PDA

View Full Version : Update on Steam

Sneaksie
11-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Recently released King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North has been updated on Steam. The list of improvements and fixes includes:

• Odis Or and Undershore Brotherhood quests corrected*
• Quest-related (“Missing cabin boy”) army now doesn’t run away anymore*
• "Sense Weakness" skill routine fixed
• "Icy Rage" skill now applies critical chance to rage abilities
• Valkyrie level up interface improved
• Game freeze after sacrificing a second item to Gudrida fixed
• Hilda now adds a correct amount of leadership at any level*
• Regina now grants an attack bonus to level 5 creatures*
• "Greedy" achievement counter now displays the amount of gold earned correctly*
• "Magical Help" ability of Witchhunters now applies a random buff
• Calculation of travel time between islands corrected*
• Incorrect passages in Catacombs, Pirate dungeon and on the Riftlands, Tunsinn, Grotland, Island and Nordlig are now fixed
• Auto-battle now uses rage abilities
• Amount of honey in "Block of Honey" now won’t be reduced over time if the item is not equipped*
• "Shamanic Doll" item functioning corrected*
• "Telescopic Sight" item functioning corrected*
• "Last hero" spell corrected
• Rune Mages initiative corrected
• A number of texts clarified and corrected, including descriptions of Song of Ljusalfheim, skill "Transmutation", "Divine Hand", bonus items in Valhalla edition and more

* This change will be applied only after starting a new game because this data is stored in a save file.

ikbenrichard
11-02-2012, 11:23 AM
That sucks, now i can restart once more since the fixes are to big to ignore it.
O well nice to know that there is patch sooner then later.

hotfix666
11-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Recently released King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North has been updated on Steam. The list of improvements and fixes includes:

• Odis Or and Undershore Brotherhood quests corrected*
• Quest-related (“Missing cabin boy”) army now doesn’t run away anymore*
• "Sense Weakness" skill routine fixed
• "Icy Rage" skill now applies critical chance to rage abilities
• Valkyrie level up interface improved
• Game freeze after sacrificing a second item to Gudrida fixed
• Hilda now adds a correct amount of leadership at any level*
• Regina now grants an attack bonus to level 5 creatures*
• "Greedy" achievement counter now displays the amount of gold earned correctly*
• "Magical Help" ability of Witchhunters now applies a random buff
• Calculation of travel time between islands corrected*
• Incorrect passages in Catacombs, Pirate dungeon and on the Riftlands, Tunsinn, Grotland, Island and Nordlig are now fixed
• Amount of honey in "Block of Honey" now won’t be reduced over time if the item is not equipped*
• "Shamanic Doll" item functioning corrected*
• "Telescopic Sight" item functioning corrected*
• "Last hero" spell corrected
• Rune Mages initiative corrected
• A number of texts clarified and corrected, including descriptions of Song of Ljusalfheim, skill "Transmutation", "Divine Hand", bonus items in Valhalla edition and more

* This change will be applied only after starting a new game because this data is stored in a save file.

so great...better them take back game and start sell it when its finish!

hotfix666
11-02-2012, 12:16 PM
this dosent work for me... "Greedy" achievement counter now displays the amount of gold earned correctly*

I have restart steam etc :(

Bhruic
11-02-2012, 12:21 PM
It's one of the "This change will be applied only after starting a new game because this data is stored in a save file." So it won't apply to games in progress.

hotfix666
11-02-2012, 12:27 PM
It's one of the "This change will be applied only after starting a new game because this data is stored in a save file." So it won't apply to games in progress.

I have start new game etc and this game sux so much now and I never gonna buy 1 more game from this company!

Nevar
11-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I have start new game etc and this game sux so much now and I never gonna buy 1 more game from this company!

Dude, it's ONE game. KBtl, AP and CW all rocked. I wouldn't hate on the company for a few (well, okay a LOT of) screw-ups. It doesn't change the fact that the game is fun and I have 58 hours on WotN... Somehow O_O

hotfix666
11-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Dude, it's ONE game. KBtl, AP and CW all rocked. I wouldn't hate on the company for a few (well, okay a LOT of) screw-ups. It doesn't change the fact that the game is fun and I have 58 hours on WotN... Somehow O_O

Its strange when the another games not have so much bugs but this have and why I read bug is fixed when its not fixed? Them are really bad fix bugs :(

pr0
11-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks for fixing it but still arggh - restart really? The odds that the equipment drops will be anywhere near as good ...

Nevar
11-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Its strange when the another games not have so much bugs but this have and why I read bug is fixed when its not fixed? Them are really bad fix bugs :(

That's true, actually. It's why I can tell people who say this is just a copy-paste of the old games that it isn't- the old games didn't have these bugs.

Instead, it seems something went horribly wrong when this was being made. I dunno. Maybe the Katauri was attacked by Gremlins before release.

DGDobrev
11-02-2012, 03:13 PM
It is good to know that they are working on it. I guess if we're patient, the game will be much more playable in like a month or so. There are plenty of other stuff to waste some time with anyway :)

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I've updated the bug thread to the best of my ability to include fixes. If anyone finds things that are still listed which are fixed, please post in the bug thread and I'll updae the list.

I don't feel like starting over right now and they aren't very detailed on some of the fixes so your help is appreciated.

Also: Thanks for the patch. :)

Kyraj
11-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Is there no possibility to edit/fix the savegame in order for it to reflect the patch changes? It is completely ridiculous to abandon my game now because quests won't work later, I've worked a lot on the character.

Razorflame
11-02-2012, 04:20 PM
man most of these so called buf fixes were already fixed by modders lol

and they even did it way faster xD

oh well at least a patch showed up ty for that

Totoro
11-02-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm not that far in the game yet. Is it possible that these bugs don't apply to me? Or does every player have them?

Nevar
11-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I have decided to just let the game sit still for a while until most bugs have been fixed. I'll just go play Red Sands, as I've never tried that before.

I'm glad for the patch, but those asterisked ones are a little annoying.

T-zi
11-02-2012, 06:04 PM
I won't restart for those changes.

Dri
11-02-2012, 10:40 PM
So let me get this straight... I'm not even off the first island - will I have to restart to get these fixes even when I have yet to even encounter most of these issues?

Please say no.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 10:48 PM
So let me get this straight... I'm not even off the first island - will I have to restart to get these fixes even when I have yet to even encounter most of these issues?

Please say no.

That's a good question. Does anybody know if maps are spawned (correctly) the first time you access them, or does it happen when the game is created? If they are spawned upon access you should be okay for anything not on the first island.

Zechnophobe
11-02-2012, 11:21 PM
That's a good question. Does anybody know if maps are spawned (correctly) the first time you access them, or does it happen when the game is created? If they are spawned upon access you should be okay for anything not on the first island.

Most things are done at game start. This is what lets you use the save-game scanner!

Hmm, this should also mean there is a finite number of versions of the game, based on a seed. It'd be cool to be able to choose, and share game seeds.

