PDA

View Full Version : Ksaltotun's heart

marc
11-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Was I the only one who foolishly went to "free" the ghost in the castle catacombs right after getting the heart, before giving it to the prince? Wow, talk about unexpected. It's the little touches like this that make this game awesome, even with all the bugs. I went "Wait, WHAT? Oh crap!"

On another note, I'm almost done with Greenwort, and I haven't found the portal to Demonis yet. Does it only spawn when you give the heart to the prince or did I miss something obvious?

sethmage
11-04-2012, 02:08 AM
heart and the staff

Nevar
11-04-2012, 04:25 AM
And now I will be eternally curious as to what I just missed.

ckdamascus
11-08-2012, 02:00 AM
WOW, great find!

Zechnophobe
11-08-2012, 02:13 AM
WOW, great find!

I gave the heart, and was doing the combat that followed, but then decided I didn't feel like doing a big fight (I was sorta under level for it) and reloaded, and denied the ghost. I killed the ghost super easy after it attacked me. Did you get anything from killing the guy himself, other than XP and gold?

ckdamascus
11-08-2012, 02:45 AM
I gave the heart, and was doing the combat that followed, but then decided I didn't feel like doing a big fight (I was sorta under level for it) and reloaded, and denied the ghost. I killed the ghost super easy after it attacked me. Did you get anything from killing the guy himself, other than XP and gold?

I don't believe I did, besides a fair amount of XP.

Yeah, that fight was semi-hard. Even with my evil rune mage abuse (which I'm sure will get fixed), it was a little tricky.

namad
11-08-2012, 02:49 AM
speaking of options...

are there any staff of starlight options? I just fought the mage and got the staff and handed it straight to the prince, where there any other paths this could be done in?

bibense
11-15-2012, 06:07 PM
OK. Here's what I've done. I gave the heart to the ghost. Find the way myself out. Got out of the catacombs. Then read the thread. Turned back. Open the hidden stairs. Got the chests. But the entrance closed again. :eek: I can not go out. The only thing showing a hand is a portrait downstairs. But when u click it nothing happens.

Beware : Do not enter the catacombs twice.

gempepaine
11-15-2012, 06:24 PM
After reading your post i went there to test it. I came back from Riftlands,entered and left the catacombs for 6-7 times. The entrance it's still open.

Nirual
11-16-2012, 09:39 AM
On my second playthrough I went in there before getting the heart out of curiosity. Which kinda sucked because that way I got a quest that would fail if I gave the heart to Guilford right away... not that said quest offered any reward. Nor did the one about escaping the place.

Denying the ghost also fails the quest.

Xargon
11-16-2012, 09:44 AM
On my second playthrough I went in there before getting the heart out of curiosity. Which kinda sucked because that way I got a quest that would fail if I gave the heart to Guilford right away... not that said quest offered any reward. Nor did the one about escaping the place.

Denying the ghost also fails the quest.

So what's the problem? Why do you not just complete the ghost's quest?

Nirual
11-16-2012, 11:26 AM
So what's the problem? Why do you not just complete the ghost's quest?

Just my obession with not failing quests I guess.

Xargon
11-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Ok, maybe I misunderstood (and also did not pay attention at that part in the game). Does the quest you get from the ghost fail when you bring him the heart? I simply assumed it would be completed, albeit without a reward.

Nirual
11-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Ok, maybe I misunderstood (and also did not pay attention at that part in the game). Does the quest you get from the ghost fail when you bring him the heart? I simply assumed it would be completed, albeit without a reward.

It fails if you go to the ghost but refuse to give the heart (the easy ghost battle). If you give it to the ghost, it gets completed.