PDA

View Full Version : Non-viking units and runes

camelotcrusade
10-30-2012, 02:45 AM
I have a couple of dwarves in my army and also an assassin (freebie on third island... yay) and they seem to randomly have runes to use. Sometimes defense, sometimes attack and luck, sometimes just luck... I don't think I've seen all three available yet.

I don't have any Soothsayers providing friendly runes (and honestly, I'm not sure if this ability even works?) and I haven't cast that spell to give them any... so I am wondering where these runes come from.

What have you guys seen?

marc
10-30-2012, 03:26 AM
I think your level in Rune Magic randomly distributes extra runes to all troops. At least, the description seems to imply it.

camelotcrusade
10-30-2012, 03:35 AM
Okay, cool, I will go and check that out.

While I'm asking questions, does anybody remember what the cap is for bonus damage with attack over defense? My beserkers just attacked a spider with 1 defense with their 58 attack power and did crazy damage. So I was wondering.

tiberiu
10-30-2012, 04:24 AM

While I'm asking questions, does anybody remember what the cap is for bonus damage with attack over defense? My beserkers just attacked a spider with 1 defense with their 58 attack power and did crazy damage. So I was wondering.

Not totally sure, but I think the maximum bonus is 300% for attack, and the least damage you can take with high defense, 33%.

Sunlandic
10-30-2012, 04:54 AM
300% base damage for attack/ 33% of base damage on defense are the caps. It says so when you mouse over your attack and defense scores in your hero panel.

Zechnophobe
10-30-2012, 06:06 AM

60 attack over defense gives you +300% bonus damage. Each 15 A over D gives +50% damage. Every 15 D over A divides damage by d = 1/1 + R, where R is the D over A value.
ER, so 15 D over A = 1/(1+.5), so you deal .67. Another 15 is .5, another is .4 and another is .33.

If you get high morale level 5 units, they almost always have more than 60 A over D and D over A, which is why Voice of the Dragon was so good in KBAP.

Fatt_Shade
10-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Common mistake :-)
60 att over def makes total dmg = 300% of your basic unit dmg, not +300. Every point in att gives you 3,33% higher dmg output , so with 30 att over def you get bonus 100%, and on 60 att/def you get 200% bonus or 300% dmg total. Have fun :-)
Still i think this is to simple calculation, look at intellect formula every point gives %% dmg, ten every 7 points 15% additional dmg, and every 20 points longer spells (can some list spells that last longer due to this bonus ? since i have never seen any spell lasting more then basic even with 80+ intellect). On other hand att and defense have much simpler formula every pont have 3,33 bonus/reduction dmg and thats it. No other bonuses for every 7/20 points in att/def. Check 59 post inout this tread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22725&page=6 . I asked for something more interesting for att/def and this idea seemed doable (maybe lower bonuses but still something more then simple 30 bonus dmg/reduction would be useful.

Nike-it
10-30-2012, 07:12 AM
I have a couple of dwarves in my army and also an assassin (freebie on third island... yay) and they seem to randomly have runes to use. Sometimes defense, sometimes attack and luck, sometimes just luck... I don't think I've seen all three available yet.

I don't have any Soothsayers providing friendly runes (and honestly, I'm not sure if this ability even works?) and I haven't cast that spell to give them any... so I am wondering where these runes come from.

What have you guys seen?

The non-Viking units receive reduced amount of runes after you learn the first level of Rune Magic Skill. If I'm not mistaken at first level you troops will get 1 random rune, then 2 and finally 3 (1 of each type).

Kel
10-30-2012, 07:33 AM
(can some list spells that last longer due to this bonus ? since i have never seen any spell lasting more then basic even with 80+ intellect).

Of the ones in my current spellbook:

slow
timeless
last hero