PDA

View Full Version : HSFX vs UP vs Zuti vs JGSME????

mjfur
11-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I haven't followed all of the upgrade mods for IL-2 and am a bit confused.
I currently have a clean (no mod) version of 4.11.1 installed and running in Windows 7. I also have Tracker IR5 if that matters.

Do all of these mods (HSFX vs UP vs Zuti vs JGSME) work in conjunction with each other or are they different mods from different companies? Are there other mods out there that I missed?

What should or shouldn't I install? And in what order? Confused???

TIA,

Alien
11-01-2012, 05:33 PM
The HSFX and the UP are completely different packages. I prefer HSFX myself, so I'd like to advise you to try it ;)

fruitbat
11-01-2012, 08:53 PM
if you want 4.11 stuff, then HSFX.

if you don't mind going back to 4.10 crap ai then go for UP3

Bearcat
11-01-2012, 09:05 PM
HSFX & UP are mod packs for IL2 1946. Zuti is a person and Zuti's MDS (Moving Dogfigtht Server .. a dogfight server with an AI component in aircraft and/or objects) was originally a mod for IL2 1946. As of 4.10 it is now in the stock sim. The JSGME is a mod enabler or switcher (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler).

HSFX & UP both use the JSGME to enable the mods in their packs. Team Diadalos is the team authorized by Oleg Maddox & 1C to continue working on IL2. Every patch since 4.09 I thin it was was done by TD. HSFX is willing to work in conjunction with TD so that they can stay in line with the official patches as far as what mods it allowed. UP was not willing to do this there fore UP is only viable up to 4.10 as far as being able to install it over a stock version of the sim. IMO Zuti's MDS is one of the the most important improvements for this sim. The basics work fine in the stock sim and therefore in HSFX but from my understanding there are some more complex features in it that do not work well in the stock sim but as long as you can do without those features like rearm and repair ... which are not show stoppers IMO .. then it will work in HSFX or the stock sim.

That's the longer version.. I prefer HSFX myself. I might reinstall 46 up to 4.10 just so I can try DBW.. which is another mod pack that is primarily an offline mod pack.

Sillius_Sodus
12-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I use both UP3 and HSFX and enjoy them both. I'm finding that most new content, i.e. new aircraft, DBW, DBW 1916, etc, is built for UP3 and the ability to create moving dogfight maps (MDS), makes for great gameplay on my squad's server.

On the other hand, HSFX's ability to be installed over 4.11 gives you the improved ai and waypoint actions in the FMB. Also, most of the servers that allow mods on Hyperlobby use HSFX.

In the end, if you have the hd space, and you don't mind doing the occasional tweaking to make them behave, I would suggest you use both.

CWMV
12-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Really if you can only have one version running make it HSFX 6.
Personally I use both HSFX 6 and DBW 1.7.1
DBW is in the process of being updated for 4.11.
DBW is prettier, with more mods and more flexibility. HSFX has 4.11's AI. Its all a trade off!
UP is pretty much dead thanks to the rigid, concrete nature of Zuti's MDS.

lonewulf
12-07-2012, 03:35 AM
This may sound a bit dim but does anyone know if you can still get a downloadable version of IL-2 1946? I have the old DVD version but try as I might I can't get it to run on my new computer.

If it is still available does anyone know where it can be purchased?

Aviar
12-08-2012, 04:51 PM
This may sound a bit dim but does anyone know if you can still get a downloadable version of IL-2 1946? I have the old DVD version but try as I might I can't get it to run on my new computer.

I always advise buying from this site: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/il_2_sturmovik_1946

There is no DRM in this version (unlike Steam and other sites). DRM versions seem to have issues for many players, while non-DRM versions are much easier to deal with.

Aviar

fruitbat
12-09-2012, 12:24 AM

have you run the a.exe of the disk, should install then.

lonewulf
12-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks Aviar and Fruitbat

Um... i don't really know what you mean by "have you run the a.exe on the disk". I just put the thing in the disk drive and it just starts to make a clattering sound. Nothing else happens. No prompts, no nothing.

Very frustrating.

DD_crash
12-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Use windows explorer to open the DVD drive. Then run the file a.exe :)

theOden
12-16-2012, 06:04 AM
I had the same issue on my win7, do the a.exe trick as mentioned by fruitbat and DD_crash.

Personally I've been a long time user of UP3 and find Zuti MDS the biggest asset so far but after having a pause (need to nurse the Dover/BMS/DCS and Arma installs on my computard :) ) I'm looking into 46 again and will problably go HSFX due to the latest TD stuff such as AI improvments as said earlier.

On a sidenote, Bearcat - that was one of the best descriptions I've read in a long time. Short and precise for a rather big picture, should be in a pop-up for people opening this forum first time :) . I raise a beer to you.

K_Freddie
02-03-2013, 10:22 AM
... I raise a beer to you.
We're all drinking again... GOOD!!.. it's more of a challenge to shoot down a drunk fighter pilot.. They just damwell don't fly straight :grin:

Bearcat
02-03-2013, 05:18 PM
I had the same issue on my win7, do the a.exe trick as mentioned by fruitbat and DD_crash.

Personally I've been a long time user of UP3 and find Zuti MDS the biggest asset so far but after having a pause (need to nurse the Dover/BMS/DCS and Arma installs on my computard :) ) I'm looking into 46 again and will problably go HSFX due to the latest TD stuff such as AI improvments as said earlier.

On a sidenote, Bearcat - that was one of the best descriptions I've read in a long time. Short and precise for a rather big picture, should be in a pop-up for people opening this forum first time :) . I raise a beer to you.

Thanks but I had to edit it.. I had my facts wrong. Apparently Zuti's MDS still works in 4.11 .. I was under the impression that it had been removed because of issues with it in 4.11 but I was mistaken. For me HSFX was a no brainer anyway .. now that I know Zuti is still working in 4.11 .. and therefore in HSFX as well .. it is a real no brainer.

lorenzoj
02-07-2013, 02:33 PM
lonewolf: sounds like you have some disc read issue going on but I also had no joy getting the installer to run on my new Win 8 computer til I double clicked the a.exe file in desperation and finally got the InstallWizard to start

334th_Gazoo
02-12-2013, 12:32 AM
lonewolf: sounds like you have some disc read issue going on but I also had no joy getting the installer to run on my new Win 8 computer til I double clicked the a.exe file in desperation and finally got the InstallWizard to start

What I did was to Right Click on mouse, Copy and paste the files off of my CD onto the Hard drive then run a.exe

-)-MAILMAN-
04-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Which Version of Zuti MDS works with 4.11 & HSFX 6

DD_crash
04-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Apparently with UP3.1 Zuti has solved the host logging issue so that the host can have a score see here http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,34291.0.html