PDA

View Full Version : Ice Dragon Bug?

coRex
11-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi there!

Verlon Wasteland at the Dragon Castle:

Every time i would kill the Ice Dragon with a hit, the game crashes.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Zhuangzi
11-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Yep, same for me too...

Faivon
11-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Same here, I heard the new patch fix this but it requires you to start a new game. Is there any way to fix this particular bug? ... Without have to restart the whole game? :<

coRex
11-03-2012, 10:40 AM
i dont want to start a new game too... because i am lvl 37 at impossible...

:(

PS: does anybody know what you will get or can buy when you clear this dragon castle?

Faivon
11-03-2012, 10:47 AM
@coRex : Probably lets you recruit dragons :D

Also, I heard there are unofficial mods that fix this. I'm searching for that now in this forum. If anyone find that, let us know ;)

rodrigj
11-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Hello,

I had the same crash, so I modified the lua script to remove the animation at death of the stack of Ice dragon

I found the lua script here :

E:\Programs\SteamApps\common\King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\sessions\addon

the lua script generating the error for me is :

"unit_features_ondamage.lua" (edit with notedpad) in the "ses.kfs" (open with zip)

the line in error is the 390 : (activate status bar in notepad)

function features_ondamage_dragon_ice(wnm, ts, dead)
if dead then
local ahc = Attack.act_after_hit_cell(0)
local initsize = Attack.act_initsize(ahc)
local manaval, rageval = Game.CurLocRand(initsize, 5*initsize), 0
local dmgts = 1 + Game.Random(0, 10)/100
spawn_energetic_attack(ahc, dmgts, manaval, rageval)

if initsize == 1 then
Attack.log(dmgts, "add_blog_ice_dragon_death_1", "name"," "..blog_side_unit(0), "special", mana_count)
else
-- Attack.log(dmgts, "add_blog_ice_dragon_death_1", "name"," "..blog_side_unit(0), "special", mana_count)
end
end
return true
end

I just put the -- before the line, so it will be inactive in the lua script.

Works like a charm for me.

(sorry for my english)

Hope it can help.

(the file is 1.5mo compressed, so I prefer not join it)

JPR out!

Faivon
11-03-2012, 11:32 AM
@Rodrigj : That works for me too! Thank you very much, friend! Kudos to you~

Dragnipurake
11-03-2012, 02:29 PM
*Spoilerish*

I managed to get the Dragon's Castle to sell me stuff without a fight. When I interacted with it the Dragon mentioned that I was using the "old password - a bucket on the head", and went into a conversation about linguistics ... it even gave me a black dragon egg in the end.

I think this might be because I was using the 'Clay Bowl' (-5 Mana + 1 Intel) item in my head slot ... probably some sort of reference to KBTL

Feneant
11-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I couldn't find that file in the folder mentioned, even showing the hidden files. Could it be located somewhere else?

greggor
11-03-2012, 04:37 PM
You can also work around this by not killing the Ice Dragon last. Worked for me at least, killed it first and problem was solved.

Guess its the death animation thing that bugs the game out if it happens when the fight ends.

camelotcrusade
11-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Added to bugs thread.

Zechnophobe
11-03-2012, 07:21 PM
*Spoilerish*

I managed to get the Dragon's Castle to sell me stuff without a fight. When I interacted with it the Dragon mentioned that I was using the "old password - a bucket on the head", and went into a conversation about linguistics ... it even gave me a black dragon egg in the end.

I think this might be because I was using the 'Clay Bowl' (-5 Mana + 1 Intel) item in my head slot ... probably some sort of reference to KBTL

That's freaking awesome. KBTL, one of the first items you get is the clay bowl. I'm not sure why that would be a 'secret password' but...

Now it makes me wonder if other fights could be done different. Maybe if you equip the griffon portrait or banner, the one Royal griffon in Arlania won't attack you... Dang.

rodrigj
11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I couldn't find that file in the folder mentioned, even showing the hidden files. Could it be located somewhere else?

I suggest you to look in the KB directory and seach for the "ses.kfs" file : the script should be inside. I just use 7zip to read it, modify it and when I quit notepad, 7zip just let me update the library file.

Nice trick with the clay bowl, but by that time, all of them were dispel for me.

And the bug happens to me even if I kill the Ice Dragon first, or by indirect spell.

JPR out!

namad
11-03-2012, 10:30 PM
i dont want to start a new game too... because i am lvl 37 at impossible...