PennyT18
11-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Well, crap. And I had just started over to catch some of the quests I'd missed the first time around.:(

Oh, well. It'll be worth it to take advantage of the patch. I guess.

keko4321
11-03-2012, 12:29 AM
i won't restart now ...
i'll finish first playthrough then i'll restart with new class :P

namad
11-03-2012, 12:49 AM
the old games actually had WORSE bugs... your save files could easily become corrupted but then you wouldn't find out for like 10hours and you'd have to reload an old save that was like days or weeks old... as all the newer ones would be utterly corrupted... it was horrible and they eventually released a uncorruptor of saves tool?

so yeah warriors of the north has a lot of typo grade bugs and a lot of abilities they dont' work right.... but the game is more playable than any of the previous ones!!

namad
11-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Most things are done at game start. This is what lets you use the save-game scanner!

Hmm, this should also mean there is a finite number of versions of the game, based on a seed. It'd be cool to be able to choose, and share game seeds.

the finite number is probably billions or trillions though

namad
11-03-2012, 01:03 AM
before this update was the travel time between islands too high?

because compared to my crossworld playthrough I've used twice as many days of time to reach a similar level with my hero... or was it too low and days are just supposed to go by faster in this game?

redfuryau
11-03-2012, 08:07 AM

This did not work for me in my current game (doesn't have an * next to it) so I'm wondering whether my game has successfully updated. I am wondering if someone has a simple way that you can tell if the update has worked or not ... since the patch doesn't seem to come with a build number, can someone please confirm the version/build number of the patched game? For reference, mine says Version 1.3.1 (build 6246.)

Once patched I'd like to start a new game to take advantage of the new stuff, but I'm relatively time-poor (job,family,kids,etc) so am apprehensive to restart unless I'm 100% sure I've got the latest version (note that for various reasons, I don't necessarily trust my steam client with this.)

Thanks

Nevar
11-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Regina is applying the bonus without restarting for me.

DGDobrev
11-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Some things are hard-coded, and some things are saved as the game is created. It is very hard to find a difference, or completely separate the two. Since KB is usually 90% created as the game starts (the other 10% are game mechanics) almost anything which is story-based and had a patch doing alterations on it would have been irrevocably changed.

camelotcrusade
11-03-2012, 06:00 PM
@anybody who restarted, let me know if autobattle is using rage abilities and if the maidens call of valhalla is working or not. Not sure how/if to list those bugs. thanks!

PennyT18
11-03-2012, 11:09 PM
I restarted and no, rage is still not triggering in auto combat. Now, this is only with the Olaf rage skill at the moment. I was waiting to say something if it still didn't work once I got my first Valkyrie.

camelotcrusade
11-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Okay, let me know. I'll update the bugs so they know Olaf won't use his personal rage skills.

PennyT18
11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
You got it.

PennyT18
11-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Rage skills are definitely not working on auto.

Zechnophobe
11-04-2012, 01:08 AM
This did not work for me in my current game (doesn't have an * next to it) so I'm wondering whether my game has successfully updated. I am wondering if someone has a simple way that you can tell if the update has worked or not ... since the patch doesn't seem to come with a build number, can someone please confirm the version/build number of the patched game? For reference, mine says Version 1.3.1 (build 6246.)

Once patched I'd like to start a new game to take advantage of the new stuff, but I'm relatively time-poor (job,family,kids,etc) so am apprehensive to restart unless I'm 100% sure I've got the latest version (note that for various reasons, I don't necessarily trust my steam client with this.)

Thanks

if your steam client is connected to the net you are patched automatically

ae_LON
11-04-2012, 01:50 PM
well i read the "ice dragon" bug was fixed but not for me. each time and it doesn't matter if i try to kill it first or save it for last and no matter which of the 3 i am trying to fight, the game crashes immediately. funny i read the greedy achievement won't unlock for games in progress cuz for me it did. i had enough of waiting so i activated the console by shift °, entered 9 mil, and got it. as for quest bugs i can live with a cpl of side quests remaining unsolved who cares. i cannot live with a quest bug that prevents me from finishing the game and i simply refuse starting a new game after 70 hours of gameplay and almost level 70. sorry, no. get it fixed i paid you, 1c. seriously, i am tired of badly tested games. you should not pay your beta testers cuz they've failed.

Bhruic
11-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Can you upload your game where killing the Ice Dragon is causing a crash? And preferably give me an attack order that guaruntees (at least on your end) the crash taking place? I've been unable to duplicate the crash locally.

ae_LON
11-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Can you upload your game where killing the Ice Dragon is causing a crash? And preferably give me an attack order that guaruntees (at least on your end) the crash taking place? I've been unable to duplicate the crash locally.

sure, but what exactly do you mean by uploading? what do you need? the crash report? that shouldn't be a problem.
oh i get it. well it really doesnt matter who of my army is trying to kill the ice dragon. i had the slingers and the soothsayers try it and as soon as i tried to click on the ice dragon it crashed. tried this about 10 times with different units, different kills, different kill order etc etc. it seems to be caused by the character ice dragon itself, right?

Bhruic
11-04-2012, 02:20 PM
No, the actual save files. Just zip up the specific save directory - you can find them at:
C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Warriors of the North\$save\addon

ae_LON
11-04-2012, 02:34 PM
No, the actual save files. Just zip up the specific save directory - you can find them at:
C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Warriors of the North\$save\addon

no problem, zipped my latest save but it doesn't show the option attach file in a private message, so where do you want me to send it to?

oh yea and it may not be a good timing but i already have all my valkyries on level 5 but only the last one is shown in the achievements list
at level 5. was this a bug fix?

Bhruic
11-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah, for some reason you're not allowed to attach files to PMs. You can just attach it to a post in this thread tho', and I can download it here.

ae_LON
11-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah, for some reason you're not allowed to attach files to PMs. You can just attach it to a post in this thread tho', and I can download it here.

doesnt work. i keep getting invalid file by the host. give me a break it only accepts zip files? i do not use that, i use rar and 7z. it won't accept files like that? well, sorry, i will live with the bugs until they're solved then. this is really arkward.

ae_LON
11-04-2012, 02:56 PM
doesnt work. i keep getting invalid file by the host. give me a break it only accepts zip files? i do not use that, i use rar and 7z. it won't accept files like that? well, sorry, i will live with the bugs until they're solved then. this is really arkward.

edit: ok i found a test version of win zip. find it attached. thx, man.

Bhruic
11-04-2012, 03:14 PM
You can make zip files with 7z as a fyi. ;)

Unfortunately I can't make the game crash with your save. I've tried various ways and times of killing the Ice Dragons and they properly die every time. Have you updated to the latest patch? Does it crash for you any time they die, or only under specific circumstances?

ae_LON
11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
You can make zip files with 7z as a fyi. ;)

Unfortunately I can't make the game crash with your save. I've tried various ways and times of killing the Ice Dragons and they properly die every time. Have you updated to the latest patch? Does it crash for you any time they die, or only under specific circumstances?

weird. they dont die cuz the second i click on the dragon it crashes. whats the reason for this then? thanks for the help anyways man.

camelotcrusade
11-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I am starting to think the animation crashes are tied to certain sets of videocard and driver versions. I haven't seen a crash with any of the animations so far (though I used to get them in KBAP with my old PC) and I have a Radeon Sapphire 7950 with latest drivers. What do you have ae_LON (and RCDOWN, if you're reading)?

ae_LON
11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
I am starting to think the animation crashes are tied to certain sets of videocard and driver versions. I haven't seen a crash with any of the animations so far (though I used to get them in KBAP with my old PC) and I have a Radeon Sapphire 7950 with latest drivers. What do you have ae_LON (and RCDOWN, if you're reading)?

