work for me but I would like to be able to use both pedals.

Are you using Win 7?

Krt_Bong
12-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Yes, I'm on Win7 the new line in the config stays but does not show in the list. I recall trying this before in XP with the same result.

P-38L
12-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Thank you very much.

I have been using only one break of my Saitek only. Now thanks to you I can use one or other.

Bearcat
12-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Yes, I'm on Win7 the new line in the config stays but does not show in the list. I recall trying this before in XP with the same result.

Uncheck Read Only on your settings file. Scroll all the way down. It won't appear right next to the other brakes command and it will say the exact same thing/ Like this. Remember that line is in the Users folder. On my PC it looks like this: C:\Games\Ubisoft\IL-2 46 HSFX 6.0\Users\XXX\settings file with X being the name of the user I don't use the Doe folder. NOT the conf folder.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr95/99th_Bearcat/Brakes.jpg

Krt_Bong
12-08-2012, 12:43 PM
LoL. I was in the right folder just the wrong copy, I have 2 installs. I was changing the settings in one and playing the other but it does work. Thanks