PDA

View Full Version : NO loss first island tips!

Razorflame
10-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Since alot of people have some hard time with this. I will give some tips for you to use.

If i am not mistaken u can do 29 FIGHTS before ahriman(this including the super skeleton stack+skel archers)

26-27 are easy to do you will be level 4(unles u had some luck with a xp shrine that gives more than 50+ xp)
the other 2 (one next to runalov and one at the ramp where chest is) will give u the requirement for level 5 so beat them to get to level 5 before u meet ahriman

Next UNIT selection

my selection would consider

Soothsayers(can split vs bosses reason is they have high HP and sometimes can survive a poison skull)

Beserkers (their mad rage ability really helps alot with the criciticals) and semi decent tank for level 3

Slingers( just for extra damage from long range, since it's one of the few ranged ones) and bosses tend to blind/fear them (causing no damage)

Vikings( to help out the beserker with the mad rage ability)

axethrowers ( good ranged unit with nimble ability)

Ancient bears for sometimes to swap for the slinger for extra damage suck up or big ranged stacks

Spells that you should get
1. HEALING THIS IS A MUST HAVE! (it does damage vs undead too so for skals and warriors this is the extra damage spell they can get pretty cheaply)

2. Call of nature( pray for god that u get enough of these xD)
3. as for mage u could get winters dance that is fixed

character differences

Warrior will have strong units but will have lack on the healing abilities for this i would put in ancient bears instead of the slinger so they can hibernate if damages and stuff and also deal damage(they do more damage than beserker and have more defence)

Your main focus will be eliminating the archers and slowpoking the units that come to u and just before they get to u get your stack of besekers to go into mad rage and hopefully the criticals will deal enough damage so that u will survive the battle)

and ofcourse always use your rage ability! with a warrior you should always be chainfighting doing fight after fight (and buy troops in reserve that u need like axe and beserkers) your main damage will be the RAGE ability rest is pure support!

for mage

things can get a little more tricky since mana is not so easily regenerated as RAGE mages need to pick more fights (easy before a hard fight) in this order to get the maximum benefit of full mana+some rage to spend in the hard fight) battle tactics roughly as same as warrior instead use slingers instead of the Ancient bear) since mage can deal spell damage more easily

the SKALD

This mega monster doesn't have to worry about SPELLS/Rage

MOST stacks are UNDEAD what does this meaN?
that your song(bottom one) will always give u +1mana and rage! for the first 3 rounds and due to your high leadership you will be able to pound into the enemies like shrimps!;)

steamroll mode on note that the skald ALREADY has healing as spell (damage+healing) for free + song booster

the only problem would be heroes but that can easily be overdone by splitting your soothsayers and getting alot of beserkers and vikings with axethrowers

If you can try to summon call of nature into boss fights only so u have an extra unit that can soak damage for u (mainly spells of enemy heroes)

You can beat all stacks sometimes it takes alot of time

to beat a fight

since u can switch units and use diferent abilities and stuff

so figure that out and go kill em

on a side note if u see a battle is hard try doing another fight first and then the harder one to see if there is an ICE statue favoring u or a bless statue

these things seem little but they can help u alot! free damage or free healing depending on the statue ofcourse!

to my opinion skald is the easiest on impossible (at least on first island)
nage second mainly due to fast investment in order or rune magic which can deal alot of damage and save your ass alot of times:)

warrior is the hardest since it's hard to get a spell back up for your forces
on the other hand your troops are tougher than the rest but still;)
on first island it hard

hope this helped some people playing this:)

for further details feel free to pm me or post here

P.S. i am pretty good at KB series for that u can also see my walktrough for TL:)

HAPPY GAMING

Youpiya
10-29-2012, 11:56 AM
What level of difficulty did you play ?
What class did you pick ?

Because I just succeeded in doing 25 fights without any loss, without healing and call of nature (welcome randomization of scroll), and in NORMAL mode and as a SOOTHSAYER (mage). But now I can't go any further without losing a single unit. And I really don't like that, because I made out Crossworld in Impossible without any loss and it was THE fun part of the game. If I cant do a no loss in impossible, I'm just sad...

I'm gonna stop playing mage and use fighter instead. Just to see.
Please 1C, you just rock with KB, but make the "no loss" path doable. Tough, but doable !!

Youpiya
10-29-2012, 02:27 PM
So, it seems possible in... impossible :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepWj4DNkJM

zjazd18
10-29-2012, 02:37 PM
So, it seems possible in... impossible

Really bothers me that you play without HP bars and shown move order lol. Great job though.