AMD Radeon HD 7900, latest driver. Trust me I know it's not my graca. I have had random crashes because i play highest settings 1680 x 1150 but not repeatedly while repeating the very same action 10 times. I have changed the following .lua as described in some thread (here or some other forum, forgot): unit_features_ondamage.lua which also contains the specs for the ice dragon. Turns out the game does not crash anymore but due to the altered command line

-- Attack.log(dmgts, "add_blog_ice_dragon_death_2", "name"," "..blog_side_unit(0), "special", mana_count)

the quest does not count the dead ice dragons anymore. So I am basically
just as pucked as before. Thanks for your concerns.

edit: Very sure now that the specs in the .lua causes the crash because I have just changed it back to its original coding and it crashes
as soon as i try to kill the ice dragon. It takes a hit, loses some points but the final death blow causes the crash, tried different attacks.
I am no coding, modding pro, I'd really appreciate a pro to check this out and maybe advlse. I play on steam and the patches are executed
automatically. Thanks.

Handel
11-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Is the steam patch compatible with the unofficial bug fixes? Because I see stuff in the fix which is not fixed in the official patch.

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 07:28 PM
The Steam patch is the only thing compatible with the unofficial fixes (or, rather, the unofficial fixes are compatible with the Steam patch) - if you haven't got the Steam patch for some reason, trying to use the unofficial fixes will just result in more problems.

camelotcrusade
11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Is the steam patch compatible with the unofficial bug fixes? Because I see stuff in the fix which is not fixed in the official patch.

I think the important question is the other way around. The answer is yes, they are compatible. The whole point of the unofficial fixes is to repair stuff that isn't patched yet so we can enjoy it while we wait, and whenever the official patch corrects an issue we remove it from the fixes.

If you are having problems, I recommend deleting everything in your addon folder with a LUA extension. Then run the game to be sure it's patched. After that, you can put in any unofficial fixes that you want.

The way it works is the game looks in the addons folder for overrides. So we took a copy of a patched file that still has a problem and we fixed it. When you put it in your addon folder you are telling the game to use the fixed file instead. To revert, just delete the fixed file from in your addon folder.

Edit: If you can't use the steam patch for whatever reason, you cannot use the unofficial fixes. You'll have to roll back (delete them all) and see the bug fixes thread for manual instructions on how to implement what you want.

ae_LON
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I think the important question is the other way around. The answer is yes, they are compatible. The whole point of the unofficial fixes is to repair stuff that isn't patched yet so we can enjoy it while we wait, and whenever the official patch corrects an issue we remove it from the fixes.

If you are having problems, I recommend deleting everything in your addon folder with a LUA extension. Then run the game to be sure it's patched. After that, you can put in any unofficial fixes that you want.

The way it works is the game looks in the addons folder for overrides. So we took a copy of a patched file that still has a problem and we fixed it. When you put it in your addon folder you are telling the game to use the fixed file instead. To revert, just delete the fixed file from in your addon folder.

Edit: If you can't use the steam patch for whatever reason, you cannot use the unofficial fixes. You'll have to roll back (delete them all) and see the bug fixes thread for manual instructions on how to implement what you want.

I might be a little slow to catch on...Could I delete any .LUA file in the addon folder, run steam and it will renew them? The game won't be broken if i do that? e.g. get rid of my Ice dragon problem? I get really tired of it ya know cuz I started a new game and i am level 32 now and tried killing an ice dragon in the Vernon Wastelands and ...crash.

ae_LON
11-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Well, i deleted the whole file (ses.kfs), steam replaced it and the crash still occurs as soon as the ice dragon reveives the final blow. This sucks.

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Do you have any .lua files outside of the ses.kfs file?

ae_LON
11-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Do you have any .lua files outside of the ses.kfs file?

none. at least not in the addon folder. just .loc files.

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Well, as at least a temporary fix, you could follow the instructions listed in this post (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=476956&postcount=6), apparently it's been helpful for some people suffering from the bug. I just wish it was affecting everyone, it'd be easier to diagnose and fix.

ae_LON
11-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Well, as at least a temporary fix, you could follow the instructions listed in this post (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=476956&postcount=6), apparently it's been helpful for some people suffering from the bug. I just wish it was affecting everyone, it'd be easier to diagnose and fix.

thanks, man, I'll try that tomorrow and let ya know if it worked.

ae_LON
11-06-2012, 07:07 PM
meh, sorry, i already used that one. It's altering the line but that does help except for the quest when you have to kill 3 of them for the dwarven king. By altering the second line the quest does not count the kills anymore and therefore no game progress. Thanks, tho.

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Ok, I found out what the problem was (found a way to trigger it, not sure why it wasn't always triggering). Going to add it to the bugfix pack now.

ae_LON
11-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Ok, I found out what the problem was (found a way to trigger it, not sure why it wasn't always triggering). Going to add it to the bugfix pack now.

Funny, this helps but it only counts 2 of 3 killed but you still get a pop-up "You killed ALL ice dragons..." and the quest progresses. ;)
Well, thank you for your support and help, much appreciated!

ae_LON
11-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Little follow-up. Finished the game on impossible, didn't get the achievement on steam. I was wondering the whole time why none of the players who own this title on steam have accomplished this achievement. probably just like me, didn't get it. this game need some serious work. Really, why would I buy the next title expecting the same difficulties? If I was processing my work the developers did on this title I would have been fired ages ago.

Sneaksie
11-09-2012, 01:32 PM
A new update has been released on Steam. The list of improvements and fixes includes:

• Quests improved and clarified: Dead Men can't be Pirates!*, Heaven's Treasure, Heir to the Throne* and Wrath of the Greenskins
• Power of Light, Power of Night, Call of Nature, Last Hero and Calm Rage spells corrected
• Items Ray of Light, Shield of Rekross and Prince's Crown corrected*
• Hero Talents Shield of Rage and Diplomacy corrected; Edda talent now increases power of the Songs

Units
• Death of an Ice Dragon no longer hangs the game up
• Ice Dragon ability Creator, Rune Mage ability Runic Word, Ork Hunter ability Pet, Jotun ability Greed and Warrior Maiden ability Odin's Gift now work correctly
• Enemy units no longer return to their previous hexes and retailate after being attacked by Ice Dragon ability 'Cold Heaven'
• Scald song Paean now applies its effects correctly

Locations
• Riftlands, Dungeon of Governor's Castle*

Other fixes
• Experience for fight with Runorm on Galskap Mountain now allocated correctly in all cases*
• Rabid effect no longer cancels itself after being applied again
• Spells and rage abilities now inflict critical damage provided the hero have the corresponding abilities
• Crafting dialogs have been changed and should be clearer now
• Hilda's Arrows upgrade panel now features more reasonable amount of text
• Druid and Orc Hunter controlling abilities descriptions fixed

We would like to thank all the members of the game community for your invaluable help in finding and correcting bugs, especially Bhruic, camelotcrusade and Zechnophobe.

