PDA

View Full Version : KBWoTN crashes

socs
10-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Forgive me if this is in the wrong section wasn't sure where exactly to post it.

I played for 5 hours last night no problems now on Island 2 when entering battle the game crashes every time. I validated files and updated video drives still have same issue.

Faulting application name: KBWotN.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50896b3d
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x276c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdb3936f1efaaf
Faulting application path: D:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\KBWotN.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: ca41620a-1f87-11e2-8895-bcaec57638d8

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game same issue game crashes every time, again I played last night fine no issue then hit island 2 and now cannot proceed.

socs
10-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Steam sent and update and that has resolved this issue thank you.

tomschulte
10-26-2012, 06:40 PM
hello,

I have a problem.

When I enter some of the battles, the game crashes all the time.

What can I do?

I read the answer but I don't understand the answer, because there seem to miss some words in the answer.

can someone please write the answer in good and correct english please?

that would be very nice.

I have installed steam, but that does not solve the problem.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask me, thank you.

best regards

zionzo
10-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Is there any fix for this? I can't find any patch on this site or stream. Can we download the file somewhere?

Regards

Godlikan
10-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I have been studying a bit by repeating some battles and come to conclusion. Crashes are not random at least with my game. They happen when any unit attack any unit that have "Last Hero" buff on themselves. At least it happens when buff is placed by "Sklad" unit in my or enemies army.

To get it simpler.

1.) If you attack enemy unit by default/skill/magic with "Last Hero" buff themselves placed by "Sklad" unit, game will crash.

2.) If enemy attack unit by default/skill/magic with "Last Hero" buff themselves placed by "Sklad" unit, game will crash.

I did not try to place buff by spell book and try to interact but it is possible that it will crash.

So try to avoid "last Hero" buff and thing should be fine.

P. S.

Skeleton Archer dispel arrow does not crash the game, so I guess dispel magic wont either.

Hope this help someone since i registered to forum just to put this post up. :grin:

Hagbard
10-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Pretty interesting and u could be right, hope they patch this soon. My game crashes way too often, but I am sure that it was during battles with Skald buffing "Last Hero". Dont like this buff anyways so they better get rid of it... :P

BB Shockwave
11-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Nope, that's not it. Game still crashes randomly, and none of the units have "Last Hero". It just crashes randomly when one of my or the enemy's units would take an action. Also, I get no error log, not even with -DEV, just crash to desktop.

Seriously, I am amazed how so many of you are able to play this frustrating bugfest. I LOVED the previous three games, and therefore my anger and disappointment is proportionatly increased. These are not smaller bugs that you can ignore or circumvent, like the way Goblin and Blood shamans were deadly and had to be taken care of immediatly in Crossworlds before the patches... These actually can ruin your whole game. For me, the game crashes in the battle with Eric EVERY TIME, effectively making it impossible for me to leave the first island.

Thanks a lot, testers, you probably went to strip clubs during your work hours, I guess. Cause these are not bugs you can easily miss.

Seriously, why doesn't 1C hire some of the people on these forums as beta testers instead? We are obviously doing a better job, as evident by the 45-page long bug thread.

Godlikan
11-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Well I am not so many frustrated thus I play for a reason that this is the only bug that I encounter, and of course I can evade. Try to reinstall game and DirectX Redistributable, Microsoft Net Framework and c++. Latest Display Drivers too. Hope I was of help.