Youpiya
10-29-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm not the one who made that video, I just found it ^^
But i TOTALLY agree with you lol

hotfix666
10-29-2012, 03:43 PM
hardest battle is on the ghostship but you need go back later to this island and can take that fight :)

Razorflame
10-29-2012, 03:57 PM
What level of difficulty did you play ?
What class did you pick ?

Because I just succeeded in doing 25 fights without any loss, without healing and call of nature (welcome randomization of scroll), and in NORMAL mode and as a SOOTHSAYER (mage). But now I can't go any further without losing a single unit. And I really don't like that, because I made out Crossworld in Impossible without any loss and it was THE fun part of the game. If I cant do a no loss in impossible, I'm just sad...

I'm gonna stop playing mage and use fighter instead. Just to see.
Please 1C, you just rock with KB, but make the "no loss" path doable. Tough, but doable !!

I only play on impossible mode
:)

sethmage
10-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Because I just succeeded in doing 25 fights without any loss, without healing and call of nature (welcome randomization of scroll), and in NORMAL mode and as a SOOTHSAYER (mage). But now I can't go any further without losing a single unit.

exactly the same problem here, the lack of donations to the goddess of luck and the drops are really crappy ;),
i gave up on Eric, he can keep that 1 bear

Razorflame
10-29-2012, 06:28 PM
on normal it should be a piece of cake imho

The ai is getting prodictable:)

Personally i think the best combination is

Skald+order+nature call on any difficulty for beating a no loss game

Hagbard
10-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Personally i think the best combination is

Skald+order+nature call on any difficulty for beating a no loss game

y, I would agree but if u do not find enough magic runes to get order and only one nature scroll, u are fcked pretty much. I gave up with these circumstances after uncountable hours trying the necromancer...

Youpiya
10-30-2012, 08:40 AM
razorflame, do you think you can be more condescendant ?
Anyway.

I tried a fighter in impossible. Still no call of nature and no healing scroll.

Precisely, 30 fights are possible before ahriman.
- 27 are doable without any loss.
- The 28th (near the magic door to the shipwreck) is extremely hard (EQUAL SIZE of our troop number) but doable with luck (I tried about 15 times).
- 29th and 30th are absolutely not doable (one DEADLY with 70/70/139 skeleton fighters and 119/119 skeleton archers, other STRONG with 28/28/55 zombies, 93 skeleton archers, 3 ghosts). May be with randomization of troops, with bears it could be possible, but still...

With these 28 fights, still level 4, I had 950 on 952 xp points needed to level 5... So indeed as it is said in another topic, leveling is slower in "impossible"...
Furthermore, I came very quickly to the level 1 award "gifted warrior" which add 5% xp on battle...

I now try skald and stop searching for a no loss game if I do not succeed :)

One thing important that has not been said : the beserkers shield is really usefull. It double defense of vikings (+10) and beserkers (+14).

hatuan1983
10-30-2012, 09:03 AM
why you need to do No loss in all battles ?
I think we just need about first 100 no loss for maximum leadersip!
In imposible, it's getting so hard to fight boss (maybe u have to try dozen times, for a no loss with boss)
You can have some berserker die, and it's ok, there are tons of them outhere to replenish.
And i think there no way to finish the game 100% battle no loss (imposible), there are time you have to sacrifire some I think!

Youpiya
11-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Youhouuuuuu !

Succeeded in Arhiman without any loss and without any Call of nature spell !
Happy I am. Now I can go further :grin:

marc
11-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Youhouuuuuu !

Succeeded in Arhiman without any loss and without any Call of nature spell !
Happy I am. Now I can go further :grin:

You are in for a rude awakening. I think that this first chokepoint fight was just a way for the devs to say "hey, don't bother with no loss, it's impossible in this game". The first boss is simply impossible to do without loss, although getting to that fight might be, if you try really hard.

Heck, with the very narrow unit selection given to you for that first boss, not only no loss is undoable, but the fight itself is a close call on impossible. At least it was with my lvl 20 soothsayer (maybe warriors have it easier with better leadership?). So don't bother going for no loss, unless you want to do it up to the first boss for some reason.

zjazd18
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Heck, with the very narrow unit selection given to you for that first boss, not only no loss is undoable, but the fight itself is a close call on impossible. At least it was with my lvl 20 soothsayer (maybe warriors have it easier with better leadership?). So don't bother going for no loss, unless you want to do it up to the first boss for some reason.
You do it with trolls, pretty easy stuff so yea it's possible. I've done it on impossible and others too so don't scare the guy:)

marc
11-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Well in my game there were only 3 trolls, and I'm not sure how you can beat that spider on impossible with that.

