PDA

View Full Version : Screen test

Lazarus
07-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Here's an open concept I have about filming "in-country". Why shouldn't we drive down the street of a Slovakian Village? An IL2 movie doesn't have to be TOTALLY about flying.......right?:grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF0wnOkkWWE

Now.....I just need one of you to help me build a movie around this scene...hehe!

flyingbullseye
07-08-2008, 08:46 PM
You know the whole time watching that I was waiting for a tank to run it over or something, figured it was going to be some kind of a spoof type thing. Good job though.

Feuerfalke
07-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Really, really good idea for a new movie and a new point of view towards IL2!

The sounds are also very nicely tuned. :cool:

I wondered, though, at what time Slovakia was under British, Australian or Chinese rule, or what other reason people in Slovakia had to drive on the left side? ;)

Vigilant
07-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Nice one Lazarus, a different take for sure. Personally I was waiting for a Lerche to land in front of him :lol:

Feuerfalke
07-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Nice one Lazarus, a different take for sure. Personally I was waiting for a Lerche to land in front of him :lol:

LO - I was sure until the last moment somebody would drop a 5000kg bomb. :grin:

Lazarus
07-09-2008, 04:06 AM
Crap! Do they drive on the right in Slovakia:confused:
haha....that sucks.....wait......it's not Slovakia.....yea, that's it....it's a...Polish village?:)

x__CRASH__x
07-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Lazarus, please check your PM. :)

Feuerfalke
07-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Lazarus;45263']Crap! Do they drive on the right in Slovakia:confused:
haha....that sucks.....wait......it's not Slovakia.....yea, that's it....it's a...Polish village?:)

LOL :grin:

Yeah, that's better. Poland was a British Colony anyway, right? Just kidding.

Don't worry, Lazarus, the movie is great.

Avala
07-09-2008, 02:43 PM
What a strange town, only military vehicles. :-)
Great movie, although in-car camera is a bit too high and time and weather settings could be different.
Reminds me of this excellent Mafia intro movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKsaJe2zKSo

Lazarus
07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree the view is a bit high. I should have pointed the POV down a bit more. It's a bit difficult when you're going for a Sunday drive in a Corsair with the wings folded.:-P

This is all good for when I come up with a story to put that scene in...I'll re-shoot it with all of your corrections:-)

DoolittleRaider
07-10-2008, 03:42 AM
Very creative idea.....You could have entered something like this into the 2008 IL2 Movie Competition. It meets all the requirements (would have to be minimum 3:00 in duration, though)... You are correct, you don't necessarily have to have any aircraft in an "IL2 movie"!!!

As for a story, think along the lines of TWO pilots driving thru the town enroute to an airfield...at an early dawn time/setting. The same exciting music is playing on the radio. The two take off in their two aircraft, going to battle. You don't need to show any air combat at all... Then, cut to a Dusk or evening setting as you show just ONE vehicle returning from the field, driving thru the town... The music is different, very melancholic, solemn... The "message" is clear...
FIN

Lazarus
07-10-2008, 02:31 PM
That is a great idea. Maybe show a history of old photographs of the two growing up together - joining the service together and so on.