PDA

View Full Version : battle with rezo

myst
11-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Hello everyone,

I need a consult :) I am in the stage where the next step in the quest is talking with Rezo, which involves fighting an undead army (hard difficulty). Thing is, that that army seems totally untouchable for me (lvl 41 warrior, 22xxx leadership, almost 5kk gold so doing quite well killing stuff with no casualties so far), since there are 2 stacks of 9k+ skeleton archers, 230 necromancers and many other stacks that can basically kill half of each mine in 1 hit.

Should I be able to kill this army at this point or is it meant to be done on a higher level? Thing is, I have nowhere else to go, I can't see the islands in the south-west and marshlands are inaccessible as well. Underground in arcania is blocked, so yea- stuck.

regards,
Myst

johndoexxiv
11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
I am a mage on hard. I am stuck in the same situation as you, only slightly better.
2 stack of 7.5k archers, 17 bone dragons and 2400 ghost in 5 stack.

My armies are paladin, Vet Orc, Orc Commander, Demologist, and fairies. Cant find any rune mages = /
I kept the 2 stack of archers blinded. Ice storm, Stone Skins, Divine Armor, Mana spring, timeless the paladin. My buffed paladin stack have like 95% Phy resist (scale armor set), 85% cold resist, 60% poison resist. But by that time most of my army are already halved by those damn ghost and vampires.

I dont have revive spell. I have not idea how to get pass him.

This is the only time I have ever consider using trainers or chest in this game.

zjazd18
11-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm bored with my playthrough so provide save file and i will try to help you guys.

johndoexxiv
11-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Tell me about it if u managed.

zjazd18
11-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Tell me about it if u managed.
So i did quick test thinking this will be piss easy with your army and i must say this is ten times harder than my impossible run, i don't even remember reloading this battle. First of all your team composition is questionable, second of all your character is too focused on useless magic skills. I'll see what is there to change and report back, your level is fine at this point of the game.

ironballs
11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
I'd recommend to use some elite summon creatures.
chaos dragon especially - depending on your intellgance he should be able to survive 1-2 rounds - being summoned directly adajcent to the enemy (thus preventing archers to be able to shoot).

with that destracting the enemies, and making them all assembel closely together - you can use area spell to reduce their numbers greatly.

keep your troop on the defensive, aways from the enemy, use spells and rage powers and ranged attack as much as possible - take out their ranged units first.

also - at this point you should have several 'wanderer scrolls' - use them - they'll give you boost of power.

johndoexxiv
11-05-2012, 12:46 PM
So i did quick test thinking this will be piss easy with your army and i must say this is ten times harder than my impossible run, i don't even remember reloading this battle. First of all your team composition is questionable, second of all your character is too focused on useless magic skills. I'll see what is there to change and report back, your level is fine at this point of the game.

My army composition got the job done until now. I usually start my turn by using blind/shackle/target to CC the range enemy. Use Fairies to grant crits. Using precision if I don't need extra cc. Shoots with archers. Use Paladin to give the archers extra shots.

My elven archers are usually able to deliver 3 shots before them even have the chances to touch me. By this time I will just use my paladin to mop them up. I usually end up with no loss using this strategy.

Against army that cannot be killed by archery alone I will use scold and timeless on the Orcs. With my item set I am able to reach 85% phy resist with orc and 96% phy resist with paladin using stone armor buff. I will use Divine as well if needed. And of coz I will use target.

These strategies had been working wondrously until now.

johndoexxiv
11-05-2012, 12:52 PM
I'd recommend to use some elite summon creatures.
chaos dragon especially - depending on your intellgance he should be able to survive 1-2 rounds - being summoned directly adajcent to the enemy (thus preventing archers to be able to shoot).

with that destracting the enemies, and making them all assembel closely together - you can use area spell to reduce their numbers greatly.

keep your troop on the defensive, aways from the enemy, use spells and rage powers and ranged attack as much as possible - take out their ranged units first.

also - at this point you should have several 'wanderer scrolls' - use them - they'll give you boost of power.

I am afraid that will be of no use in this fight. Their skeleton archers can one shot phoenix with MELEE. In addition there are 5 stack of ghost awaiting to pummel my army. and vampire. and that necromancer stack.

And the bone dragon stack.

zjazd18
11-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Okay man so i did it. Here is save if u want and screenshot. Use Ray of Light as a weapon, this is important. Basicly i went and get royal thorns and rune mages. Round one cast stone skin and target on paladins, and burning rage spell on both archers, in my try they both got burned.
Ignore archers, they will die slowly and do no dmg to paladins. Rune mage phantom royal thorns, then u summon thorns from them. Round 2 i think i made phantoms of paladins, then slowed big packs of ghosts. Fight is pretty straight forward from here, u have lots of summons and control on the battlefield. Use Ressurection of summoned paladins to do dmg aswell as to resurect ur troops. Use lighting rage skill every round except for first one.

johndoexxiv
11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Have to use rune mage at the end = /
But then you did that I thought impossible. GG!

zjazd18
11-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Have to use rune mage at the end = /
But then you did that I thought impossible. GG!
You don't have to, ur rune mages are super weak coz u dont have spare runes in ur inventory. Replace with another unit that summon units, or split royal thorns in half.

Razorflame
11-05-2012, 06:06 PM
like zjad already said a QUESTIONABLE army selection:P

Aleksandar777
11-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Is it good to kill elves on Arlania before i free Rezo from the undead?
Because after that i cant attack them, and some of undead from the beach desapear

maybe its better to clean islad first and then rescue Rezo?

Zhuangzi
11-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Do everything you can do before Rezo, yes. This is probably the hardest fight in the game so you want to level up as much as possible.

Aleksandar777
11-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Do everything you can do before Rezo, yes. This is probably the hardest fight in the game so you want to level up as much as possible.

i beat him with no loss, i'm lvl 43, but then i saw that i cant attack elves so i must to kill them first cause i want to rise lvl as high as possible

ckdamascus
11-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah I'm slightly miffled that some random racial mobs will no longer fight you after being "friends". It is sort of nice, but now I am denied combat experience and a chance to raise my medals more.

Supposedly there is a spot where I can repeat a battle non-stop to get infinite xp. I think I saw the guy, but never triggered him.

Rezo's "attacker" (the undead knight?) was somewhat difficult but I used the overpowered rune mages so I won it somewhat easily after I hit a certain break point.

Mine didn't have 9000 skels though!
737 ghost, 379 vampires, 775 necromancers (this was the hard part), 4264 zombies, 2538 skels.