PDA

View Full Version : Just Two weeks remain until IL2 Movie Competition Deadline

DoolittleRaider
07-02-2008, 06:52 PM
The IL2 Movie Competition deadline for movie entries is Midnight GMT 15 July, just Two weeks from now. There is still time to produce a very short, yet eligible, 3 minute movie.

Competition Announcement and Rules (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3134)

Viking
07-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Excuse me for being a testy old fart but am I the only one who think that it’s a bit rich to force contestants to register “over there” while they refuse to even post a link or hint to this site “over there”!?

Viking

DoolittleRaider
07-03-2008, 05:32 AM
Excuse me for being a testy old fart but am I the only one who think that it’s a bit rich to force contestants to register “over there” while they refuse to even post a link or hint to this site “over there”!?

Viking
Well, Sir...Don't enter the contest, then...Nobody is "forcing" you to do so. I'll look forward to seeing your movies whereever and whenever and in whatever venue or Forum you choose to host/publish/release your creations for the viewing pleasure of the Community. If you have some of your movies currently hosted, could you please post the links for viewing/downloading some of them?

Meanwhile, when you step forward to organize and administer a movie competition of your own, you can run yours any way you please which seems logical and manageable and efficient to you.

This is a competiton intended to encourage IL2 movie-making for the benefit of all IL2 community members, not to open the door for small-minded bickering over whose "Forums" are 'better' or as a soapbox for the regurgitation of past imagined/perceived slights of any sort. I will note that over the 10-week course of this Competition, announced on six separate internet Sites/Forums, yours is the single solitary "snipe'. That experience and Positive response to the Competition has been very refreshing, as long as it lasted.

It should suffice for members of this "Official 1C Company Forum", such as yourself, that Maddox 1C has graciously supported this competition...and has expressed no concerns, whatsoever, with the manner in which it has been organized nor the manner in which it is being administered.

Viking
07-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Sorry but there won’t be any mudslinging contest! You’re entitled to an opinion as well as me.
But while you are “over there” will you be so kind to remind them to include this site in the list of links.

Viking

Beowulf
07-03-2008, 11:25 AM
It should suffice for members of this "Official 1C Company Forum", such as yourself, that Maddox 1C has graciously supported this competition...and has expressed no concerns, whatsoever, with the manner in which it has been organized nor the manner in which it is being administered.

I would suspect that they are "too busy with SOW" to worry about commenting on the administration of your site. Heck they can't even box up 4.09b you expect them to be surfing??? :P

heywooood
07-04-2008, 02:29 AM
well here's a dustup over nothing...whats the point of it I wonder

either post a vid or don't - its not a personality contest...apparently