:(

PS: does anybody know what you will get or can buy when you clear this dragon castle?

I got 3ice dragons 6red dragons and a few cyclops for sale, as well as a couple items

it's probably random though? so it's probably just like 1or2 random dragons and 1or2 random items and 1or2 random level 5 units that may or may not be dragons?

Bhruic
11-04-2012, 12:09 AM

Yup, it's definitely the Clay Bowl, I gave it a try and it worked for me too.

Nice little Easter Egg of sorts. :)

edit: I've been trying really hard to get the Ice Dragon kill to trigger a crash, and I haven't been able to do it. Doesn't matter what order I kill them in or how I kill them (or so it seems). Anyone have a save with a specific move order to trigger the crash?

5gb1dvc
11-04-2012, 06:16 AM

"unit_features_ondamage.lua" (edit with notedpad) in the "ses.kfs" (open with zip)

Would you mind terribly to attach your modified "unit_features_ondamage.lua" file. I seemingly can't get it to work.

tia

rodrigj
11-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Would you mind terribly to attach your modified "unit_features_ondamage.lua" file. I seemingly can't get it to work.

tia

here it is!

@Bhruic

I think the error is related to the animation at the death of the Ice dragon : I have random crashes too in some area without doing anything apart moving...

(ATI graphic card + steam installation)

br

JPR out!

aristobal
11-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Now it makes me wonder if other fights could be done different. Maybe if you equip the griffon portrait or banner, the one Royal griffon in Arlania won't attack you... Dang.
Did anybody solve situation with mad griffin in Arlania? Is any way to avoid a battle with it? Thanks in advance.

5gb1dvc
11-05-2012, 12:27 PM
here it is!

thx mate, worked like a charm

Toxo
11-05-2012, 03:21 PM
here it is!

Thank you so much buddy, now I can continue my game! :D

ckdamascus
11-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks a lot for the patch!

PennyT18
11-09-2012, 02:46 AM
I tried the suggestion here but apparently didn't do something right. Had to leave two ice dragons on Iceland. Really hope they can fix this soon.

sethmage
11-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Did anybody played today after the recent steam update? In the description of the fixes is stated that the problem was addressed. Well…?

amokay
11-11-2012, 09:36 AM
ok so for me the fix works on some stacks of ice dragons but still crashes with others.It always works if there's only one stack of them but fails if there are more, in the same battle with two stacks of ice dragons it does not fail one both, one is always killable and one always crashes the game.

DeepSoul
12-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Hello,

I had the same crash, so I modified the lua script to remove the animation at death of the stack of Ice dragon

E:\Programs\SteamApps\common\King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\sessions\addon

(sorry for my english)

Hope it can help.

JPR out!

I also have the ice dragon bug but the script looks different for me and it's on line 296.

function features_ondamage_dragon_ice(wnm, ts, dead)
if dead then
local ahc = Attack.act_after_hit_cell(0)
local initsize = Attack.act_initsize(ahc)
local manaval, rageval = Game.CurLocRand(initsize, 5*initsize), 0
local dmgts = 1 + Game.Random(0, 10)/100
spawn_energetic_attack(ahc, dmgts, manaval, rageval)

if initsize == 1 then
Attack.log(dmgts, "add_blog_ice_dragon_death_1", "name"," "..blog_side_unit(0), "special", mana_count)
else
--Attack.log(dmgts, "add_blog_ice_dragon_death_2", "name"," "..blog_side_unit(0), "special", mana_count)
end
end
return true
end

jaden24
12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
This didn't work for me.

Thanks for sharing though.

siki187
12-24-2012, 04:13 PM
File works like a charm..thanks

xerxes
01-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Sigh. I have the problem with the ice dragon as well. At first I thought it wasn't a problem as I'd fought a few and no crashes. But now it crashes at a particular time. When the ice dragons burn at the beginning of their turn in a the artifact fight for the silver mana ring. I've tried all the above solutions in various combinations, but no luck :(

I tried commenting out both lines as well, but no luck. Any other way to debug this situation?

n1x0r
01-19-2013, 11:57 PM
I tried commenting out both lines as well, but no luck. Any other way to debug this situation?

Check out the Bug compilation thread, there's a different fix then the one suggested in this thread.
The one in this thread didn't work for me either

marko207
02-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Hello,

(sorry for my english)

Hope it can help.

JPR out!

Thank you for this :)