PDA

View Full Version : Runes... can someone please explain

cytochrome
10-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Hello. I have no idea how these runes work in combat. There is a rune of attack, defense, and luck. Do they last for just one round of combat or the entire combat? I also see there is Rune Magic that has spells that vary effects depending on how many "unused runes" you have. How on earth do I know how many unused runes I have? Is there a way to check? Thanks.

camelotcrusade
10-31-2012, 08:06 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35068

And the part you care about:

After playing a while I think I can clarify the runes: Every viking unit is a rune bearer (you'll see this in their description). They mostly start with 1 of each rune (Soothsayers have 2 of each). Each turn you can spend one of those runes to get the buff for *that turn.* Then it's used up. After experimenting with this a bit, I believe the bonuses to attack/defense only impact the base stat. So my slingers with 4 base attack are getting +1 attack, not +5 because they have 20 attack when you add in my stats.

•Rune of Attack: creature receives + 20% to base attack and the base chance of critical hit.
•Rune of Defense: creature gets + 20% to base defense and base health.
•Rune of Luck: the creature has a 10% chance of a second turn after it goes.

Runes refresh every time you start a new fight, or when you cast the level one rune magic spell Runic Word, which gives the unit one of each rune. If you know rune magic, all your troops may randomly get more runes (even if they are non-vikings).