PDA

View Full Version : Higher Magic - "use weaker spells without exhausting his power"

Harakiri
10-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Anyone can give an insight what that means? Any spell which cost >= 10 mana does not consume any mana by chance? Or is it only 5 mana? Does it increase to level 3 ?

Fatt_Shade
10-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Higher magic give you chance to use spell book 2 times/battle turn. On 1st lvl you can use it 2 times, for spells of no more then 10 mana, so : you can cast first spell and that is 10 mana or lower cost and after that in same turn another spell what ever you want there is no mana cost limit for second spell. In next turn or (any other) you can do this 1 more time so 2 time total in battle.
Expl : battle start you cast stone skin 5mana and magic spring 10mana in first turn on some unit, next turn you cast resurrect on some unit and since it is more them 10 mana you cant cast any more spells in that turn, then 3rd turn you cast haste on some unit and mass bless and that`s it you used 2 turns to cast 2 spells per turn.

On 2nd lvl higher magic give you 4 times(turn) to cast spells with no more then 15 mana cost so first spell must be 15 mana or less and second again have no cost limit. You can do this 4 turn in one battle.

And ofc 3rd lvl 6 times(turns) for 20 mana limit, here first spell cast in some turn is 20 mana or less and after that spell you can cast any other. This goes for 6 turns (not first 6 turns in battle, but 6 turns during whole battle).

Harakiri
10-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Oh, yeah i understand that part - but i thought it also implied that i can cast spells without using mana hence the part of ("use weaker spells without exhausting his power")

Zechnophobe
10-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Oh, yeah i understand that part - but i thought it also implied that i can cast spells without using mana hence the part of ("use weaker spells without exhausting his power")

By 'his power' they mean 'his ability to cast spells'. So the first spell of the turn must be under the threshold for the level of the skill you have. And if it is, you can cast another one that turn. Mana cost is not effected.

Fatt_Shade
10-30-2012, 10:20 PM
but i thought it also implied that i can cast spells without using mana hence the part of...
Come on man, dont be greedy :-) Mage have most mana of all classes so dont be stingy with it, and remember Valkyries love man who is generous with his mana :-D

Xenesis
10-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Also a useful tip to remember is that you can always use the L1/L2 versions of spells even if you have the L3 version by holding down ctrl and shift respectively when selecting the spell - It's important for spells that use more mana at higher levels.