Plus, post a fraps cause I really got to see that :P

I mean, I tried the trolls on that fight and they work well, but they would still die before regenerating from attacks by the spider stacks. Perhaps if I had stoneskin and magic spring, you park them in a corner and just spell the spider to death... But I didn't have either of those spells.

zjazd18
11-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Yes you need stoneskin, and probably mana spring for unlimited mana, but those are fairly common. It takes around 100 rounds to do so it's very long fight but pretty straight forward. I had 5 trolls from call of colosus, but 3 should be enought just will take a bit longer. Split trolls in groups with 3 i guess 1-1-1 and place in corners so they can be only hit by maximum of 2 mini-spiders, stoneskin and manaspring on the guy that will be hitting boss rinse and repeat.

hotfix666
11-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Since alot of people have some hard time with this. I will give some tips for you to use.

If i am not mistaken u can do 29 FIGHTS before ahriman(this including the super skeleton stack+skel archers)

26-27 are easy to do you will be level 4(unles u had some luck with a xp shrine that gives more than 50+ xp)
the other 2 (one next to runalov and one at the ramp where chest is) will give u the requirement for level 5 so beat them to get to level 5 before u meet ahriman

Next UNIT selection

my selection would consider

Soothsayers(can split vs bosses reason is they have high HP and sometimes can survive a poison skull)

Beserkers (their mad rage ability really helps alot with the criciticals) and semi decent tank for level 3

Slingers( just for extra damage from long range, since it's one of the few ranged ones) and bosses tend to blind/fear them (causing no damage)

Vikings( to help out the beserker with the mad rage ability)

axethrowers ( good ranged unit with nimble ability)

Ancient bears for sometimes to swap for the slinger for extra damage suck up or big ranged stacks

I play on impossibel and its impossibel win over Necromancer boss without any good spell. When I almost kill hims enemy him summon a new army :(

I have good shield some give vikings and Beserkers 100% armor and I have another good stuf but its imossibel win :(

Razorflame
11-01-2012, 02:54 PM
well you will also have to be lucky with the LDRship amount they produce

it can vary alot between 3k-7kldrship

anything above 5k ldrship from either ahriman or uladaar is a waste of time

i mean even in 1 game where i had 1 wanderer scroll of titan sword
with skald lvl 5

(ahriman was a steamroll really easy didn't even invest in any points save for spirit of def and edda)

while uladaar

has

5 vampires
65 skeletons
70 skel archers
2 ancient vampires
1 ancient vampire
2 cursed ghost
7 ghost
12 decaying zombies

vs my

4 soothsayers
17 beserkers
8 axethrowers
44 slingers
and 22 vikings

first time i just had the edda song that cast random spell
(which he dispels on his units) so no damage for me
when i decimate his army with no losses to 1/3 that mofo is always casting a poison skull or ghost blade to give me at least 1-2 losses that are not ressuctable

i have almost tried any POSSIBLE combination and couldn't get pas him

then i tried using all my runes
and gues what
still not possible lol

on most of my run throughs u either get this
a VERY HARDCORE ahriman and a weak uladaar

or a weak ahriman and a HARDCORE uladaar

i really am starting to hate this game you are so RNG LUCK based
that i really don't give a crap anymore
the poor unit selection and the LUCK of RNG is total crap to get a no loss through

yes u CAN reload and restart tons of time untill u get it but it will take at least 5-6 times to even get past the first boss
and right after the second

that will consume hours of play not really my taste of play I don't mind a challenge but this is WAAAAAAY overdone

really bad writing IMHO

badsector
11-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Hello. I managed to kill Ahriman and the necromancer in the cave without losses. But I have serious trouble with Eric. He has the poison skull magic and kills something every time he casts it even though he has only 2 intelligence. He casts it several times during the battle so there is no way to resurrect the casualties. I don't have a nature call scroll, only 2/3 soothsayers, one healing scroll and some other offensive scrolls. I'm playing a Viking class. Any ideas?

Razorflame
11-12-2014, 03:56 PM
ok sorry for the late reply ;)
i'm more on steam ussually

but give me some info on the invested skills u have
how much runes u have left and what sort of army are you using?