Colbert30
11-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Woot. Thank you!

blablared
11-09-2012, 04:13 PM
The update is not shown in the Steam update history ?
Since i downloaded the game today i would like to know, if in fact, the updates are in the game files before starting a game (different game build?).
Can anyone help with this ?
Thank you.

camelotcrusade
11-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Locations
• Riftlands, Dungeon of Governor's Castle*

Hooray, a patch! But what does this mean? Does it mean they are now accessible and they weren't before? I'm not sure what to note in the bugs thread. Thank you!

ikbenrichard
11-10-2012, 07:51 AM
it sucks hard that you need to restart everytime to make certain fixes available.
A BAD case of programming.

Avi
11-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Some things are fixed in a random generator that only starts each new game. It makes sense in a way that you can't cheat to reload mid-game to revisit certain shops to find the creature / spells you want.
For bugfixes mid-game it's a nightmare though.

trucane
11-10-2012, 11:16 AM
So can I finally start playing the game I bought almost a week ago or will I have to wait even longer before being able to play it without being forced to restart it as soon as a patch comes out?...

qwertyuiop2999
11-10-2012, 12:35 PM
The update is not shown in the Steam update history ?
Since i downloaded the game today i would like to know, if in fact, the updates are in the game files before starting a game (different game build?).
Can anyone help with this ?
Thank you.

See the modified date of ses.kfs (or loc_ses.kfs). If your Steam client always online, it automatically updates patch. Don't worry about that ;)

PennyT18
11-10-2012, 08:30 PM
And I can tell you that killing the ice dragons no longer crashes the game. YAY!!! I'll have to go back and get rid of the two I left behind now.

Stever717
11-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Going back to torchlight 2 till this bs is finally fixed :evil::evil:

Totoro
11-11-2012, 08:07 AM
I desire to get playing but I really don't want to restart because bugfixes don't apply to saved games. I just hope devs fix most bugs fast so I can start.

torquemada
11-11-2012, 03:14 PM
I didn't see anything downloaded when I started the game ...?

somnivore
11-11-2012, 04:12 PM
the finite number is probably billions or trillions though

Actually the number is quite possibly 4294967296 (2^32). Maybe a little less if the randomization is sufficiently limited as to generate exact duplicates with the same seed. If a single seed is used, then all aspects of the game are dependent on this single number, which is 32 bits wides, typically. If multiple seeds are used, then the number of combinations would be 2^(32*n), where n is the number of different seeds.

Nirual
11-16-2012, 08:52 AM
it sucks hard that you need to restart everytime to make certain fixes available.
A BAD case of programming.

More a bad case of not playtesting the game. Many of these issues would've been caught easily if they had any time to do so.

ckdamascus
11-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Can we seriously get some build numbers here? What's the latest build number? I just hear magical patches with incomplete listings with little detail, so I really don't know if I am on the latest one despite being on steam. Some things are fixed, some aren't, some were fixed by the community, some weren't. :)

Is this ver 1.31 build 6246? Thanks!

camelotcrusade
11-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Can we seriously get some build numbers here? What's the latest build number? I just hear magical patches with incomplete listings with little detail, so I really don't know if I am on the latest one despite being on steam. Some things are fixed, some aren't, some were fixed by the community, some weren't. :)

Is this ver 1.31 build 6246? Thanks!

That is an excellent idea. If we could get a build for Patch 1, Patch 2, etc. I will note that in the bugs thread as well.

Sneaksie
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
A new update (20/11) has been released on Steam. The list of improvements and fixes includes:

Quests:
• Fly the Banner*
• Heir to the Throne*
• Luckless Hunter*
• Bear Hunt*

Units:
• Drain talent (‘Book of Evil’s units of all levels).
• Paean talent (Skald).
• ‘Avenging Angel’ is added to Paean spells list of Skald.
• Necromancer does not possess ‘Immune to Mind spells’ ability any more.
• ‘Thread of Life’ damage, received by orcs from animal (or vice versa) is now displayed in log.
• Viking does not escape a trap when using ‘Shield Bash’. The same change is applied to similar talents.
• ‘Action Rage’ ability fully recharges a random orc stack with Adrenaline.
• ‘Onslaught’ ability’s distribution of Adrenaline is changed.

Spells:
Berserk, Blessing, Divine Armor, Hell's Breath, Sacrifice, Kamikaze, Pygmy, Corrosion, Ghost, Blade, Peacefulness, Fire Rain, Gift, Negation, Weakness, Dragon Slayer and Plague were corrected.

Items:
Living Shield is fixed.

Others:
• Rage abilities always add experience after Christa’s joining the Hero.
• ‘Hilda's Arrows’ ability is fixed.
• Valkyries titles are fixed.
• Scrolling items in backpack is fixed (location Castle).
• ‘Greedy’ achievement is fixed.
• Some descriptions were slightly changed.

Totoro
11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
awes0me

keep them coming

Ufozile
11-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Anyone else having problems with inventory after the patch? The "big view" will not scroll for me. Also, rage skills doesn't do any damage and pauses the battle afterwards.
Both of these happened with pre-patch saves after the patch.

trucane
11-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Some more lovely "Start a new game fixes". I feel dirty for having bought this bug filled game

torquemada
11-20-2012, 04:02 PM
I've restarted the game so often I've never been to Demonis. Why is the game logic kept in the save files anyway?

trucane
11-20-2012, 04:16 PM
I've restarted the game so often I've never been to Demonis. Why is the game logic kept in the save files anyway?

Dont know but either way I'm disgusted by this. I've already wasted so many hours into my game and as an completionist I have to complete all quests or lose the will to finish the game. Why is it that 1c loves to spit in my face like this? Do you hate customers who have bought several of yours games in the past? Never again....

camelotcrusade
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Anyone else having problems with inventory after the patch? The "big view" will not scroll for me. Also, rage skills doesn't do any damage and pauses the battle afterwards.
Both of these happened with pre-patch saves after the patch.

I also can't scroll my inventory anymore, which is a big usability problem. If anybody can confirm whether this happens on a new game, let us know. It will take a while to get enough junk that you have to scroll your inventory, though. Edit: It does work in the castle, as advertised. Just not in everywhere else. Edit 2: I can scroll it if I click into it and use the mouse wheel. The arrow to scroll it is greyed out, though.

My rage skills work, though I had a slowdown with Regina's messenger when fighting on a volanic-style map.

I was hoping the Book of Evil's "Drain" talent was fixed, but what actually happens for me is it has -100/0 charges and says it has the same effect it did before (can't test it though). Not only that, but why can't it just hurt the troop instead of devouring the whole thing? Is getting 2 more spells really worth destroying an entire stack? Needs redone, imo.

Bialy27
11-20-2012, 07:10 PM
I dont know if that problem was post here but i can't kill ice dragon. Game crash allways when i kill whole squad of them in every islands. No matter if i use the magic(trap) rage skills or my soliders

ckdamascus
11-20-2012, 07:59 PM
I dont know if that problem was post here but i can't kill ice dragon. Game crash allways when i kill whole squad of them in every islands. No matter if i use the magic(trap) rage skills or my soliders

Build 6246 seems to fix this. If not, don't forget to remove any user patches too. (I think this is Patch 2)

edit:
Great, build 6249 is out and supposedly now it requires yet another restart? This is getting out of hand. (I think this is Patch 3).

