PDA

View Full Version : Rage skills almost useless for Soothsayer?

Nevar
10-30-2012, 06:18 AM
So I have 7 of 9 Rage Skills unlocked and so far, I don't really see any rage skills that would benefit me when I eventually restart and play a Soothsayer. I mean KB:TL had Soul Drain and Glot's Armor, at least. CW gave us Mana Accelerator and Ball Lightning.

So far, the only skills that might be good on a Soothsayer (imo) are Christa's Gift and Regina's Messenger, which can both keep the rest of your units safe. Your thoughts?

I could just be blind here.

Zechnophobe
10-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Wall and charista's gold are both solid for soothsayer. The control style effects always are.

Also Gurlda's rage (fiery one) deals percent fire damage if you ignite, which makes it good (for everyone).

Loopy
10-30-2012, 11:22 AM
I haven't unlocked more than the first 4, but obviously damage is always useful.

Ice blades have been incredibly useful to protect my units so far.

Nevar
10-30-2012, 01:39 PM
I barely use wall, really. I'm usually more concerned about the ranged units, so the wall doesn't do much for me.

I admit the burn is nice, although you could probably get more mileage with Olaf's skills if you manage to get Icy Rage to at least level 2. Freezing is amazing.

Also, in the late game, the damage you can do with Rage Skills is probably going to be practically nothing compared to your damage spells. I really hope one of those last two Rage Skills does % based damage or replenishes Mana.