PDA

View Full Version : Stationary planes spawns and spawn bugs

Fenice_1965
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
What happens when stationary planes spawn points are depleted ? Do the program assigns built in spawn points or what ?
I'm asking this because in our server we're having a lot of strange phenomenas using this feature, the worst of them is explosion at spawns.
This is the report of a player with some screenshots.Spawn bug on Burning Sands map
Spawned in at E2 base in the ramp area
4.11.1 with Hsfx 6.1
Only mod active was the hsfx history mod
Flew one mission with a Hurri and bailed after engine died.
Hit respawn at E2 and blew up on runway
2 aircraft sitting where I blew up, a P40 and a Hurri one on top of the other.
Left game and cleared mission cache to see if that would affect anything.
Rejoined the game and chose E2 and hurri and again blew up
Same planes were on runway, P40 and a Hurri one on top of the other.
Re spawned again with same affect.
Watched another player having the same issue at the same place.
I watched some players land and pass right through the parked planes on the runway and other crash into the same planes.
Another p40 showed up on the taxi way just down from the 2 planes on runway.
After a short time and a few players hitting the parked planes they disappeared, but the one on taxi way was still present.
I they hit re spawn and was placed right where the p 40 and hurri were on runway but did not blow up.
I then taxi over a little to the other side of taxi way and hit re spawn again to see what would happen.
I again spawned on the runway at the place wher the p40 and hurri were previous and then took off.
The p40 was still on taxi way but was gone when I returned from a mission.
http://www.birdsofprey16thgviap.com/Pix/grab0011.jpg http://www.birdsofprey16thgviap.com/Pix/grab0012.jpg

I just looked at the ntrk and for some reason I was unable to see my self in first person. (edit I spawn in at 1:48 and that when you can see my view)
I just looked at the ntrk and for some reason I was unable to see my self in first person. (edit I spawn in at 1:48 and that when you can see my view)

i was also not able to see the parked planes on runway !!
I switched to another player view on externals and was able to see me spawn in and blow up but was not able to see the p40 and hurri stack on top of each other on the runway as in the game or screen shots.
I took 2 more screen shots that show one player in a bomber passing through the place where i blew up without getting damaged and the other of Rambu which crashed into the parked planes which are not visible. http://www.birdsofprey16thgviap.com/Pix/Bomber%20spawn%201.jpghttp://www.birdsofprey16thgviap.com/Pix/Rambu%20crash.jpg

One of the players explained the bug this way.
I wonder if that's possible to be solved at all:
Stationary plane spawns together with unlimited planes on the regarding base?

The "stationary plane spawn" feature is intended to show stationary planes as long as there are no players instead using that base.
As the number of stationary planes is finite, as is the number of available "slots" for players.

Say you have a base with 10 stationary planes. Now players 1 through 10 join that base. What will happen? They will pick one of the stationary spawn points after another until there are no stationary planes left, instead all that is remaining is an empty base and 10 players airborne.
If one of those players returns, is killed or however else finishes the sortie, the regarding stationary plane will be put back in place (at it's original stationary location).

Now what happens if player No. 11 joins that base?
Well... he will spawn *somewhere* on that base, in doubt right in the middle of it (which pretty likely is mid of a runway in case of a single runway base). That much that good as well, but what happens when that player finishes his sortie? See above: His plane will be replaced by a stationary one, at the "original" spawn position, which now is mid of the runway.
Bad enough, but even worse for player No. 12 joining later.
He'll spawn at the very same position (mid of the base since there's no spawn point set for more than 10 players), but No. 11's stationary "placeholder" is still there. Bang!

See what I mean?

We have also double planes with a single nickname (one parked and the other in flight and other strange things) Sincerely I do not know if this is a problem of spawn themselves or if it is linked with known uncompatibilities in spawns between HSFX and stock server, but i'd like to understand this behaviour and find a way to work around it.
Ty in advance for help

JtD
11-07-2012, 07:26 AM
If a stationary plane gets destroyed, it no longer works as a spawn point. The only scenario I can imagine is that there is a default spawn point on the same spot the stationary plane is at.

I think logic is like that:
- players per base as determined by number of default spawn points of the airfield
- 1st choice for spawn point: stationary plane like players choice
- 2nd choice for spawn point: generic stationary spawn plane
- 3rd choice for spawn point: default spawn point

Essentially, if all stationary planes on a base are destroyed, it works like a base that never had stationary plane spawning. Feel free to share the mission.

Fenice_1965
11-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Here it is.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48856483/Burning%20Sands_411.mis
BTW it seems that in the case I posted explosions are on the runway, well away from the spawn places and also they happen one after another, because players continue spawning on the wreck and exploding, like it hasn't been broken by first explosion.
BB and thx