PDA

View Full Version : Rage Skills...Not Leveling

Highborne
10-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi all,

Just playing this WotN, and Olaf's rage skills are not leveling independantly or with his own level.

Thus at level 6, I am still using the trash level 1 vortex doing 70 damage a hit to enemies and starting to get pummeled by fights that should be "evenly matched".

Is this a bug or are his skills never supposed to level or learn new ones unlike all the previous King's Bounty games?

Nike-it
10-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Hi all,

Just playing this WotN, and Olaf's rage skills are not leveling independantly or with his own level.

Thus at level 6, I am still using the trash level 1 vortex doing 70 damage a hit to enemies and starting to get pummeled by fights that should be "evenly matched".

Is this a bug or are his skills never supposed to level or learn new ones unlike all the previous King's Bounty games?

That's not a bug, you will be able to upgrade your rage abilities only after you meet the first Valkyrie.

Highborne
10-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi, thanks...umm at what point do you meet this Valkyrie? Because battles are starting to get ridiculous and I am on the 2nd island.

I suggest a patch where...well that requirement isn't required.

Sneaksie
10-26-2012, 09:54 AM
She is on 2nd island.

sulik
10-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi, thanks...umm at what point do you meet this Valkyrie? Because battles are starting to get ridiculous and I am on the 2nd island.

I suggest a patch where...well that requirement isn't required.

Before you make any more suggestion about patches that makes the game easier i would recommend watching this:
http://www.gamespot.com/super-meat-boy/videos/are-modern-games-being-dumbed-down-6398401/

Highborne
10-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Before you make any more suggestion about patches that makes the game easier i would recommend watching this:
http://www.gamespot.com/super-meat-boy/videos/are-modern-games-being-dumbed-down-6398401/

Rofl, shut up kid.

It is a stupid mechanic, which wasn't present in other King's Bounties and makes it so you lose around 8 levels worth of experience for your rage skill.

Mandea
10-26-2012, 11:06 AM
maybe it is stupid, but it's something new, you can't just make the same game over and over again. so the changes may not appeal to everybody.

Highborne
10-26-2012, 11:08 AM
maybe it is stupid, but it's something new, you can't just make the same game over and over again. so the changes may not appeal to everybody.

Cough, have you seen all the King's Bounty and even Majesty and most games from 1C? They are copy pasted.

Mandea
10-26-2012, 11:22 AM
yes I have, they are not quite identical, changes needed to be made, so there you have it. :)

jake21
10-26-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't think the game needs to be made easier; but the curve is a bit off as well as the classes. What I mean is that (more so than in previous version) the game can be difficult at the start for some classes (easy for others) but by mid game it seems to get a lot easier a lot faster.

Zechnophobe
10-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Highborne, this is more similar to KB:TL, where you don't even get the rage mechanic until you've done a bit of questing. However, here you get it right away, but just can't level it.

bsctgod
10-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Glad I found this. I thought maybe the game was broke too.