But what annoys me is that some of those "need to restart" quests have work arounds. I was able to complete the Cabin Boy Mission and a couple of other missions that supposedly needed a restart.

I was able to beat the Odin Banner Mission as well and I think the Bear Hunt one?

Was not able to beat Luckless Hunter though. Ugh.

Without the fine detail of what was fixed, it is hard to make that judgement call.

BenSt88
11-21-2012, 01:42 AM
The new patch appears to have broken things that weren't broken before. Check out the postings on the Steam forums for examples. They turned around and fixed something after today's patch, but it still has issues.

Also, I really, really, really don't want to start the game over from scratch just so I can finish some quests. Like a lot of people who play this kind of game, part of the fun is doing all the quests in the 1st place. I suspect "completionists" like myself are not in the minority, either.

ckdamascus
11-21-2012, 01:53 AM
The new patch appears to have broken things that weren't broken before. Check out the postings on the Steam forums for examples. They turned around and fixed something after today's patch, but it still has issues.

Also, I really, really, really don't want to start the game over from scratch just so I can finish some quests. Like a lot of people who play this kind of game, part of the fun is doing all the quests in the 1st place. I suspect "completionists" like myself are not in the minority, either.

Have you actually tested it though? I didn't have any problems with "rage" at all like the others.

I'm still considering to start over since I really like the Luckless Hunter mission. I should check what item it gives though hmmm.

edit: actually it only gives me a Yew Bow. That would have been useful for my Warrior build, but not for my Soothsayer build. Maybe I should continue my old saved game then! :)

OH god, the pygmy bug is insane. I didn't even see what was wrong with it to begin with. :(

Also, Avenging Angel is making it so ALL enemies only do 1 point of damage to me. Is this intended?

Puce Moose
11-21-2012, 02:20 AM
I also can't scroll my inventory anymore, which is a big usability problem. If anybody can confirm whether this happens on a new game, let us know. It will take a while to get enough junk that you have to scroll your inventory, though. Edit: It does work in the castle, as advertised. Just not in everywhere else.

This happened to me, although I found a workaround. If you collapse your inventory to one line with the button, it (at least for me) allows me to scroll to the end of the inventory. Changing your sorting method can ease the pain of trying to make it to the end of a huge inventory.

BenSt88
11-21-2012, 05:15 AM
I played the new build tonight, but want to keep comments over at the other sticky (bugs) thread so this thread doesn't become duplicative re bugs.

Totoro
11-21-2012, 01:31 PM
If you don't want to restart each time they apply a patch don't restart until they've had most bugs fixed.

There will be more bug fixes you can count on that.

hippo
11-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Wake me on Spring 2013 when all bugs will be fixed.

trucane
11-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Wake me on Spring 2013 when all bugs will be fixed.

And wake me when they wake you. First Kings bounty game I just quite in the middle because of all the ridiculous amount of bugs making it unenjoyable

torquemada
11-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Thankfully the replayability in KB is good

ikbenrichard
11-21-2012, 05:16 PM
must be me, but where do i see those changes? cant find those new ones anywhere on steam.

BenSt88
11-22-2012, 01:19 AM
must be me, but where do i see those changes? cant find those new ones anywhere on steam.

As long as you're connected to Steam, you'll have the latest build. When you start the game and get to the main screen, you can tell b/c it should be build 6249.

As for Announcements, they only refer to the 1st patch on Nov 2nd. But if you go to the Game Hub section, you will see the more recent patches noted.

ikbenrichard
11-22-2012, 07:02 AM
As long as you're connected to Steam, you'll have the latest build. When you start the game and get to the main screen, you can tell b/c it should be build 6249.

As for Announcements, they only refer to the 1st patch on Nov 2nd. But if you go to the Game Hub section, you will see the more recent patches noted.

A the game hub section, thnx !

Nirual
11-22-2012, 06:29 PM
From the Steam update:
Spells:
Berserk, Blessing, Divine Armor, Hell's Breath, Sacrifice, Kamikaze, Pygmy, Corrosion, Ghost Blade, Peacefulness, Fire Rain, Gift, Negation, Weakness, Dragon Slayer and Plague were corrected.

Did anyone notice anything wrong with those spells before the patch?

I only noticed any change at all in two cases:
-Sacrifice got a slight tooltip update, when you select the troop to reinforce it shows both the damage done to the victim and the troops added
-Pygmy, as others have noted, is now bugged and reduces health to 1.

Edit:
-think I figured out the change to Plague. Seems like it didn't spread to nearby units, at least not nearly as often as it does now.
-I recall something about Gift actually using a Defense rune instead of Luck, think that's the fix there. Could be something similar for Negation.

BB Shockwave
11-23-2012, 10:38 PM
And wake me when they wake you. First Kings bounty game I just quite in the middle because of all the ridiculous amount of bugs making it unenjoyable

Hear hear.

I did the same thing. And to be frank, the reason I am madder then usual is that this is NOT a new game. About 75% of it is the same, and it is the same engine, as the previous 3 games. There should NOT be this many bugs. Well, unless 1C fired all the previous game's programmers and replaced them with random people they hired on the street. Who knows... in Russia, anything can happen. Maybe they are paid in vodka?

ckdamascus
11-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Hear hear.

I did the same thing. And to be frank, the reason I am madder then usual is that this is NOT a new game. About 75% of it is the same, and it is the same engine, as the previous 3 games. There should NOT be this many bugs. Well, unless 1C fired all the previous game's programmers and replaced them with random people they hired on the street. Who knows... in Russia, anything can happen. Maybe they are paid in vodka?

My hypothesis, while the game is similar, they didn't use the same hardened code as Crossworlds.

They added a lot of new things but I guess their code was not that modular and it caused a lot of grief (e.g. cold damage type).

Old fixes were not retroactively applied due to the new direction for the game (notice, rune mages are completely revised, a lot of little differences that seem more retroactive, like archdemons going back to 666 etc).

They probably found the problems to most of the quest code, but it required them to go back a lot, so they ended up breaking stuff.

Just my hypothesis!

ckdamascus
11-27-2012, 01:31 AM
A new update (20/11) has been released on Steam. The list of improvements and fixes includes:

Quests:
• Fly the Banner*
• Heir to the Throne*
• Luckless Hunter*
• Bear Hunt*

Units:
• Drain talent (‘Book of Evil’s units of all levels).
• Paean talent (Skald).
• ‘Avenging Angel’ is added to Paean spells list of Skald.
• Necromancer does not possess ‘Immune to Mind spells’ ability any more.
• ‘Thread of Life’ damage, received by orcs from animal (or vice versa) is now displayed in log.
• Viking does not escape a trap when using ‘Shield Bash’. The same change is applied to similar talents.
• ‘Action Rage’ ability fully recharges a random orc stack with Adrenaline.
• ‘Onslaught’ ability’s distribution of Adrenaline is changed.

Spells:
Berserk, Blessing, Divine Armor, Hell's Breath, Sacrifice, Kamikaze, Pygmy, Corrosion, Ghost, Blade, Peacefulness, Fire Rain, Gift, Negation, Weakness, Dragon Slayer and Plague were corrected.

Items:
Living Shield is fixed.

