PDA

View Full Version : Soothsayer build

keko4321
10-29-2012, 12:45 PM
the only magic worth upgrading to level 3 is rune magic(dps wise) ?
i do remember chaos were pretty good in AP , it's nerfed ? and 90% of the spells i'm finding is rune magic .
artifactor is any good ? i found few recipes but it doesn't show the items stats
and looks like i can destroy items to get materials to craft others ?
it's worth it to get persuasion in mind tree and max it ?
i'm a bit lost here so any suggestion please

Thanks

BB Shockwave
10-29-2012, 02:17 PM
I found no differences in most chaos spells (flame arrow, poison) compared to AP. Actually, Magic Missle and Flame Arrow kinda do the same damage for me, right now.

It'd be nice to have a list of spells available in Runic Magic school , though... so far I only found/learned three, although the Winter Dance is a great spell for when your units are surrounded, it does physical damage and a lot of enemies are resistant.

nublets
10-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Chaos magic is still the best choice for damage dealing spells. Rune magic has a few high damage spells but they consume the runes of your army to get the most out of them, so if you don't use the viking units its not very effective.

The rest of your questions kind of depend on you hero class and army composition, persuasion for example is useless unless they really don't like other.

Artifactor is an interesting skill, useful for the destuction ability alone to gain crystals for learning spells(and the crystal collector medal).

I have'nt had much luck with crafting scrolls yet, the only one I've found is for a students belt that gives +1 def +1 int and a 5% chance of a free class rune after each battle. Lastly, to craft items you need gold, mana and a few crystals.

Hope that helps.

keko4321
10-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks alot

Razorflame
10-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Hmm my safest bet would be investing in lvl 3 order magic before runic magic

since most of your beginning enemies will be undead

and personally i didn't find runic magic do be that good anyway and not alot of randomness on first island

most spells u find on first island are runic then order then distortion and if u get lucky u get some chaos spells

Bhruic
10-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Hmm my safest bet would be investing in lvl 3 order magic before runic magic

since most of your beginning enemies will be undead

and personally i didn't find runic magic do be that good anyway and not alot of randomness on first island

I'd have to disagree. If you get Heal, then yes, Order magic can be quite useful, but only to a point. Most of your units won't have that much health at that point, so the actual healing side tends to be overkill. The spell does do a decent amount of damage to Undead, but at level 3 it does less damage than a level 3 Magic Missile spell. The only advantage it has is the ridiculously low mana cost - but if you're playing a Soothsayer, you likely have a decent amount of mana to work with. Throw in the damage from a level 3 Winter Dance spell, and Runic magic wins, imo.

Nevar
10-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Rune magic has a 50,000 gold scroll called Blizzard. The damage seems pretty good and it hits a lot of targets, but I can't really say as I'm not a soothsayer.

Razorflame
10-29-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd have to disagree. If you get Heal, then yes, Order magic can be quite useful, but only to a point. Most of your units won't have that much health at that point, so the actual healing side tends to be overkill. The spell does do a decent amount of damage to Undead, but at level 3 it does less damage than a level 3 Magic Missile spell. The only advantage it has is the ridiculously low mana cost - but if you're playing a Soothsayer, you likely have a decent amount of mana to work with. Throw in the damage from a level 3 Winter Dance spell, and Runic magic wins, imo.

i wonder how?

i have level 2 runic magic it dead 145-175 damage with a mana cost of 15
i got like 38 mana so that would mean a damage of 290-350
and yes u can hit multiple targets for more damage but u ussualy want to take out the archers and stuff

while for a mana cost of 2 with 70 damage or healing

u could potentionaly do alot more damage+ healing

15 mana cost is way to expensive in beginning imho

Bhruic
10-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Sure, the Winter Dance spell takes a lot of mana - you only want to use it when you're going to hit 3+ units (or multiple ranged units if you want to take them down fast). But the Magic Missile spell only takes 5 mana regardless of the level, so you can cast quite a few of them, and they do more damage at each level than Heal does at the corresponding level.

MoonLite22
10-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Rune magic has a 50,000 gold scroll called Blizzard. The damage seems pretty good and it hits a lot of targets, but I can't really say as I'm not a soothsayer.

I'm using Blizzard for some time now and at least in the midgame legend areas after spider boss it is really strong. It can hit all the enemy units turn1 if you aim it right, dealing a lot of damage with an 83% chance of freeze. My favourite damage spell in the game so far.

namad
10-29-2012, 10:25 PM
invest in high level magic for a class of spells only after you find a scroll that makes you want to do it, and just float ~1-2 upgrades worth of runes whenever you can, so that if you find an amazing scroll you can instantly use it, be flexible scroll finds are highly random, but yeah... even just level 2 heal, or even better level 3 OWNS on the first 3islands for sure