PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with Main Quest "An Aliance with the elves"

atarisz
10-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Hello,

I stuck in quest "An Aliance with the elves" at the point "Find an antidote for the spider bites".

It has been written that I should find herbalist on Merlassar island. But I can't find him. Can anyone help? Maybe I should finish particular quest before herbalist could show himself? :)

julksasas
10-30-2012, 03:51 PM
The herbalist is somewhere in a house in Merlassar. After you speak with him he then tells you to kill a spider in a cave on Arlania. Maybe you have already spoken with him? The quest log doesn't show this info.

atarisz
10-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks for reply.

At this moment I have spoken to all things on Merlessar as I can see.. So as I understand I should kill that spider. But the problem is that on the map of Arlania exists 3 caves: Cold cave, Moonshiner's Hideout, Griffin's Underground. But in the none of them I can find a spider.

With spider I have active quest called "Ice hunt". But I don't think that it is quest which you have mentioned since source is called "Mansion" on Arlania island but not Merlessar.

Any thoughts?

julksasas
10-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Im not sure on the exact island, but the spider is definitely in a cave. Try checking nearby island verlon wasteland.

canakin
10-30-2012, 06:24 PM
The spider is in the cave that you can access from the Griffin Island in Arlania (same cave the princess is in), it's not a boss fight or anything. It looks like a normal spider army and should be wandering in the cave. It's kinda hard to miss since it is a fight with ridiculously high amount of spiders. When you win the battle, you gain spider poison glands and you should take them back to healer in Merlessar

Mandea
11-01-2012, 06:43 AM
what if I've already killed all spiders in that cave BEFORE going to Merlassar? I talked to the princess, and then killed everything. Now I can't find any spiders in that cave.
I didn't kill everything in hades and now that portal seems to be gone I can't complete some quests. but those were side-quests. But the main quest is important. I am really starting to be sorry for the money spent for this game. bugs after bugs.

Highborne
11-01-2012, 06:56 AM
He will spawn after you go to Herb guy asking for his venom, go back to cave, kill him get venom, go back to herb guy, go back to cave give the antidote...

It sucks.

Mandea
11-01-2012, 07:08 AM
I'll check again when I get home because I went there and there wasn't any other spider but I'll go again :)

what about hades and demonis? can I reach that map again? or I should have done it before continuing the main quest?

Khornn
11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
what about hades and demonis? can I reach that map again? or I should have done it before continuing the main quest?You can later in the game.

Mandea
11-01-2012, 06:33 PM
can you tell me where I can find kind Asvald? I found king Digor (or whatever his name is) but I don't find Asvald. arlania?

Khornn
11-01-2012, 09:26 PM
can you tell me where I can find kind Asvald? I found king Digor (or whatever his name is) but I don't find Asvald. arlania?He's in Riftlands, and the way to there opens up after you've completed all mainquests for King Korn Digor. They doorway to Riftlands is in the dwarven mines, where the usable ladder is (very near King Korn Digor's castle).

julius1980
11-20-2012, 09:50 AM
He will spawn after you go to Herb guy asking for his venom, go back to cave, kill him get venom, go back to herb guy, go back to cave give the antidote...

It sucks.

Can u tell me pls what shoul i do next?. I saved Ele Taera, and now i should accompany her to Las Ksarind. Where cand i find this Las Ksarind? I`ve gone to Castle Merlassar, where the king of elves lives, but nothing happend.It`s a bug, or this Las Ksarind lives elsewhere?
I`m stuck !

ckdamascus
11-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Can u tell me pls what shoul i do next?. I saved Ele Taera, and now i should accompany her to Las Ksarind. Where cand i find this Las Ksarind? I`ve gone to Castle Merlassar, where the king of elves lives, but nothing happend.It`s a bug, or this Las Ksarind lives elsewhere?
I`m stuck !

Arlania, where Iron Richard used to be. The castle by the 'passageway' that no one would let you through before.

Nirual
11-21-2012, 06:32 AM
I'll check again when I get home because I went there and there wasn't any other spider but I'll go again :)

I had the same issue once, went in again and saw nothing in the cave. then I reloaded from before entering again, went in again and there it was.

julius1980
11-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Thx, i found him but i`m stuck again on main quest.I`ll need to make alliances with dwarves,elves and vikings. I can`t find Queen Amelie anywhere , also Southem Vinland for vikings quest. A little help pls!!:-(

Aleksandar777
11-28-2012, 07:26 AM
Did someone try to say Ele Taera that she is a Elf and she's gona recover herself, and than when you talk to her again she attacks you? What is the story of the main quest than?

hajaar
11-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I am having the same issue too. I spoke to Ele Taera, and then to the herbalist who asked me to get the spider glands. But when I looked for the spider in the cave and couldnt find it.

Pluvius
02-28-2013, 10:41 AM
I am having the same issue too. I spoke to Ele Taera, and then to the herbalist who asked me to get the spider glands. But when I looked for the spider in the cave and couldnt find it.

Dont waste your time saving Ele Taera. It wont affect your main quest at all and there is no significant reward, I tried it both ways out of curiousity.

If you refuse to save her and let die in the cave, click on her ghost form and be prepared to fight an undead army. The XP and gold is a lot. When you walk back to her father in the Iron Richard castle labelled as Karradun in Arlania map, you will tell him that you found her but she had turned into an undead and thus was forced to kill her. Her father was very sad and does not wish to talk about an alliance and ask you to leave him for a while. However, he will give you a very pathetic sum of gold for your troubles for attempting. Click on the father again, and he will tell you to find Princess Amelie as he cannot make an alliance with you.

If you agree to save her which you will regret WASTING your time, first, you need to travel to Merlassar after promising her at Griffin Underground Cave that you will be back for her. After reaching the Healer at Merlassar elven town, he asks you for the poison of the spider. You travel back to the cave to find the spider. It will be in the ice spider avatar walking around her. She will be up a slope, the spider will be at the bottom of the slope area. After killing the troop, you return back to Merlassar healer. And then, you have to travel back to Griffin underground cave. Only then you return to the Karradun. When you reach her dad, you will say you saved her in time and she will affirm it. Her dad will be happy and give you another pathetic sum of money ( more than if she dies). Her dad will say he doesnt want to talk about the alliance and shoo you away. When u click on him again, it will be the same end result. He will tell you to find Amelie.

Thus, I recommend, not to save Ele Taera, as it really wastes a lot of time (you cannot do a distant travel from Arlania to Merlassar, you have to go back to Greenwort first and vice versa), no significant rewards like runes or items, just small money and does not affect the outcome of the game.

Of course, if you wish to be a good guy, you could save her

Belgarath
02-28-2013, 12:11 PM
You do get a Wanderer scroll if you have already been to Merlassar though, one of the few points in the game where you are guaranteed to get one...