Others:
• Rage abilities always add experience after Christa’s joining the Hero.
• ‘Hilda's Arrows’ ability is fixed.
• Valkyries titles are fixed.
• Scrolling items in backpack is fixed (location Castle).
• ‘Greedy’ achievement is fixed.
• Some descriptions were slightly changed.

Can we get this posted on the TOP, so everyone can see which patches fix what.

Also, I found out the hard way that apparently Start Game, Build 6246, Current Build 6429 results in FAILURE to complete the Heir to the Throne mission. Oddly enough whatever initial release build was + build 6426 allowed me to finish that mission.

:(

Sneaksie
12-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Dec 6 Update

Spells:

HP decrease from Pygmy spell fixed.
Damage from Avenging Angel spell fixed.
The amount of charges of -100/0 type fixed.
Precision spell now affects all shooting and throwing attacks (basic and talents).
Precision spell does not give any melee bonuses.
Sheep spell returns unit to the original form in case of a scripted death.
Runic Word spell visual effect fixed.
Chargers spell potential crash fixed.
Color highlighting effect of Timelessness, Negation, Gift spells in a log fixed.
Rune Chain spell hint fixed.
Justice spell now considers the upper adrenaline level correctly; you can see the change in number of runes a unit has in the battle log.
Freezing of Blizzard spell fixed.

Units:

Ice Spider cannot do a shooting attack if theres an enemy unit nearby.
Split talent takes into account Hypnosis spell that was cast at the original unit.
Parameters changed for the Book of Evil unit.
Cold resistance of Phoenix unit and its variants fixed.
Bug fixed with different length of the shown unit effect and time the bonuses/penalty that effect had.
The ignite probability of the Engineer unit (85% -> 15%) fixed.
A potential bug with spells that modify unit damage, in case of cast over the same but active spell fixed.
Displaying of the lowered damage at units under Magic Shield spell fixed.
Fixed a bug with Skald unit target selection for Paean and Evil Taunt talents.
Fixed variable probability of Burning post-effect for Engineer unit while attacking and counter attacking.
Fixed variable probability of Poisoning post-effect for Alchemist unit while attacking and counter attacking.

Altars:

Minimum amount of health for altars is fixed.
Zero amount of health for altars in early locations is fixed.

Quests:

Black spot: one of 4 endings didnt work correctly before.
Stop Guilford: sometimes it was impossible to kill 4 stacks of undead on the beach.*
Self-recording Apparatus: error with receiving runes twice is fixed.*
Dragon-informant: error fixed for the cases when there was a dragon in the army.*

Other:

Item corrected: Werewolf skin.
Issue with inventory scrolling in backpack is fixed.
Various mistakes in English texts are fixed.
Issue with the skill Persuasion for combination of Elves and Demons races is fixed.

Polish version:

Stub on the Save/load screen is fixed
UI for world map is fixed.

----

ivra
12-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Steam just updated my game to build 6250. Does anybody know what was fixed in this patch? Are there any patch notes?

haha :grin: Just as I posted this the patch notes appeared above my post. I guess I have gotten my answer...

ckdamascus
12-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Steam just updated my game to build 6250. Does anybody know what was fixed in this patch? Are there any patch notes?

haha :grin: Just as I posted this the patch notes appeared above my post. I guess I have gotten my answer...

I'm guessing this list is incomplete.... my guess was CORRECT!

Demon Rage ball generation is FIXED!

Semi-bad news, they added a new bug which breaks old saved games in Demonis. I suppose minor issue.

Nirual
12-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Good stuff all around as far as I can tell.

Hope they fixed the spellbook issue during the last battles aswell but I suppose a fresh game is the only way to tell for sure.

Totoro
12-06-2012, 01:57 PM
keep em coming

hippo
12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
So still 50 updates to come and we will be able to play...

ckdamascus
12-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Good stuff all around as far as I can tell.

Hope they fixed the spellbook issue during the last battles aswell but I suppose a fresh game is the only way to tell for sure.

I can test for this later today if you'd like.

While I agree we still need more fixes, what are the major ones that you guys are waiting on? I've beaten the game twice already. The quest bugs do not always occur and rarely for the critical path.

I've heard of the '4 undead not spawning' bug, but haven't experienced it once. Everything else is optional.

camelotcrusade
12-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Hooray! Guys, let me know what other fixes you uncover as you play, and of course any new bugs (knock on wood).

FAT_Gasher
12-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Awesome. Steam updated the game again. Dunno, if others got that bug, as well but whenever I load any saved game, my character is missing his horse and the camera doesn't follow him anymore. That way the game got unplayable for me. I'm not sure, if that happens to everyone because I am in that demon-world where it's also not possible to fly.
Maybe someone could tell me, if I'm the only one having this issue.

ckdamascus
12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Awesome. Steam updated the game again. Dunno, if others got that bug, as well but whenever I load any saved game, my character is missing his horse and the camera doesn't follow him anymore. That way the game got unplayable for me. I'm not sure, if that happens to everyone because I am in that demon-world where it's also not possible to fly.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=485750&postcount=861

[on this very page]
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=485749&postcount=103

FAT_Gasher
12-06-2012, 04:19 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=485750&postcount=861

[on this very page]
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=485749&postcount=103

thx. Solved the problem. As I played a lot in the demon-world and did not have older savegames (it's just too long ago that I played Gothic 3 :rolleyes:), I just walked to the border of the map, checked the automap and then continued moving blind with the arrow-keys to the teleporter. After switching there and back again, everything was fine again.
The reason why this happened, is also obvious: After the patch, the models were changed. You're on foot now.

Just for anyone having the same issue: Try to hit one of the teleporters and everything's fine again.

ckdamascus
12-06-2012, 04:22 PM
thx. Solved the problem. As I played a lot in the demon-world and did not have older savegames (it's just too long ago that I played Gothic 3 :rolleyes:), I just walked to the border of the map, checked the automap and then continued moving blind with the arrow-keys to the teleporter. After switching there and back again, everything was fine again.
The reason why this happened, is also obvious: After the patch, the models were changed. You're on foot now.

Just for anyone having the same issue: Try to hit one of the teleporters and everything's fine again.

Ah thanks for the workaround! Even after hitting a teleporter, it got stuck, but going blind with the automap is a great idea (plus using the arrow keys). Good find!

Other Guy
12-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Another fix for the Demonis/Hades/etc. issue I just did.

In Steam, go to Library
Right-click KBWOTN and go to Properties
Click Betas
Choose "previousbuild - Nov12 build"
Click Close
Launch the game. It should be build 6246 instead of 6250. You should be back on the horse with a working camera
Exit to the overworld. Save into a new slot. Exit the game.
Go back to Steam, Properties, Beta
Choose None, then Close
Launch the game, it should show the newer build
Load the save game and re-enter the underworld. The character should be on foot with a working camera

ratamiez
12-07-2012, 06:44 AM

Hi all,
exactly the same problem for me, unplayable

ckdamascus
12-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Hi all,
exactly the same problem for me, unplayable

Read post #111 (just 4 posts before yours).

Rhowen
12-09-2012, 09:50 AM
I really wanted to buy and play this game, but there are so many bugs that need to start a new game that I'm gonna wait for the critical ones to be fixed before I buy. x(

ckdamascus
12-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I really wanted to buy and play this game, but there are so many bugs that need to start a new game that I'm gonna wait for the critical ones to be fixed before I buy. x(

The current build is fairly stable. Most problems are
a) people seeing OPTIONAL quests still broken after the patch
b) people refusing to patch even though it will help the crashes/weird behavior.
c) the not so common demonis bug which has a workaround anyway.

Xev
12-12-2012, 11:24 AM
The current build is fairly stable.

I cannot see it like you. In my last game as soothsayer I lost all spells from spellbook and had to continue the game without any spells :evil:
Also the demon portal key quest was bugged and I couldn't revisit demonis.

No, I will wait with KB until a real major patch will be released. The actual state of the game is close to unplayable.

ckdamascus
12-12-2012, 12:05 PM
I cannot see it like you. In my last game as soothsayer I lost all spells from spellbook and had to continue the game without any spells :evil:
Also the demon portal key quest was bugged and I couldn't revisit demonis.

No, I will wait with KB until a real major patch will be released. The actual state of the game is close to unplayable.

Fair enough, but as work arounds

a) get another ally, you won't lose all spells. Also, to lose all spells, you are already at the final boss and can use a cheat code to recover (I'd prefer to just get another ally instead).

b) out of my three full playthroughs, did not run into that one. Sorry about that. That is pretty bad. :(

ikbenrichard
12-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Fair enough, but as work arounds

a) get another ally, you won't lose all spells. Also, to lose all spells, you are already at the final boss and can use a cheat code to recover (I'd prefer to just get another ally instead).

b) out of my three full playthroughs, did not run into that one. Sorry about that. That is pretty bad. :(

you did already 3 playthroughs?
can you tell which one was the hardest and the most easiest one?

Also, can you share me your opinion about which kings bounty is the best?
The original of crossworlds or... ?

for me warrior of the north is a big let down.
playing on impossible and playing mainly without losses at all.

ckdamascus
12-18-2012, 11:40 AM
you did already 3 playthroughs?
can you tell which one was the hardest and the most easiest one?

Also, can you share me your opinion about which kings bounty is the best?
The original of crossworlds or... ?

for me warrior of the north is a big let down.
playing on impossible and playing mainly without losses at all.

Well, technically I only beat it once. First run was with Viking using Rune Mage / Paladin / Horsemen. I threw in a few Rangers and Elves and almost got to 100% crit chance, but the broken Unicorn Quest made it so I couldn't get my 2nd Yew Bow. :(

My Soothsayer, I stopped short at the last island because I noticed a broken quest bug and it was already pretty easy at that point. I was using mostly level 5s with Ancient Phoenix being my primary damage / tank. Or, switching to Greasy Mist + Fire Rain to deal 20-30K damage PER HEX. :)

And I have slowed my 2nd Viking run considerably as well. Already killed Loki. Using mostly Demons as my damage dealer with very high critical hit. Infinite retaliation with nearly 100% critical chance speeds up battles a lot.

I've specificallly decided not to play the Skald because I find his unique abilities bring nothing special to the table. Resurrecting 90% of a single stack is terrible compared to 100% and while the songs are nifty, I think they only work for the first 2-3 rounds? The higher leadership is a pretty strong advantage though but nearly 100% crit seems to be ~ or better than high leadership advantage. I also typically have a surplus of mind runes anyway.

They all have their pros and cons. For true no loss, Viking has it very hard on the first island. You really need tons of luck. On my second Viking play through, I had to take losses on Uldar and Ahriman as I did not get lucky with Call of Nature like the first time. Soothsayer was pretty easy IF you can get Ancient Phoenix somewhat early on. (not to mention Level 3 Healing is an AWESOME nuke spell and works well with Level 5 units).

I never played The Legend. I really love Crossworlds with the Rune Mages that can resurrect Black Dragons. :)

There are things I do like about Warriors of the North. The mid-game is really flexible so I can build my "super army". I usually do playthroughs with general themes, and this time through my overpowered theme is using an unorthodox team

Archdemons, Bone Dragons (yup, you heard it. Bone dragons), Demonologists, Paladins, and Demons.

I like it. :)

Nirual
12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
I've specificallly decided not to play the Skald because I find his unique abilities bring nothing special to the table. Resurrecting 90% of a single stack is terrible compared to 100% and while the songs are nifty, I think they only work for the first 2-3 rounds?

3 at first with a medal that extends the effect to 6 turns. A lot of battles last shorter than 3 turns which makes it easy to earn the medal. Now I find most of the songs to be kinda meh due to downsides, but the anti-undead one is incredibly useful especially in the first part of the game where it gives you all the rage and mana you need in most fights. Its kinda like the Paladin talent that gives you rage and mana for hitting undead enemies, except you can switch it to other effects when you are fighting other enemies.

that being said, I've come to prefer the Soothsayer. though his unique talents are really nothing special, the rune improvement medal is easy to earn and very useful, and there are a lot of fun spells to play around with and two spells per turn gives me more opportunities to do so.

Totoro
01-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Holidays are over. When are new bug fixes coming?

I want to get playing but there's still too many bugs.

Sirron
01-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Not in Russia. Their Christmas is today.

torquemada
01-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Holidays are over. When are new bug fixes coming?

I want to get playing but there's still too many bugs.

It isn't really that bad now, you can play without worry

Totoro
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM
It isn't really that bad now, you can play without worryWhen I watch the bugs thread there still seems to be quite a lot bugs. I don't want to restart again when they fix those.

torquemada
01-08-2013, 10:19 PM
When I watch the bugs thread there still seems to be quite a lot bugs. I don't want to restart again when they fix those.

Most of those bugs are rather minor and you probably won't encounter most of them.

Savok
01-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Most of those bugs are rather minor and you probably won't encounter most of them.
Well there's still some broken achievements it seems which is downright annoying to some of us.

Rhowen
01-10-2013, 04:02 PM
So many days passed since the last update... did they stopped patching the game?

bacchus1974
01-11-2013, 09:15 AM
somebody know if a new patch go out???????????????

Totoro
01-11-2013, 11:43 AM
I was told it's still holidays in Russia (developers are Russian I assume)

trucane
01-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Still no new patches? Disgusting behavior coming from 1c. The game is still so awfully broken that it brings big shame to all of the previous Kings bounty games.

I so regret I bought this piece of shit but how could I know they decided to use a retarded dev team instead of the old one who knew what they were doing

Totoro
01-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Updates!

Youpiya
01-26-2013, 11:09 AM
You gave me false hope !! still no update on steam :(

bacchus1974
01-27-2013, 07:42 AM
no patch no patch

Rhowen
01-29-2013, 10:37 AM
ZZzZzzz

Sneaksie
01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
A new update (29/01) has been released. The list of improvements and fixes includes:

∙ Valkyries can allocate unit runes on their own
∙ Crafting using recipes now works differently*
∙ 'Morning mania' bug (game time reset upon arrival) fixed on Western and Eastern Freedom Islands*
∙ Bug that prevented player from accessing Guilford castle after battle with Eric fixed* (Workaround: leave Greenwort location and return to it)
∙ Absolute Rage, Rage Control and Sense Weakness bonuses now display correctly
∙ Hero skill Reserve now updates army after battle correctly
∙ Bug with Demon pentagram fixed
∙ Timelessness and Negation spells now display correctly in log
∙ Totem modifiers update correctly after their destruction
∙ Bug with arena pawns fixed (they can't damage themselves anymore)

Steam achievements
∙ Patron and Friend of the Pirates titles can be earned now*
∙ Ragnarok Messenger and Mad Courage achievements can be earned now

Texts
∙ Dialogs with vlkyries concerning the rune usage fixed
∙ Text bug fixed in the Talking Bear quest
∙ Polish: Ice Dragon skills description fixed
∙ Polish: Description of one of the heroes in Western Freedom Islands updated

Units
∙ Orc units health now depends on Adrenalin level correctly
∙ Soothsayers abilty Keeper of Knowledge now doesn't affect Soothsayers themselves
∙ Special Troll attack Pacify corrected
∙ Special Prc Hunter attack Net and its basic attack corrected

Items
∙ Mask of Youth and Chain of Chance properties corrected
∙ Silver Rapier and Ray of Light properties corrected*

Ufozile
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Great news! Guess I'll finally enjoy it enough to finish a character :)

Totoro
01-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Thank you so much for this

mkotul
01-29-2013, 04:32 PM
I think there problem with variables names in polish version.

For exaple in place where there should be my character name i've got:

{hero_name}

This problem's connected also with number of gold, mana, crystal etc...

fld88
01-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Did they also fix the reward in the Talking Bear quest :)

lukesc
01-30-2013, 05:57 AM
In a polish version I see variable names everywhere. For example: "hero_rage". I don't see my cash, my rage points, mana points and many many others.

bacchus1974
01-30-2013, 06:15 AM
where you download this new patch with steam?????

Ufozile
01-30-2013, 10:35 AM
where you download this new patch with steam?????

It should happen automatically. If not, right click on the game -> properties and activate automatick updates. Maybe you have to deactivate any beta patch programs too, but I'm not sure.

markusus
01-30-2013, 10:54 AM
In a polish version I see variable names everywhere. For example: "hero_rage". I don't see my cash, my rage points, mana points and many many others.

I agree
After new patch everywere thoose names - we dont see even our leadership - there should be value but we see leadership_value

very anoing and unplayable ;/

Xev
01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
After a long month without any bugfix we get a patch.
But whats within? Only small cosmetics.
Tons - and there are really tons - of bugs, heavy bugs are not solved.
Sorry, but this game ist at the end.
Why do we have such a crappy developer team for this Warriors of the North?
The elder KB parts had only a few small bugs.
This new developer team is not worth to pay their money.

ByeBye KB, Amazon review will follow now!

bacchus1974
01-31-2013, 02:48 PM
i have like version always 1.31 (6250)

it s normal and i have automatic in steam

Sirron
01-31-2013, 05:37 PM
i have like version always 1.31 (6250)

it s normal and i have automatic in steam

Same here, but I loaded an end game save and managed to get the Mad Courage, Professor and Ragnarok's Messenger achievements so I guess they didn't update the version and build numbers.

malcolmm
02-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I have been getting daily updates to WotN for the last few days.

It would be nice if they updated the version and/or build number so people can keep track of these changes. When I read a message about a new bug, I don't know which version the bug is for.

I'm still waiting for a version of the game that I feel confident in playing. I bought the game as a pre-release, it's been a long wait.

Sneaksie
02-08-2013, 08:30 AM
A hotfix has been applied to the game, it should fix the following issues:

- Monsters not reacting to Christa's Gift
- Freeze in a battle if a player hero has Concentration skill level 2 or higher
- Corpse disease spread in a wrong way
- Totem of Life did not function properly

Totoro
02-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Thank you for this update.... I was expecting a longer list though.

turnbuckle
02-08-2013, 03:36 PM
I just wish I could get a timetable on when I should start playing again. If we're going to get minor hotfixes for months that do little to cover the problems, I'm thinking sometime between July 2013 and August 2014.

Such a shame. I love this series, terribly disappointed with this particular game. I used to recommend the series to friends, but I told them all to stay away from this one. I hate to do that, but no way can I let them make the same mistake I did. Would gladly tell them things are better if they get to that point.

Mandea
02-11-2013, 06:13 AM
I have to hand it to them, it is a huge improvement compared to the first version. I played it in November and it was an atrocious experience. I started playing again a couples of days ago and it's way better. No more desktop crashes, no more huge bugs. Yes, there still are a few here amd there but for me they are not a game breaker anymore.

jake21
02-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Did they fix the paper bug with Doktor quest (you get the paper but the quest does not advance and Doktor will not accept) ?

Totoro
02-11-2013, 12:54 PM
You can check which bugs have been fixed on Bugs Thread.

wizardelo
02-14-2013, 07:15 AM
can anyone tell me what the latest steam build is ? i have build 6250 and Christa's Gift doesnt work, monsters ignore the gold pile :(

Totoro
02-18-2013, 03:49 PM
More updates please.

Helpa
02-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Why the latest steam updates were 0 size?

Totoro
02-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Why there has not been updates for two weeks? Still many bugs in the game.

B3T
02-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Updates please ! Still many BUGS in the game !:twisted:

BB Shockwave
03-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Frankly, ever since I started playing I fixed about 3 issues myself, in a few minutes, with basic modding knowledge (I am not a computer programmer - I'm a zoologist). I'm seriously wondering how people who are PAID to fix this game do a worse job then us fans, who do this for FREE.

....Maybe we should ask for some salary increase? :D

wizardelo
03-20-2013, 02:25 PM
A hotfix has been applied to the game, it should fix the following issues:

- Monsters not reacting to Christa's Gift

can anyone confirm this?

BB Shockwave
03-20-2013, 05:32 PM
If you were quoting from the first post, aka the 2012 Nov hotfix, we can confirm this doesn't work at all. :(

wizardelo
03-21-2013, 06:12 AM
If you were quoting from the first post, aka the 2012 Nov hotfix, we can confirm this doesn't work at all. :(

its the hotfix (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=496880&postcount=150) from 2nd February 2013. it is not listed on steam updates either, and,. the only reference to it is here on forums.

Totoro
03-31-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm very disappointed... I was expecting they would fix all bugs but there's still a myriad of them and no new updates for two months.

I doubt anyone from that direction is even checking these forums anymore.

hippo
04-01-2013, 07:43 AM
I haven't bought this game yet because I'm still waiting for patches. Yes, I'm waiting since October 2012 :sad:
I certainly won't buy the next game in the series KB.

Rhowen
05-20-2013, 08:38 AM
So.. too many bugs yet?

Csimbi
01-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Yep, still crashes a lot in auto-combat.
Mostly the new units, and I saw a black dragon sit on trap and crash, too.

Also, getting "There is no target for this ability." during auto-combat (occurs when all the enemy units are under player control).

Tomato
12-28-2022, 10:41 AM
from the point of view of the graphic component, it is performed as well as possible: the game map is huge and detailed, the enemies are diverse, and the battles are characterized by excessive balance, which makes even the most experienced gamers sometimes scatter their brains. By the way, I want to advise you one website (https://skycoach.gg/) where you can safely buy game gold